It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: OT: Small addition to my new M&P AR-15
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:56 am 
Tournament Grade

I removed the Magpul rear flip up sight and added a standard A2 carry handle.

Before:

And now:

I know that some may being saying "um, yeah.....so?" No biggie right? But the reason I am happy and proud at the same time is that this carry handle was given to me this past weekend by my nephew. Who happened to have this same carry handle on top of his M4 for the last 3 years in Afghanistan. :D

When he handed it to me I told him I was honored to have it and thanked him again for his years of service.

I really like how it adds to the gun too. It gives it that more "classic" AR look. Plus I like all metal sights anyways. I do plan on replacing the front sight with a metal one as well.

Thanks for reading...

The Guinea

Post subject: Re: OT: Small addition to my new M&P AR-15
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:54 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Sounds like a good mod to me. Use it with pride.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:14 pm 
Tournament Grade

Thanks jake.

To those who may ask or wonder about my nephew handing me govt property (as some have in a couple other forums) the story is this.

My nephew served as an Army reservist, and during his first tour in Afghanistan he ran into some issues with the original carry handle on his M4. Before returning for his second tour, he purchased this carry handle prior to deployment. He used it while he was serving, then took it off and brought it home with him when his service was completed. :D

I never even thought to ask him about it until a couple other people mentioned it. So I gave him a quick call today and asked him about it. I was just happy/honored to receive it. :wink:

The Guinea

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:20 pm 
Crown Grade

Nice. The carry handle is a better dedicated sight. The flip up sights work as backup if you are running an optic, but they aren't as solid as a fixed sight.
And the history makes it all the better.