Shotgun Forum banner

Mossberg 590A1 18.5" +2 extension from Choate!

26K views 95 replies 38 participants last post by  sbninja 
#1 ·
I talked to Choate Machine and tool and they will custom make +2 extensions for 18.5" 590A1's. If we can get 5 orders together they will only charge the standard fee. Here's the quote from Fred Choate.

If you get 5 guys to get one I will make a run of 20 or so and they will be the $45.00 like our other +2 extension.
Thanks

So what we need are exact dimensions and thread size for this new extension. My 590A1 is still in transit so I cannot get to it until next week. If anyone who owns one can take measurements and possibly pics of it being measured we could get a jump start.

Russ D

#3 ·
I'm not worth a nickel uploading pics, but I have an 18.5" 590 A1, and would like to get in on the extension,(I sent Craig Prince a check a month or so ago, and I'm still hoping to get his extension). I'll try to get some pictures as measured tomorrow...no promises, as work has been a load, lately, but I'll try. Maybe someone sharper than me will get to it before me, and save me some embarassment.

#5 ·
I'm not only not good at photography, I can't even get measurements. Can not locate my calipers, and tape measurement will not be accurate enough for machining. I wonder if Choate has access to a 590 A1 magazine.? For all the extensions they make, I would think they could locate a template. I'm still in for an extension, and will try to find my calipers, or borrow a micrometer.

#11 ·
I have a 590A1 as well as a 930. I ordered a +2 extension from Nordic for my 930 and when I got it I tried it on the 590A1 just to see if it fit. The threads on the extension nut were just a tad looser on the 590A1 than when I screwed the extension nut onto the 930. I don't know if this information is helpful, but it does indicate that the mag threads on the 590A1 and 930 are slightly different. Choate makes the +2 extension for the 930 SPX.

Regarding length of my +2 Nordic extension I recall that it did extend beyond the barrel of my 590A1 which has the 18.5 inch barrel.

#13 ·
I was looking for a magazine extension for my 590A1 and came across this forum just in time :mrgreen:

Russ D,

Count me in for one mag extension. Please update us with further instructions on what to do. Judging by the responses, I think you've got the 5 guys you need now.

#17 ·
I would like to get one also, but I think I'll give Max100 one more week. Hell, I've been waiting since March now! If he doesn't come thru, then I would definitely like to be included in this purchase! Thanks for the research, you'd think Mossberg would just make the damn mag ext. themselves! Still, love my 590A1, it kicks butt! {hs#

#24 ·
Yes I think it's best if we all order directly from Choate. I have no interest in organizing anyone else's money. I'm just trying to get these made so anyone interested can order directly from Choate. I won't know about the front sling issue until I hear back from them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.