Shotgun Forum banner

Synthetic aftermarket stock for Mossberg 500 20 gauge?

5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  NHrural 
#1 ·
I have a Mossberg 500 in 20 gauge and would like to replace the wood hardware that came on it with something synthetic since this gun will be spending a lot of time in the boat while at our cottage. I'm specifically looking for both stock and fore end in synthetic; the stock could have an attached pistol grip but that is really not important.
I know people will question the 20 gauge but I have my Defender in 12 gauge and also a Redhawk .44 magnum for any trouble with bear. I keep the 20 gauge at the cottage so that when guests visit who have not shot I can introduce them to shooting with a shotgun that is not intimidating. I've found that once someone who might not consider a gun for their own protection has a positive and non frightening experience they are much more open to considering becoming a gun owner.
Thanks for any advice board contributors may have; I have learned a great deal from this forum and am impressed with the no nonsense, no b.s. way most board members behave.

#2 ·
I believe the 12 gauge stocks will fit the 20 gauge 500s. There are quite a few synthetic stocks available if they do. If not, the factory Mossberg synthetic stocks shouldn't be too hard to find used.

Pere Ubu opened for The Pixies the first time I saw them about 20 years ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.