It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: in ___________ we trust; vendor props
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:53 pm 
Utility Grade

Here is a list of some of the vendors that I have bought from with no problems:

DVOR.com
Gearsector.com
sgammo.com
Opticsplanet.com
GoingGear.com
Spectergear.com
BotachTactical.com

I know some people have had problems with Botach Tactical in they past but I have never had a problem with them. But I must admit that they do ship kinda slow.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:33 pm 
Presentation Grade

Cactus Tactical! I've placed quite a few orders with them over the years for Nordic Components and other various shotgun gear and their service is excellent.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:55 pm 
Tournament Grade

Mesa Tactical. I bought a used 4 shell holder on ebay and the rubber thingy was worn out. I emailed them and asked how I could buy new ones and they sent me one of each free of charge.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:31 pm 
Utility Grade

Be careful with S&J Hardware out of Canada. Their products seem fine, but they don't return e-mails or phone calls. They also do not work with customers to resolve problems (returns, etc.).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:39 am 
Utility Grade

Cheaper than Dirt just went haywire in the wake of Sandy Hook. Their prices went nuts. I'd remove them from any of your lists unless you like paying too much.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:04 am 
Utility Grade

I purchased the flashlight (Armytek Predator XP-G2) on the site of this company http://www.armytek.com
It was good experience: fast free delivery, good service, prices and sure the flashlight :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:25 pm 
Utility Grade

so far since buying my SG I have dealt with:

sportsmans guide
Wilson tactical

will add more to the list as I shop around

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:03 am 
Tournament Grade

I've had great service with

Wilson Combat
Mesa Tactical
Arms Unlimited
Optics Planet...got a Mossberg surefire forend for $180
Mossberg...told me two month wait on parts which I was okay with...arrived in one week
Mossy Oak
Cabelas
Gander Mountain
Surefire
Hogue
Damage industries...really nice quality QD swivels
Grov-tec
CQB solutions (now Spectre Gear)
Brownells
Midway Usa
Numrichs Gun Parts

quite a few others I can't remember over the years...will edit as I recall

Vendors I will not deal with again

Smartgunner...said item shipped in 48 hours...never received any emails telling me item shipped for a week, left two emails, no response...third email threatening BBB, got a phone call within the hour of sending email claiming they were preparing shipping that day...coincidence...I think not...canceled order and went to Arms unlimited where it was $10 cheaper and had it by Friday, ordered Wednesday.

Cheaper than Dirt...will not deal with business that jumps the price on Pmags to $60 on a $17 poly magazine...ammo prices were outrageous...complete highway robbery during a tough time for gun owners...really screwed the pooch

"There are no such things as dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men."
-Robert Heinlein, Methuselah's Children

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:15 pm 
Limited Edition

The Good:
Brownells.com (always found my parts on there)
Surefire
Keepshooting.com (Super great surplus stuff!)
Benelliusa Store
KAC
Opticsplanet (they made mistakes but quickly fixed it)
Nordic (great customer service)

The Bad:
eBay+Gaypal

The Ugly:
Impact guns (you call that customer service?)
Cheaper than Dirt (NEVER EVER buying from them even if they sell DD ar15s for $1)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:19 am 
Utility Grade

Trying to find someone who can do all requisite work to my Mossberg 500 (barrel and tube) to get it down to a 12" barrel (also I assume the capacity will have to go from 5+1 to 4+1, so there's that). For the life of me I can't seem to find someone who will do it. Suggestions? Success stories? HELP!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:24 pm 
Field Grade

Another +1 for sportsmans guide.
I ordered a box of hst 9mm, being prompted by their recent free shipping offer right after xmas.
I forgot to enter the code and didnt notice till I had checked out.
I sent them an email.
The 1st business day they assured me ill get the shipping refunded.
Just tonight I ordered some more great 9mm hollowpoint from them. The hard to find speer gold dot 147gr.
Their cost shipped is about the same is competitors before shipping, if you can find it
8)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:38 am 
Field Grade

Slickguns.com has always provided quality vendor links with great sales on products.

-MidwayUSA
-OpticsPlanet
-Brownells
-LAPoliceGear
-Europtic (phenomenal customer service)
-S&J
-GG&G
-Trijicon
-Cabelas

What I would say, is if you are buying small cheap parts for your gun (for instance, a non-MIM extractor for your 870), buy directly from the manufacturer. I tried to buy the non-MIM on midway and brownells both, and they wanted to charge me an extra 4 dollars for 'processing' because the order was under $20. I went to Remington's website and got the part for 2 dollars cheaper than Midway/Brownells' listed price AND no 4 dollar charge on top of that.

Last edited by TheHeckler on Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:18 pm 
Field Grade

WilburPost wrote:
Be careful with S&J Hardware out of Canada. Their products seem fine, but they don't return e-mails or phone calls. They also do not work with customers to resolve problems (returns, etc.).

Yup I ordered some things from them and my order came up short and they just ignored me. I will never do business with them again. Ever !!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:44 pm 
Presentation Grade

nodakjohns wrote:
WilburPost wrote:

Yup I ordered some things from them and my order came up short and they just ignored me. I will never do business with them again. Ever !!!

Isn't one of our members the owner or rep or something for S&J? Badboybeeson? I've heard a lot of this too though. He posted one of his shameless self endorsements a while back about discounts on their stuff and against my better judgement, I asked if he had a picture of the 930 extension installed on the gun. He told me to search the internet. All I found was a handful of people complaining that their extension didn't fit and no one at S&J ever got back to them or made any attempt to help whatsoever.

badboybeeson wrote:
Misery556 wrote:
Do you have any photos of the Mossberg 930 with your +2 extension installed?

id have to dig them out, but im sure we do somewhere.
that said we have sold 1000,s of them so im sure there are some pics on the net.
bbb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:30 pm 
Field Grade

Misery556 wrote:
nodakjohns wrote:
WilburPost wrote:

Isn't one of our members the owner or rep or something for S&J? Badboybeeson? I've heard a lot of this too though. He posted one of his shameless self endorsements a while back about discounts on their stuff and against my better judgement, I asked if he had a picture of the 930 extension installed on the gun. He told me to search the internet. All I found was a handful of people complaining that their extension didn't fit and no one at S&J ever got back to them or made any attempt to help whatsoever.

badboybeeson wrote:
Misery556 wrote:

that said we have sold 1000,s of them so im sure there are some pics on the net.
bbb

its a good thing i was able to read this-thank you Misery556/Nadakjohns/Wilburpost...

i emailed them about a month ago asking for a shipping qoute since they said in thier website to ask for a shipping qoute for international shipments (since im from the Philippines)...

no reply...nothing...

he (BBB) posted here a while back on thier reported sale on certain items...i again communicated and posted on that said thread asking if he had read my email and shipping query...

again no reply....nothing...

plain snobbery, since maybe he's choosing to ignore me-just because im from a third world country doesnt mean i cant pay for the items im asking a qoute for... :mrgreen:

goes to show what type of company or operations they run...i didnt mind the bad rep i was hearing from them...till i experienced it first hand...

the GG&G site/company is a different matter...even tho they stated they didnt ship internationally due to ITAR, the representative was quick to email me informing me they cant ship.. asked again if they had distributors in our country, and even if they didnt, he was again quick to reply matter a factly and even apologized they can send me anything and thanked me for my interest in thier products...what a great company...just wish they had distributors here!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:11 am 
Presentation Grade

You don't need to look far to find yet another reason not to deal with badboybeeson and S&J. His signature includes a link to a SGW member discount thread where there has been no discount code since October 2011 when it was last edited. It's now 2014 in case anyone was wondering ...

viewtopic.php?f=91&t=226553&p=3132985#p3132985

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:20 am 
Utility Grade

While I know I don't have much of a post count here, I am not new to firearms and dealing with vendors. I am a 17 year LEO, and am an NRA Certified Handgun/Shotgun, Tactical Handgun instructor. I have been an instructor with my dept for about 13 years, to include HG/SG, and AR-15. Anyway, enough about me, just that I am not a new guy. I had an absolutely fantastic transaction with Vang Comp. I sent them an e-mail inquiring about some work to my duty shotgun, a Remington 870. They didn't answer my e-mail, instead I got a live call from John. He was super helpful and nice. I sent them my barrel, and the same day they received it they completed the work and shipped it back out!!! That is customer service! I was only down 4 days on my gun. I will always recommend Vang Comp, an do business with them any time I can.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:16 am 
Field Grade

Misery556 wrote:
You don't need to look far to find yet another reason not to deal with badboybeeson and S&J. His signature includes a link to a SGW member discount thread where there has been no discount code since October 2011 when it was last edited. It's now 2014 in case anyone was wondering ...

viewtopic.php?f=91&t=226553&p=3132985#p3132985

i think he read my post here...suddenly he replied to my query on the thread i was referring to..also sent me an email for the shipping quote...

but 45 dollars for shipping? even if i was asking for thier mossberg 590 bundled/combined items promo?

thanks but no thanks...from the promo, i think there is nothing there that is too big/bulky or even heavy to warrant such a high price in shipping..ill just wait for some accessories landed here in our country, or find other creative ways in accessorizing my shotgun...might as well help my fellow Filipino FA importers here in thier business also...:)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:41 am 
Field Grade

VegasShooter wrote:
While I know I don't have much of a post count here, I am not new to firearms and dealing with vendors. I am a 17 year LEO, and am an NRA Certified Handgun/Shotgun, Tactical Handgun instructor. I have been an instructor with my dept for about 13 years, to include HG/SG, and AR-15. Anyway, enough about me, just that I am not a new guy. I had an absolutely fantastic transaction with Vang Comp. I sent them an e-mail inquiring about some work to my duty shotgun, a Remington 870. They didn't answer my e-mail, instead I got a live call from John. He was super helpful and nice. I sent them my barrel, and the same day they received it they completed the work and shipped it back out!!! That is customer service! I was only down 4 days on my gun. I will always recommend Vang Comp, an do business with them any time I can.

congrats sir on your excellent experience with vangcomp..

there is a reason they have been in the business for so long..maybe aside from the great products and services they sell, they also have great customer service...

just wish they could be international and reach us here somehow, like exporting pre-made vang comp barrels...just so i could personally taste a sample of what they have to offer... :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:00 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

badboybeeson wrote:
Misery556 wrote:

bbb
[/quote]

its a good thing i was able to read this-thank you Misery556/Nadakjohns/Wilburpost...

i emailed them about a month ago asking for a shipping qoute since they said in thier website to ask for a shipping qoute for international shipments (since im from the Philippines)...

no reply...nothing...

he (BBB) posted here a while back on thier reported sale on certain items...i again communicated and posted on that said thread asking if he had read my email and shipping query...

again no reply....nothing...

plain snobbery, since maybe he's choosing to ignore me-just because im from a third world country doesnt mean i cant pay for the items im asking a qoute for... :mrgreen:

goes to show what type of company or operations they run...i didnt mind the bad rep i was hearing from them...till i experienced it first hand...

the GG&G site/company is a different matter...even tho they stated they didnt ship internationally due to ITAR, the representative was quick to email me informing me they cant ship.. asked again if they had distributors in our country, and even if they didnt, he was again quick to reply matter a factly and even apologized they can send me anything and thanked me for my interest in thier products...what a great company...just wish they had distributors here![/quote]

No snobbery here my friend, I was also born In a 3rd world country, and have no issues shipping our products to places where its not against the law.
FYI there is no ITAR on shotgun parts out of the US, should guns parts are DOC approved for export for DOJ controlled for 90% of us made shotgun parts.
If GG&G don't want to deal with you its not because of ITAR.

As for shipping, before you complain that we don't want to ship to you or we are trying to over charge you, do this
go to http://www.canadapost.com
international shipping
post code k8n2w1
shipping ( select your country)
size 26 x16 x6 CM
international parcel

$47.38......

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next