It is currently Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How to Post Pictures
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:59 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

(Submitted by MountainDave)
The easiest way to post photos is to use an online web album like Picasa (if you have a Gmail/Google account you already have this), Photobucket, etc. You can post photos from your MySpace or Facebook albums as well. Whichever service you use, once you can see the image online, skip to step 6.

To include an image in your post you can upload it to SGW Photos then paste a link to the image into your post. Here’s how:

Before uploading you should edit your photo a bit. If you don’t have Adobe Photoshop, Corel Paint Shop, or Photo Suite, etc., most digital cameras come bundled with some kind of basic photo-editing software – check the setup disc if you still have it.

1. Resize photos for easy viewing in your post (around 800 pixels wide and/or 600 pixels high) and to help make files smaller than 1 Mb.

2. Lower resolution to 72 pixels/inch (maximum resolution of the average monitor) to help make files smaller than 1 Mb. Some editing software will allow you to lower the "quality" setting a notch or two when saving (i.e. Photoshop) to further decrease image size.

3. I find it easiest to open two windows or tabs to post or reply to a post (just in case you need to go back and get more photos): the Photos page and the SWG Forums.

4. Upload the photo to the SGW Photos page. There are a few easy to follow steps.

5. Once uploaded open the picture in its full size by clicking on the image itself – a new window should open up with the full-sized image.

6. Right-click the image and select “Copy Image Location” (Firefox users) or "Copy Image URL" (Chrome users) or "Copy Image Address" (Safari users). IE users will have to select "Properties", then select and copy the URL in the window that pops up (Microsoft always has to do things the hard way :wink: thanks to Rastoff for the heads-up).

7. Paste the link where you want in your post.

8. Highlight the link and click the button labeled “Img”. It will now look something like this:

Code:
[img]http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/cpg1410/albums/userpics/normal_Chuck-O_Connell-c1914.jpg[/img]

The photo will look like this:

Click the preview button to check if it worked. If you uploaded a fairly wide image, you may notice that SGW automatically resizes them so they more easily fit on everyone's screens. You can right click on the image in the thread and select "Open Image in New Tab" to see the original size.

Cheers,

David

Post subject: Re: How to Post Pictures
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:08 pm 
Utility Grade

Why can't we have a simpler, easier way to add pictures to a post , like so many other sites, even from e-mail. The " for sale " would sure save a lot of " can you send pics to--------"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:16 pm 
Utility Grade

It's too complicated!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:16 pm 
Utility Grade

When I click on upload photos to SGW Photo Gallery, I get the message "You don't have permission to perform this operation"
There is no option to upload my photos.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:29 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I also have problems and on other sites the "Upload Attachment" Field is at the bottom of the New Topic post .

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:11 am 
Utility Grade

How do I post an add(for sale) w/pic's

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:21 am 
Tournament Grade

hd1. wrote:
It's too complicated!!

I'm with this guy on this one. why don't you just copy ebay ad a photo system. it's so easy. your is just to techy for most of us. :(

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:41 pm 
Utility Grade

How do I post an ad and how do I add photos.

Thx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:23 pm 

Upload your photos HERE.
cpg1410/index.php

Follow instructions found here.
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=172986