It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SOLD FS: Fabarm XLR5 Waterfowler 12ga. Right Handed
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:38 am 
Field Grade

For sale: Right Handed Fabarm XLR5 Waterfowler with a 30" Tribore HP barrel that I purchased in August, 2016, it has 974 rounds through it. Asking $1550.

Included is all accessories that came with it when new. It's a fantastic shotgun and features the Kryptek Banshee camouflage pattern with soft touch finish on buttstock and forearm that is very grippy and aids a sure grip when cold and or wet. The buttstock is adjustable with included shims. It has removable sling swivels that are a nice feature and a choke wrench. Additionally it comes with 4 factory Hyperbolic Inner HP choke tubes: Medium 5/10, Long 7/10, Xtreme 9/10 and an extended Inner HP Xtreme 9/10 with Banshee camo finish. It breaks clay birds with authority. The barrel is a Tribore HP with an extra long forcing cone, a long overbored section and finally a conical section that creates a venturi effect before entering the Hypbolic choke tube increasing velocity somewhat. I shot my Remington Versa Max side by side with this gun utilizing similar chokes and same shells, the Fabarm read 75-100 fps higher than the Versa Max all shells fired, maybe this is more than just marketing propaganda.

Here's a link to the manufacturers page for the waterfowl.
https://fabarmusa.com/xlr5-waterfowler/

Here's a link explaining the Tribore HP barrel and Hyperbolic choke tubes:
http://www.fabarm.com/web_eng/caratteristiche-dettaglio.asp?i=1

This link is to the photographs in the gallery, you can click on them and see larger photos,
http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/cpg1410/thumbnails.php?album=956

It is in excellent condition other than a small horizontal mar in the camo finish on the left side of the receiver and a few tiny mars in the same vicinity visible in one of the photographs. Someone knocked it over as it was sitting on a stand and put those few mars in the finish. On the right rear of the receiver, where the buttstock attaches there is a small black mark that was present in the finish at time of purchase, it's visible in one of the photos as well.

Please write with any questions.

G.A

Last edited by gman69 on Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: FS: Fabarm XLR5 Waterfowler 12ga. Right Handed
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:50 pm 
Limited Edition

Why are you selling this? Have you shot any heavy waterfowl loads through it? How about really light target loads?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:59 pm 
Field Grade

jcbabb wrote:
Why are you selling this? Have you shot any heavy waterfowl loads through it? How about really light target loads?

I have several shotguns and I need to get rid of one of them, the others have been used a lot and no one would be interested in them. This one is basically like new except for the few marks in the camouflage finish in the photos.

I have shot 3" Kent Fasteel 3's with 1 1/4oz loads through it, the shotgun cycled them perfectly. It's a 3" gun.

I have shot 1oz target loads and it cycles them about 85% of the time. The cycling has gotten better with use, I have been told that when it is fully broken in that it is most likely 1oz shells will cycle normally.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:32 pm 
Field Grade

Reduced to $1450

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:10 am 

If you have minimal or no prior history here on Shotgun World and you are offering a gun to sell, you must include in the listing (not a link to elsewhere) at least one current photo of the item for sale. One of the photos must have the item and a picture of the front page of a newspaper or a printed news article from the internet with the printed date clearly visible. This is to help prevent bogus sales offers. Items for sale without this may be deleted without warning or notification.

Post subject: Re: SOLD FS: Fabarm XLR5 Waterfowler 12ga. Right Handed
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:36 pm 
Field Grade

Thank You! :-)

Post subject: Re: SOLD FS: Fabarm XLR5 Waterfowler 12ga. Right Handed
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:23 pm 
Field Grade

FishingBen wrote:
Thank You! :-)

You are most welcome Ben.

Good luck with it this season!