It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: V3 Remington FS
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:01 pm 
Tournament Grade

99.99% condition.

Fired 25 rounds through her at the trap field this evening and we just don't get along.

Not my first mistake in buying a shotgun that turned out to be a case of irreconcilable differences, hence a divorce sale.

Wood, 26" barrel with only modification being a gunsmith installed sling stud on the stock.

Pics available via text, PM for them.$525 USD, delivered to your FFL.

Post subject: Re: V3 Remington FS
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:47 pm 
Crown Grade

Curious, what do you not like about it?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:54 pm 
Tournament Grade

Being a LH shooter, the RH palm swell became more of an issue than originally anticipated.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:05 pm 
Tournament Grade

SOLD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:49 am 
Field Grade

Man, I hate I missed this.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:50 pm 
Tournament Grade

^^^ Wish I had gotten the synthetic as it supposedly has shims and a neutral pistol grip. Also, I understand Remington is now including a free set of ski goggles to handle the powder blowback situation! :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:05 am 
Diamond Grade

Pretty obvious by your post that you will answer in the affirmative, but I'd just like to confirm...was your walnut gun a burnt powder spitter?

I need an inexpensive, back-up/loaner/general purpose gun for the very rare waterfowl hunt I "may" go on, and for when my main skeet/clays gun may be down.

I am not too awful enamored with the V3 except for being a admittedly a bit drawn by the price, uniqueness of the gas system, and the lifetime warranty...but rather, as a low cost (low risk) back-up toy I can unload f I don't keep it.

I like prefer walnut but could possibly live with my first plastic stock if shims are not to be forthcoming for the walnut, or if it has noticeably better handling characteristics. Is it only the walnuts with their slightly different forearm design that spit the residue, or do some plastics do it too?

There are lots of decent used pumps and auto-loaders available for about the same price as a V3, so we shall see.

Last edited by Grouse Gunner on Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:24 am 
Presentation Grade

I have not seen any reports of a Walnut V3 with a gas blowback issue. The gas system has some minor changes from the synthetic. These changes appear to direct the gasses forward. The gas blowback issue is certainly not present on every synthetic gun. Someone reported that they were able to eliminate the problem by creating a "gasket" with some tape to better seal the area between the front of the receiver and the fore end, thus forcing any gasses upwards and not rearward.

I have a Walnut and making my own shim was pretty easy. I used some kydex left over from a holster project, but a shim made from wood would have been just as easy to make. You need a saw, a drill, sand paper, and some time.

I do feel that Remington should better address the gas blowback issue, even a few guns with this problem is creating a Public Relations issue for them. They need to get out in front of the issue and stop it cold. They should also manufacture shims. I can't imagine that shims would be particularly expensive to make. They could sell the as an after purchase part to help cover the costs. There are other more cheaply made, lower price guns that come with shims. I just don't get it why they are so reluctant to deliver on this.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:32 am 
Diamond Grade

I do feel that Remington should better address the gas blowback issue, even a few guns with this problem is creating a Public Relations issue for them. They need to get out in front of the issue and stop it cold. They should also manufacture shims. I can't imagine that shims would be particularly expensive to make. They could sell the as an after purchase part to help cover the costs. There are other more cheaply made, lower price guns that come with shims. I just don't get it why they are so reluctant to deliver on this.[/quote]

Agree 100%. If I'm attracted to the gun others are too. And if I have purchasing reservations about inconsistencies in quality control regarding some guns inflicted with powder blow-back and other guns not, so do other potential customers. Ditto with no shims. It seems Remington could easily out source inexpensive plastic shims to some other manufacturer if not feasible to produce them themselves.

I am very reluctant to buy a brand new gun that requires me to add a jury-rigged gasket out of tape to keep from getting peppered by powder residue. There are too many good guns on the market with which that phenomenon is not an issue. Still, if Remington solves that problem, I may own a V3.

So far Remington is in danger of some thinking they "almost but not quite" got it right with the V3.

Last edited by Grouse Gunner on Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:02 pm 
Presentation Grade

If enough potential buyers, and current owners, contact Remington and tell them that they want shims Remington would probably make them. I sent them an email letting them know that I would like shims.

Randy Wakeman made a post that he had heard that Remington was holding back on making shims because they felt that there was not enough demand for them. Well, those of us that want shims should let them know. If we remain quiet Remington will never make them.