It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: So what happened to the endless "police acted stupidlies
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:19 am 
Tournament Grade

"My wife, I think, knows the truth about Mike Brown. She won't say "Hands Up, Don't Shoot". She still thinks Wilson was a coward, for not using mace or pepper spray or a billy club"

You should bring you wife to a real ghetto, let a 300 pound man attack her and see what weapon she grabs first.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:46 am 
Crown Grade

If the general public had a better knowledge of the underbelly of society there might be a question on why there were not more police shootings.
And I recognize there are some power hungry and otherwise incompetent law enforcement officers out there.
A study of demographics and attitudes toward law enforcement says a lot.

Quote:
Overall Rise in Confidence Masks Drop Among Hispanics, Liberals, Younger Adults

Though the overall numbers have rebounded, the years of national turmoil have only deepened the divide in the confidence that Americans of different ages, ethnicities and political beliefs say they have in the police. The loss of confidence is most apparent among Hispanics, liberals and those younger than age 35.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/213869/confi ... erage.aspx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:53 am 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

Far too many Wyatt Earps for sure, and not enough Kojacks ! "BABY"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:56 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Here's something, we don't see every day. A blonde haired, blue eyed, attractive, white woman calls the police to report a sexual assault in an alley near her home, and responding officers shoot and kill her.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/17/us/minnea ... index.html

The first lesson, as any well raised hillbilly would point out, is that cop calling is hazardous to your health, and by calling the cops this lady was gambling they wouldn't shoot her by mistake, and she lost the bet. If she'd not called the police, she'd still be alive, today. Just say no, to cop calling.

The second lesson is that modern police are still very much afraid of citizens, and whenever you are speaking with a policeman, remember that if you do one thing to make them afraid of you, they'll kill you in a heartbeat.

The third lesson is that white people do not care when the police shoot other white people, and Black Lives Matter only cares if black lives are taken by the police. If she'd have been black, Minneapolis would be on fire, right now.

I wonder how she scared the police? It might even have been an unintended discharge by the officer. Somebody, has lots of explaining to do, to their supervisor, for certain and sure.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:45 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

CNN = More "fake" news !

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:42 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

driller wrote:
CNN = More "fake" news !

The story isn't fake, and it's reported on Fox News, too. Fox reports that one of the officers was Somali, and he offered condolences.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/17/mi ... ences.html

These officers, didn't just murder this lady, to shoot a blonde, pretty white woman. They were afraid of her, for some reason, or else it was an unintended discharge.

They did not have on body cams, so they'll have a good chance of blaming her for them shooting her, and not facing criminal charges.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:50 pm 
Crown Grade

There is a lot to learn before convicting the officer before a thorough investigation, and yes this incident is very troubling and rekindles memories of the Philandro Castille shooting.
Training should always be reexamined.

The shooter in this case was a Somali and in the Castille case a hispanic.
We also have to look at a rather delicate matter. On psychological testing of police candidates and whether or not in the desire to get a more diverse police force certain standards are waived for minorities.
I hope that I am wrong on this possibility.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:24 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

VictorGK wrote:
There is a lot to learn before convicting the officer before a thorough investigation, and yes this incident is very troubling and rekindles memories of the Philandro Castille shooting.
Training should always be reexamined.

The only thing I can think of, that would have caused the police to shoot her, would be that she was Australian, and had a naive view of urban police officers. She would have had a cell phone, and might have naively approached the cruiser, and when told to get back, froze or laughed or did something else that made her seem a threat, so they killed her without blinking an eye.

Approaching a police cruiser can get you a ticket to the graveyard, but that lady might not have realized that, or thought her status as a white woman gave her immunity. Wrong choice.

And I get the feeling, that the usual apologists won't be apologizing for this black, Muslim, Somali policeman.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:36 pm 
Crown Grade

SuperXOne wrote:
And I get the feeling, that the usual apologists won't be apologizing for this black, Muslim, Somali policeman.

I, as usual, will be waiting for more factual information to come out before assigning blame anyplace.

Cops can screw it up same as anyone else can, but if for any reason one of them THINKS you are a threat to them (whether their thought is correct or not), you are very likely to get shot, possibly to death, and, same as for you or I, if they can articulate to the "reasonable person" level that they felt in danger for their lives and why, it is a Good Shoot.

Guy in a dark entryway in New York 2 decades back, went for his back pocket and got perforated for the effort of trying to get his wallet in a hurry when cops were telling him not to move.
Had he selected not to move, and "my ID is in my back pocket, in my wallet, YOU go get it officer, I'm not moving", he'd have lived the night.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:16 am 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

SuperXOne wrote:
driller wrote:
CNN = More "fake" news !

The story isn't fake, and it's reported on Fox News, too. Fox reports that one of the officers was Somali, and he offered condolences.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/17/mi ... ences.html

These officers, didn't just murder this lady, to shoot a blonde, pretty white woman. They were afraid of her, for some reason, or else it was an unintended discharge.

They did not have on body cams, so they'll have a good chance of blaming her for them shooting her, and not facing criminal charges.

It is suspect if it came from CNN. Show us the death certificate .

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:30 am 
Tournament Grade

driller wrote:
SuperXOne wrote:
driller wrote:

It is suspect if it came from CNN. Show us the death certificate .

It could be faked, just like Nell Armstrong walking on the moon!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:56 am 
Crown Grade

The "Unintended Discharge" is out IF the reports of her being shot multiple times are accurate.

Also, reports currently state that she was talking to the car driver, the car passenger was the shooter.

The number of accurate "breaking news" reports I've seen in the last decade you could count on the fingers of one hand.
One amputee's hand, so we shall see in the ensuing near future what really happened.

Yes,, CNN will invent a corpse, but they didn't invent this one, she is dead from being shot by the po-po.
The exacts of how and why are what matter.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:13 am 
Crown Grade

SuperXOne wrote:
e only thing I can think of, that would have caused the police to shoot her, would be that she was Australian

Obviously you have never seen law enforcement training videos on the various and sometimes inventive ways they have been killed. There is the idea that officers should be able to go home at the end of the day in one piece instead of to the morgue.
And I have been to the funeral of a relative that was killed in the line of duty by a Homecoming King-Quarterback who decided he didn't want to take his meds any longer.
We have no idea if the victim was acting in a rational or irrational or even threatening manner and events that may have had the cops on edge.
Then again perhaps the officer was unfit for police work and should never have been hired or allowed to complete the academy and deserves to suffer the consequences of his actions.
Let the information come forth before coming to a hysterical conclusion.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:58 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

VictorGK wrote:
SuperXOne wrote:
e only thing I can think of, that would have caused the police to shoot her, would be that she was Australian

Obviously you have never seen law enforcement training videos on the various and sometimes inventive ways they have been killed. There is the idea that officers should be able to go home at the end of the day in one piece instead of to the morgue.
And I have been to the funeral of a relative that was killed in the line of duty by a Homecoming King-Quarterback who decided he didn't want to take his meds any longer.
We have no idea if the victim was acting in a rational or irrational or even threatening manner and events that may have had the cops on edge.
Then again perhaps the officer was unfit for police work and should never have been hired or allowed to complete the academy and deserves to suffer the consequences of his actions.
Let the information come forth before coming to a hysterical conclusion.

I can imagine the Australian lady had a different worldview than if she'd been raised in Minneapolis. Something in her conduct, caused the police officer to kill her to stop a perceived threat. She could have been drunk, or talking too loud, or held her cell phone in the wrong way. Somebody who grew up in America, who wanted to live to sleep that night at home, and grow gray enough to retire,,,knows that calling the police is nearly always a bad idea, and if you do, then stay inside and don't go up to a police cruiser responding to a sexual assault call. These days, the police are going to shoot you, if they get afraid of you.

Police work has been well described as years of boredom punctuated by seconds of pure terror, or something like that. It's a dangerous, risky profession. The policeman runs towards the sound of the gunfire, that will send me running the other way.

Whatever happened, the police officer that shot and killed the lady was so afraid of her he killed her. We have to wait to know why, if we ever do.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:04 am 
Crown Grade

First we must look at the influence that "The System" may have had on the incident before we cast aspersions on the officers.
When I was a student the popular concept being forced upon us was that the individual did not have as much responsibility for their actions as society forced them into this, we had a more "conservative" society
back then.
So lets start with the political side (sorry Curly but you know who led us to this).
This is where we need to start. The shooter had two years experience and was the senior officer.
That and was there something in training or local police folklore where the victim and her actions were a threat?
Quote:
Is it normal practice to partner a rookie (or close to it) with an officer with just a couple of years of experience on patrol? Maybe it is, but it seems curious; it would be interesting to hear from LEOs as to what their own experience in partnering has been. This might be a lesser question in relation to the body-cam compliance, perhaps even more so because it was the more experienced officer who fired the shot at the unarmed woman. Still, the pairing of two officers with lower levels of experience seems like a decision worth reviewing, too.

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/07/18/a ... -shooting/

There is more information coming out, there had been complaints against the officer.
Quote:
The police officer who shot dead an Australian woman outside of her Minnesota home was already under investigation for 'violently' forcing a woman to hospital, court documents allege.
Mohamed Noor reached over and shot Justine Damond, 40, multiple times from the passenger seat of his squad car while she spoke to his colleague on the drivers side in a back alley behind her upscale Minneapolis home.
Both officer's bodycams were off and the squad car camera not recording, but an audio exchange between dispatch and the officers involved captures the chilling moments directly after she was killed at around 11.30pm on Saturday.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4nCXymHwK
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

woman-investigation.html

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:22 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

For over fifty years now, the popular press in America has written about the "bystander effect" where witnesses are too indifferent to call the police when they see, and hear, a crime committed. This was made famous by the Kitty Genovese case of 1964.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Kitty_Genovese

What's not got enough press, is how many people pick up a cell phone and call the police, when if they'd use common sense and reason, they'd mind their own business, instead. It should cost money to call the police. Even a twenty dollar charge would cut down on crank calls, and a hundred dollar charge, would be even better. If it's an emergency, worth the response of the police, then the good citizen shouldn't mind to part with a few dollars to summon help.

This woman lost her life, and the cop that shot her has become an international pariah until the day he dies, because the woman likely mistook a cat howling, or a couple arguing, or some drunks talking loud, for a sexual assault. Notice, that in every account of this tragedy, there is not any mention of a woman being sexually assaulted. This was a false report.

I still believe, that the overwhelming majority of police officers are like Evbutler, that if given a choice between his life and the life of an innocent citizen, would chose to die himself, because of his devotion to the idea that a policeman's first task is to protect and serve. But there are some policemen whose idea of police work is that it's a dangerous job, where the policeman's primary task is to make it home alive every day, and live to draw a pension. It only takes one of those, to gun you down in a heartbeat if they are afraid they or their partner won't make it home that night.

Thirty or forty years ago, the police had lots of problems with officers that were just not able to pull the trigger in a deadly gunfight situation, and that hesitation cost lives.

Today there's the opposite problem, of some policeman drawing and shooting any perceived threat as fast as a Hollywood gunfighter. They do it because they are afraid of dying. We need to somehow make them more afraid of living, if they gun down the wrong person, by mistake.

Yet we still want the police, to win the actual gunfight with an armed opponent.

The right balance of a policeman devoted to protecting and serving the public, and protecting and serving himself, is the goal, and it's a hard balance to achieve.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:04 pm 
Crown Grade

Investigators probing the death of an Australian woman who was fatally shot by Minneapolis police officers over the weekend said Tuesday that the officers were “startled by a loud sound” near their patrol car right before the shooting.

The officer who was driving the patrol car told investigators that right after the loud noise, Damond approached the car on his side.
The officer who was in the passenger seat then fatally shot Damond through the driver’s side window, according to investigators.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:07 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

OldStufferA5#1911 wrote:
Investigators probing the death of an Australian woman who was fatally shot by Minneapolis police officers over the weekend said Tuesday that the officers were “startled by a loud sound” near their patrol car right before the shooting.

The officer who was driving the patrol car told investigators that right after the loud noise, Damond approached the car on his side.
The officer who was in the passenger seat then fatally shot Damond through the driver’s side window, according to investigators.

The lady heard something. I wonder if her fiance was home, and knew better than to call the police for strange sounds in an alley?

I was taught, that if you think you want to call the cops, try and think of any time you ever heard somebody say, "I called the police, and they came and helped me"?

And I admit a particular Ozark custom that to admire a policeman, was universal, but to actually call the cops on somebody meant you might as well move to Arkansas and live in a shotgun shack with the other Arkansawyers that called the cops every night on each other. Cop calling, was something trashy. I doubt they believe that, in Australia.

Besides, if we heard a woman screaming outside, it was usually dismissed as either a screech owl, or a cat howling.

Whatever happened, the police didn't find a woman being sexually assaulted, or we'd have been told that, by now, surely.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:20 am 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

It is beginning to look like FIREWORKS played a big part in this event. If true, it is a sad, but understandable mistake.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:58 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

This might be another case, like that one last year where the mentally handicapped white kid was being led down the street by his therapist, and the kid started acting like his toy tractor was a gun. Two cops came, and the therapist was begging them not to shoot the kid, because it was a toy tractor, and after a tense standoff, one cop shot at the kid and hit the therapist in the leg.

The cop that shot the Aussie lady, had to shoot across his partner's face to shoot her.

He was imagining she had a gun. His mind was playing tricks on him, conjuring up something as real, that was not.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next