It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Practical jokes
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:20 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Another post got me to thinking about this. Tell us your best practical joke story wether you were the victim or a co/conspirator. At work a friend and I had a new kid ready to go snipe hunting but another guy let him in on it. It was a shame to because we were really low key for about a month were were showing him snipe holes and tracks in the woods.

Post subject: Re: Practical jokes
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:48 pm 
Tournament Grade

Had a lady in the office who, when you called her name, would push away from her desk and roll her chair over to your desk. One time she was really focused on something and we laid bubblewrap behind her chair and then called her name. She just about jumped out of her skin when she hit the bubblewrap.

A good trick for computer monitors. Right click on the desktop and select "Graphics Properties" then select "Display Settings" here you must check the box "Enable Rotation" then select the 180-degree rotation button. This will turn you computer screen image upside down and the mouse controls are backward. A good way to mess with someone's computer without doing any harm. To fix, select the 0-degree button and everything is back to normal.

If you can find "Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans" from the Jelly Belly candy company, mix them into an assortment of regular flavored Jelly Belly candies and watch the people's faces when they get flavors like Ear Wax, Black Pepper, Vomit, Spinach, Sardine, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:04 pm 
Crown Grade

Oh man while living at home, my little brother and I used to prank eachother all the time. Pranking him was the way I used to get back at him or his friends when they pissed me off. Probably the most common prank I pulled on them was the hand in warm water trick when his friends stayed the night. I did other ones such as mustard packs under the toilet seat, ice water poured on his head while he showered, makeup on his face while sleeping, etc.

I will share his best prank he pulled on me because he deserves the credit. While I was taking a shower, he snuck into my room and took my lotion and poured it all down the drain and replaced the contents with sunless tan cream. Of course I didn't know about it and rubbed it on thinking it was lotion. Took awile to take effect, but it did so when I was with my friends. I was NOT a happy camper!

DCx2 Acta Est Fabula
"Liberals need to own the First Amendment like the Conservatives own the Second" - Bill Maher
MAGA = Morons Are Governing America
Does anybody remember laughter? - Robert Plant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:43 pm 
Crown Grade

I'm a very evil practical joker - one time made a fake Publisher's Clearing House Winner placard for the side of a van and drove to a friend's house when I knew nobody was there and made a big fuss "trying to find him" - neighbors went gazoo. Drove off. He went gazoo when he got home. I never told him I did it.

In Britain there was a website that if you logged on it would scream (and I mean SCREAM) "My boss is a c*nt" VERY loud.

I'd e-mail the URL to people I knew worked in cubicles. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

When my son was about 8 yrs old I bought him some fake blood in a joke shop. He poured it on his hand just before his mother (my ex-wife) came home. She opened the front door and came in after work (he was at her house- she had visitation rights) and he ran up to her holding his bloody hand, whimpering.

He and I thought it funny, her lawyer did not.

It's SxS, DT splinter/English for me!
Shotguns speak in many voices and fortunate are those of us who hear more than one.
May God bless our Union.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:08 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

So why is she your EX wife? :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:44 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

An older relative of mine and myself would go back and forth.

When he was building his house and didn't have plumbing yet he had diareaha one day and had to use a 5 gallon bucket.
I went over there when he was gone and took a clean bucket, screwed it over the floor heat vent with one way screws, and then dumped his sh!t bucket into that one.
Then turned the heat up when I left. :lol:

I took chalk line chalk and dumped it into the defroster vents of his POS cube van one winter.

When a buddy of his got married and went on his honeymoon, this relative of mine went over to his house and filled absolutely anything with water that would hold water and then put a live minnow in it. Every glass, bowl, toilet, bathtub, sink, ANYTHING that would hold water.

Another guy I know came back from ice fishing and put a little crappie in an old work glove and then stuck it under the seat of my relatives pickup truck. He'd always complain of the stench, but didn't find the fish for well over a year, by which time it had dried out.

We got pretty serious with our pranks. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

$10 Obama bumper stickers removed $10 Call now, appointment needed

I was anti-Obama before it was cool.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:58 pm 
Crown Grade

hudlow1 wrote:
I went over there when he was gone and took a clean bucket, screwed it over the floor heat vent with one way screws, and then dumped his sh!t bucket into that one.

How many weeks did it take to get rid of the stench or did he burn the house down? :lol:

Best-
Vikram

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:11 am 
Crown Grade

Being destructive is not a practical joke

It's SxS, DT splinter/English for me!
Shotguns speak in many voices and fortunate are those of us who hear more than one.
May God bless our Union.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:11 am 
Crown Grade

You can see some interesting things around a car repair shop. Here's a couple of the really good ones...

One of our techs came up with a fake finger tip. It was pretty bruised and bloody looking and had a ragged back end. He would catch one of the new guys coming thru, close to his stall, and slam a hammer down on his steel bench, start hollering for whoever he was trying to get at that time and grab his "finger" and wrap a rag around it. He's a good actor and can make his voice quiver, so he's pretty convincing. When the victim runs over to him, Larry would say he'd mashed his finger pretty bad and needs to go to the hospital. The victims eyes would generally get real wide and as he'd turn to go to the shop foreman's office, Larry would groan and tell him to come back QUICK because something was really wrong. When the victim turned back toward him, he'd push that bloody looking finger tip out of the rag onto the bench. I've seen "deer in the headlights" looks on up to guys just about losing their lunch.

Another of our techs, had this wood & wire cage with big warning signs all over it. DANGER! BITING ANIMALS! DO NOT TOUCH!
When a newer person came to work, we'd give them awhile to get used to us, then start talking about the "MONGOOSE". Talk about how bada$$ they were because they could hunt and kill king cobras and other poisonous snakes. How sharp their teeth were(it helped that the tech had been working on cars all his life and his hands were pretty banged up from under car hoods) and point out the scars on his hands, telling all kinds of outlandish stuff. How bad attituded they were and how much trouble the tech had had trying to catch it after it got out the last time.
When the big day came, the tech would come walking up through the lot really slow, wearing welders gloves, toting this big ole box with all the warning signs and whispering for all within hearing to be quiet so "it" wouldn't wake up just yet. After sitting the box down, he'd get which ever victim to come around to the front of the box. You had to get the box low enough so the victim would have to squat, slightly. All you could see, thru the wire, was a brown tail hanging out of a hole in the back of the box. All the while, us helpers were still talking about how mean this thing was and asking the tech when it last ate, etc. When the victim assumed the position, the tech would offer to tap on the back of the box to "wake up" the Mongoose. He'd hit a little lever on the back, releasing about half of the top(it was spring loaded), which flew forward and smacked down on the front half. The "Mongoose"was attached to this by a string. Sometimes the"mongoose" would land on the victim, then things got REAL interesting.
We had this one new tech that was a big ole biker boy. Acted like he ate razor blade for breakfast or something and would fight anybody,anytime. The mongoose hit him right in the face! He'd squealed like a little girl, turned and ran down between some cars in the lot and boke off 3 side mirrors in the process. One gal, who worked in the office, was wearing a wool sweater and skirt when she got to meet it. The mongoose stuck to the front of her sweater. She stood there all wide eyed and shook while making this low moaning noise. When she recovered, somewhat, she started cussing a blue streak! That's when we realized she'd peed herself. I think this was the last time the mongoose got to come to work...

HWD

My Marine kicked cancer's a$$!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:47 am 
Crown Grade

Back when things could/would be laughed off and folks weren't suing for you passing gas around them, there were a couple of old codgers at our shop. They'd worked together for about 20 years and were like an old married couple sometimes. Anyhoo, both were jokers from the git-go. They'd been pulling the lead bullets out of some 38s, putting them in a vise and smacking them with a hammer when somebody came thru the shop. They made a right good bang! How they kept it up with out getting hurt is anybody's guess. Somebody finally either complained about their antics or offered to whip the pair of them out back of the shop. The service manager got wind of it and went to tell the jokers to knock it off, but couldn't find them. As he turned to walk away, they comeout of where ever they'd been hiding. One smacked a shell that was in the vise while the other tossed a handfull of shot across they top of a car, onto the service manager. He just about pitched an ole time hissy fit! After all the cussing and laughter ended, the two jokers promised to quit with the shell smacking.

HWD

My Marine kicked cancer's a$$!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:08 am 
Crown Grade

When I worked in a metal shop, the guys used to finish their coffee that was in 12 oz polystyrene cups and then they'd have fun with the cups. They'd turn the cup over and pull it to the edge of their work bench so that you could work the end of a cutting torch under the up. They would fill the cup with gas, then slide it back onto the bench, thus creating a little cup bomb sitting upside down on their bench. Some guy would come over later while they were using their torch and they'd just touch the cutting torch to it. As soon as it burned through the polystyrene, all hell would break loose and that cup would blow to about 500 little pieces. It looked like snow.

That was always pretty funny.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:02 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

vikram wrote:
hudlow1 wrote:

How many weeks did it take to get rid of the stench or did he burn the house down? :lol:

Best-
Vikram

He found it after a couple hours. We both still laugh about it. Although I've never asked how he got it off. :lol:
Pumpster wrote:
Being destructive is not a practical joke

Nothing we did was destructive.

$10 Obama bumper stickers removed $10 Call now, appointment needed

I was anti-Obama before it was cool.