Shotgun Forum banner

Anti Social Personality Disorder and crime

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Ezra Smack 
#1 ·
Just came across this and if you are interested in the causes and effects of crime it is worth a study. People with Anti Social personalities can have excellent people skills and can be rather charismatic and manipulative.
Most inmates will have at least one personalty disorder.
Antisocial Personality Disorder (ASPD) is wildly overrepresented in prisons. Take a crowd of 100 people of the street, and chances are just one to three of them will have ASPD. Take 100 people from a prison, and you can expect 40 to 70 of them to have the disorder.

That's significant, because ASPD has been linked with aggression, irritability, disregard for rules, disregard for other people, and dishonesty.

But there's reason to take it seriously. Twin studies suggest that genetics explain about half of the variance in ASPD diagnoses, and environmental factors the other half. And a new study has begun the task of identifying which genes are most likely involved in ASPD, with significant success.
http://www.businessinsider.com/genes-pl ... der-2016-9

Antisocial personality disorder is a disorder that is characterized by a long-standing pattern of disregard for other people's rights, often crossing the line and violating those rights. A person with antisocial personality disorder (APD) often feels little or no empathy toward other people, and doesn't see the problem in bending or breaking the law for their own needs or wants. The disorder usually begins in childhood or as a teen and continues into a person's adult life.
http://psychcentral.com/disorders/antis ... -symptoms/

#2 ·
James Lee Burke says that the prisons are full of people who think they're twice as smart as the rest of us.

You can't cure stupid.

#5 ·
body said:
Yet another reason to remove them from the gene pool, early and often.
As the article stated about those with the disorder, doesn't see the problem in bending or breaking the law for their own needs or wants.
So just who is going to run this country then if these infidels are removed. :wink:

#9 ·
Funny-I am thinking more and more that people in general suck! I appreciate my dogs more every day. And yet I am a law abiding working man who is a Christian and have had a job all my life, married 35 years, raised children, etc....... does this mean I have a personality disorder? I don't like to be in large crowds either. Maybe I need professional help. :shock:

#10 ·
Ezra Smack said:
Are you suggesting eliminating people who fit the profile of potential criminals before the fact?
No Ez, you have to give them a "starter crime." But if they beat a robbery victim half to death, just skip right to the hanging. It's only a matter of time before they kill. Society is very cavalier with innocent lives, and very concerned with guilty ones. It's a curiosity I've always wondered about.

#11 ·
Doing surveys of anti social attitudes in prisons is like researching alcohol abuse rates in a beer joint.

The miracle is that anyone being kept locked in a cage with criminals for associates isn't deemed antisocial.

Crime rates are going down all over the world, nobody knows why, and the prison industry keeps running surveys to justify their turn at the public tit.

#14 ·
nody said:
Ezra Smack said:
Are you suggesting eliminating people who fit the profile of potential criminals before the fact?
No Ez, you have to give them a "starter crime." But if they beat a robbery victim half to death, just skip right to the hanging. It's only a matter of time before they kill. Society is very cavalier with innocent lives, and very concerned with guilty ones. It's a curiosity I've always wondered about.
If you judge people by their actions rather than by their psychological profile, their race or the fact that they own guns the bad eggs will eliminate themselves through criminal actions. A strong intolerance to crime with severe penalties is the answer. Not pre-judging people based on statistical probabilities.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.