ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus is for real!!!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:55 am 
Field Grade

YSR... Same place the media got theirs.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:08 pm 
Crown Grade

To those that think this a hoax and choose to ignore the warnings, I am inclined to say "Have at it Tiger!". But that inclination is tempered by the thought that irresponsible Tigers will infected others in high risk categories.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:13 pm 
Presentation Grade

I will not respond to those that think this is over blown. Here are the numbers for the county were I live. 10 confirmed cases and 3 of them are hospitalized. You do the math.

On my own case of exposure. We have contacted and talked to the NY State Health and they are evaluating my wife's exposure and will schedule testing within 24 hours. I will continue to update this information so that those of you who had contact with me can decide what to do.
The NY protocol as was told to us is if you are within 6' of someone that is positive you should contact your physician for instruction and quarantine information. I am not confirmed to be positive and the other important factor is I have no symptoms and it's been 6 days. Please don't panic but use good judgement. I have no doubt that even if I do get this I am strong enough to survive but as I sit home thinking about the possibility that I may have exposed my friends it makes me very uneasy.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:28 pm 
Presentation Grade

Let me be clear. I do not think COVID 19 is a hoax. Yes, people are going to get sick. Yes, reasonable precautions should be taken to avoid getting sick. That said, I do not , for even one minute, believe the current "crisis" will rise to the level of the H1N1 epidemic. During that time, NO ONE and I mean NO ONE raised the alarm until 1000 people had died. We did NOT turn our country upside down even though more than 12000 people eventually died. The world is NOT coming to an end, folks. Oh, by the way, if you think this rant is from a 30-something full of health and vigor, you would be wrong; I am nearly 70. So, that places me in the same age bracket of some of you who, seemingly, are paralyzed by fear. As I mentioned in a similar thread, I'm not going into hibernation. I will continue to go to the places I want to go to.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:40 pm 
Limited Edition

BobFM wrote:
I'm a 66 year old Respirarory Therpait working in NYC, so I am very much on the front lines - along with the RN's MD's, NP's and other health care workers. I can assure you this is no hoax it is very, very real.
China is not a leftist country, nor is Iran, Russia or in fact most of the world, out to promote a leftists agenda in the hopes of defeating Donald Trump. Yes, I agree there are those on the left, who will accept (secretly) of course, that this virus and its repercussions on the economy are worth the price to pay for getting Trump out of office. I also suppose if a Democratic President were in the White House today, instead of Donald Trump, the same scenario would be played out by the right. Unfortunately, such is the world we live in.[/b][/i]

The countries you mentioned certainly don’t have our best interests in mind.
Dictatorships with a Communist or Fascist history are appropriate. Would you like it better if they were labeled progressive’s? The old soft sell?

Your supposition is ridiculous. What party has shown a propensity for weaponizing any crisis including this one? The radical left Democratic Party.

I wish you luck on the front lines. Try to keep it in perspective.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:44 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

OMG this is ridiculous - If your afraid of catching something, DON'T GO! We don't need the mothership to make decisions for local clubs. The local clubs can do as they deem appropriate. You don't like that your club is open, STAY HOME. How hard is that?
And yes, I'm in the age group most at risk.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:49 pm 
Presentation Grade

Vette
I appreciate your right to have your opinion. What I doubt is your qualifications to suggest that I should agree.
H1N1 was difficult and handled without anywhere near this type of media coverage. The difference according to my doctor is the mortality percentage and the fact that we have no vaccination developed yet. Check out the numbers with someone who is qualified and then get back on SGW and let us know if you still believe that it is hype.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:58 pm 
Crown Grade

JeffColorado wrote:
OMG this is ridiculous - If your afraid of catching something, DON'T GO!

Except that if you go and get infected, it is just not your problem. It becomes the problem of others you infect and didn't have the option of telling you not to go.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:10 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

ShowMe wrote:
JeffColorado wrote:

Except that if you go and get infected, it is just not your problem. It becomes the problem of others you infect and didn't have the option of telling you not to go.

Then you should stay home with the windows closed, don't go to the store or for god's sake anywhere near the doctors office or to work. And hope the power doesn't go out or the water department doesn't need to fix a line because you may come in contact with these people. So in your mind where does it end? Maybe, YOU stay home with your windows and doors closed, take responsibility for yourself.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:14 pm 
Crown Grade

JeffColorado wrote:
ShowMe wrote:
JeffColorado wrote:

Then you should stay home with the windows closed, don't go to the store or for god's sake anywhere near the doctors office or to work. And hope the power doesn't go out or the water department doesn't need to fix a line because you may come in contact with these people. So in your mind where does it end? Maybe, YOU stay home with your windows and doors closed, take responsibility for yourself.

So you are saying the only choice is between going nowhere and going everywhere. Not so. Not by a long shot. There is a huge difference between going to the doctor or drug store or grocery, and going to the gun club.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:37 pm 
Crown Grade

Quote:
There is a huge difference between going to the doctor or drug store or grocery, and going to the gun club.

Yes, there is. You're probably more likely to run into infected people at the first three you mentioned.

-Securitization
Take your pick.

Always make an even number of mistakes. One may cancel out another.

"People who enjoy meetings should not be in charge of anything." --Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:15 pm 
Crown Grade

Isolate infected individuals and, as far as possible, their known contacts. If you are sick with flu or cold-like symptoms avoid contact with others, and call your doctor for advice regarding appropriate testing and/or treatment. If you are among the worried well, as much as you can avoid high risk situations - people whom you know to be sick, crowds. Wash your hands frequently and well with warm water and plenty of soap. Keep your hands away from your face, especially after touching environmental surfaces. All of that is intended to slow the spread of this pathogen in the population and to give the best chance that there will be adequate resources to properly treat all individuals who are experiencing severe disease - at any one time.

nCOVID19 is already embedded in the population; virtually all of us will be exposed. A substantial subset of us will develop clinical disease; severity will depend on the individual. The old and those with chronic health conditions are at greater risk.

Use common sense. Don't panic; it won't help you or anybody else.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:29 pm 
Crown Grade

mwr01 wrote:
Isolate infected individuals and, as far as possible, their known contacts. If you are sick with flu or cold-like symptoms avoid contact with others,

But you are contagious before you show symptoms.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:36 pm 
Presentation Grade

https://www.wect.com/2020/03/16/interac ... ses-world/

the survival rate is actually quite high people who are succumbing to it, have other underlining medical issues that aren't being reported on.

Is it serious.........anything can be serious. Should we start canceling shoots because of bee's? allergies? food allergies?

I think it's a mix of irrational people causing others to make knee jerk reactions. As I sit here working from home all because of a company wide mandate.

NSCA#620844
"regarde le putain d'oiseau"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:57 pm 
Crown Grade

gdub41 wrote:
https://www.wect.com/2020/03/16/interactive-map-track-all-reported-coronavirus-cases-world/

the survival rate is actually quite high people who are succumbing to it, have other underlining medical issues that aren't being reported on.

So it is within your rights to spread the virus to those in the high risk groups?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:04 pm 
Crown Grade

remdog1187 wrote:
BobFM wrote:
I'm a 66 year old Respirarory Therpait working in NYC, so I am very much on the front lines - along with the RN's MD's, NP's and other health care workers. I can assure you this is no hoax it is very, very real.
China is not a leftist country, nor is Iran, Russia or in fact most of the world, out to promote a leftists agenda in the hopes of defeating Donald Trump. Yes, I agree there are those on the left, who will accept (secretly) of course, that this virus and its repercussions on the economy are worth the price to pay for getting Trump out of office. I also suppose if a Democratic President were in the White House today, instead of Donald Trump, the same scenario would be played out by the right. Unfortunately, such is the world we live in.[/b][/i]

Dictatorships with a Communist or Fascist history are appropriate. Would you like it better if they were labeled progressive’s? The old soft sell?

Your supposition is ridiculous. What party has shown a propensity for weaponizing any crisis including this one? The radical left Democratic Party.

Isn’t there a special room to talk politics ?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:09 pm 
Limited Edition

McFarmer wrote:
remdog1187 wrote:
BobFM wrote:

Isn’t there a special room to talk politics ?

You don’t need a special
room for a subject that is multi faceted, do you?
For all the geniuses that want to restrict your civil liberties and constitutional rights, think about this. When the gov’t officials close the banks by declaring that currency is a major source of communicable diseases/viruses like Corona, how will you obtain your frozen assets?
Of course they are looking out for your best interests. Right? Be very careful what you wish for.

Last edited by remdog1187 on Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:14 pm 
Diamond Grade

ysr_racer wrote:
I dropped out of the State Championship. Not for me, but my wife is a year older than me, and has diabetes.

I'm not willing to risk her health. They'll be other tournaments.

If you're shooting, have fun, shoot well, and be safe.

It was canceled with the hope to do it this fall?

"I instruct to break targets...I coach to compete".

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:20 pm 
Crown Grade

ShowMe wrote:
mwr01 wrote:
Isolate infected individuals and, as far as possible, their known contacts. If you are sick with flu or cold-like symptoms avoid contact with others,

But you are contagious before you show symptoms.

Yes, that is one of the reasons that the best we can hope to do is flatten the epi curve, at least until an effective vaccine is available. Now, transmission of some of the other coronavirus slowed when the weather warmed, perhaps this one will do the same. We can hope, but probably shouldn't plan on it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:37 pm 
Presentation Grade

I don't trust any numbers that come out of China, they lie, always. I know more than a few people that were home with the "flu" but tested negative that it makes me think that if on day 1 we had the same level of testing for Wuhan (it's not racist) that we have for the flu the mortality rate would be lower, but it is hard to believe the 1% mortality rate when we are testing such a small % of the sick population.

I shot this weekend in East Texas and no body seemed real worried, most were shocked to find out that the rest of the country hasn't been wiping their butts or washing their hands, bunch of gross MFers out there.

The destruction to the economy due to heavy handed regulations will do more harm than Wuhan Flu does and while I don't think this is any way a hoax or something to be summarily dismissed, I do think the media is making it a big deal to help the Dem candidates attack Trump and the GOP. The Dems only chance in this election was for the economy to crater and this is there chance. Go back and look at the numbers for H1N1 and how that was handled by the press when Obama was President. For those of your referencing Italy as an example, they are one of the worst countries for containing/preventing the regular old flu every year. I am off to buy stocks and get rich on the rebound. I plan to be at Texas State in 5 weeks, I just hope Sea World and Fiesta Texas are open for the kids.

Lastly, when do we start to talk about a permanent quarantine on China. All these "super bugs" come out of there.

All that being said, if I was older I would be taking quite a few more precautions and probably wouldn't be going to the big shoots. You old guys be safe.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next