ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: What is the last step in this CCW deal?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:48 pm 
Limited Edition

In Arizona the requirement was 20 rounds. 10 at 7 yds and 10 at 10 yds, IIRC. No time limit. It's been a lot of years since I took the class. After everyone qualified our instructor, who was a member of the original LAPD SWAT team, set up a short, timed, combat course that anyone could fire if they wanted to. Back then I was shooting USPSA competition on a regular basis and breezed through it. Shooting and moving from target to target with a reload thrown in was a real eye opener for most of the class that had never done anything other than plinking or static target shooting with their carry gun. It made a lot of people in the class realize their need for additional training.

Stoeger Condor 12ga 20ga

Post subject: Re: What is the last step in this CCW deal?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:44 pm 
Utility Grade

Hey OP,

I'm not sure about the site that you listed, but I personally used https://onlinechp.com/ earlier this year to obtain my VA Resident CC permit. After I did the class and submitted my application to the State, it took about 15 days for the state to get my card to me in the mail. You can also use it to get a non-resident permit if you live out of state and are in a state that has reciprocity in VA. I hear the laws are changing on this in January, so it might be a good call to get this sooner rather than later if you haven't already.

Good luck!