ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Off topic but very important
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:37 pm 
Tournament Grade

On Halloween night or any time after sunset, people walking on the roadway should wear light clothing. I have almost hit witches and other kids on the streets. I suggest a couple of pieces of reflective tape. Too many times I have been scared out of my wits when suddenly out of nowhere kids and grown people wearing dark clothes are walking the roads. Not only on Halloween night but any night.

I realize that this is very much off the topic of firearms but if it can save a life, it is important.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Off topic but very important
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:47 pm 
Presentation Grade

Elmer Fudd wrote:
On Halloween night or any time after sunset, people walking on the roadway should wear light clothing. I have almost hit witches and other kids on the streets. I suggest a couple of pieces of reflective tape. Too many times I have been scared out of my wits when suddenly out of nowhere kids and grown people wearing dark clothes are walking the roads. Not only on Halloween night but any night.

I realize that this is very much off the topic of firearms but if it can save a life, it is important.

Thanks

In addition to your comments above, the pedestrians can help themselves, as well as motorists, if they walk FACING the traffic.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:58 pm 
Diamond Grade

And use sidewalks. And for the love of Pete, the speed limit is the max for PERFECT DAYTIME DRIVING CONDITIONS. I live in a neighborhood chock full of kids. 25 is the limit, 15 is prudent. Parked cars everywhere and you never know when a kid will, hell, I’ve seen adults, fail to look for traffic.

My dad used to say the same thing about cars and guns: if you kill someone on accident, you still killed someone.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:41 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Another factor is that kids wearing full face masks do not have good peripheral vision and may walk out in front of a car. My little girl is not wearing a mask but Mom is painting her face like a Day of the Dead skull. I am going dressed as the crazy daddy with a .45

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:21 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

While we are on the topic of Halloween safety, my wife had a great idea last year. She bought a box of these light necklaces from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Lumistick-Neckla ... 2715&psc=1

And handed them out to all the trick or treaters. They work just like a traditional light stick but because they are a ring they are more visible from behind. They were also a big hit with the kids.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:59 pm 
Crown Grade

Good suggestion on the reflective tape IMO, Elmer Fudd.

Sure pedestrians have the right of way, but if they are wearing Real Asphalt brand camouflage anyone might still run them over. That's the risk that comes with crossing the street.

In God We Trust.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:01 am 
Crown Grade

People in general are STUPID and expect YOU to look out for them!
We were all taught, at an early age, to do as suggested; BUT can't be bothered!
Thousands die every year and their relatives BLAME you. Nothing you can do!!