ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jimenez Arms files Bankruptcy
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:39 am 
Crown Grade

America's finest Saturday Night Special manufacture filed for bankruptcy last August claiming over $1,000,000 in liabilities and less than $34,000 in assets.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/202 ... -bankrupt/

If anyone has a hankering to own a firearms factory here is your chance to buy the tooling for cast frame pocket pistols. There is also a good chance that you might join The Ring-of-Fire tradition of getting sued out of existence.

In God We Trust.

Post subject: Re: Jimenez Arms files Bankruptcy
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:24 pm 
Crown Grade

They filed again already? They filed for bankruptcy last winter too. Who owns them now as Jimenez divested himself of the company then.

I've seen several dozen of these guns starting with the Raven name and ending with Jimenez. Only a handful of them worked even occasionally and only one of those worked most of the time. As an acquirer of "mouse guns" I've owned a few of them.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:35 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

uglydog wrote:
They filed again already? They filed for bankruptcy last winter too. Who owns them now as Jimenez divested himself of the company then.

I've seen several dozen of these guns starting with the Raven name and ending with Jimenez. Only a handful of them worked even occasionally and only one of those worked most of the time. As an acquirer of "mouse guns" I've owned a few of them.

When I had my pawnshop, I stocked a few Jimenez pistols. Unlike most brands, I could actually make a reasonable margin on the Jimenez (and Hi-Point). I sold a .22 to a guy and he brought it back, saying it jammed. He was a decent customer so I let him return it and apply the purchase price to something else. I decided to take the thing out and test it. When I shot it, it ran just fine. I think his problem was likely ammo related. I ended up keeping the gun, figuring it would be a good thing to take along on float trips, since i wouldn't kill me if it ended up at the bottom of a river.

I think they're kind of cool guys . . . in a "I wonder what the poor people are doing today" sort of way.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:23 pm 
Diamond Grade

I had a Jennings J-22, a predecessor to the Jimenez .22. Nice looking. Nickel plated, wood grips. 6 round mag. That gun would reliably fire 1-2 rounds before jamming. Gave pretty good slide bite as well. Gave it to a friend that was into Saturday night specials. He’s still ticked off at me 10 years later.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:45 am 
Field Grade

I bought a J-22 in the mid 80's just because. It jammed every other shot. About 15 years ago I was surfing the internet and found something about polishing the feed ramp on it. I put a little cloth wheel on my dremel and went to work. Viola!

It hasn't jammed since. Broad side of the barn accuracy, but fun to try to shoot cans from 10 yards.

Winchester Model 12 (100+ years old)
And my trusty 870 Express :)