ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Trulock Chokes

Post subject: Trulock backs up their product
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:08 pm 
Tournament Grade

I have a shotgun that only works with Trulock thin wall truchokes. But it’s one of my favorites and I use it every week so I purchased almost every construction tube for it. I decided to start using a IM choke at the 16 yard line. I installed a new tube I’ve had but not used yet in my gun. I snugged it just lightly as always being careful not to over tighten the thin choke tube. It snugged and then immediately felt loose. It’s hard to explain but I knew something was off. I removed it and the very end of the skirt had collapsed and made a strange like ring. I used a different construction tube and put that one away. I contacted Trulock and spoke to a very helpful woman and explained what happened. She made no excuses and immediately said that should never have happened and asked me to return it. When I ordered this choke I had ordered another and when they came one of them was in a package that did not match the choke so they had already sent me a replacement choke and a return label so I asked if I could send them back together and she said sure. I did and called to make sure they later received them. The same woman explained that yes they had and apologized that the failed tube ever left their facility. I understand they have a quality check system but they make thousands of tubes every day and they cannot check every single one. They are replacing it with zero hassle.
What matters is they stood behind their products and I am and will continue to be a loyal customer. They have a top quality product with top quality customer service and warranty.

Post subject: Re: Trulock backs up their product
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:55 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Trulock is a stand-up company. They make excellent products and they will treat you right. I've got a couple dozen of their chokes and recall only one slight incident with one about 12 years ago. As soon as I notified them of the problem, they immediately sent me a replacement.

Semi-Auto Classifieds is ONLY for Complete Semi-Auto shotguns.
Over/Under Classifieds is ONLY for Complete O/U shotguns.
Items other than a complete shotgun go in OTHER Classifieds.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:57 pm 
Crown Grade

I have gotten really fond of my Trulock PH in modified constriction for a 20 gauge that I use duck hunting. With Federal Heavy Weight ammo it is deadly out to a full 45 yards. Very consistent and effective patterns with 1 1/2 ounce of #7.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:59 pm 
Crown Grade

I agree! George and Co. are upstanding folks to do business with and I would not hesitate to buy more of their products going forward.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin