It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Please read before posting.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:09 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

All,
This is a "I love My...." forum and not a bash Baikal forum. You wouldn't drive your Ford Mustang to a Chevy Club meet and talk about how great the Ford's are and how the Chevy's suck. If you don't like the Baikal's then stay out of this forum. This is more like a Baikal Club than a Baikal Opinion forum, so I or a Mod will start deleting future posts that bash the Baikals.
REgards,
Jay

Post subject: re: Please read before posting.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:07 pm 
Tournament Grade

:D :D :D :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:25 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Good, maybe some of the personal attacks will stop.

#MMUSOpen2019 #TheForkUSOpen2021

Post subject: Re: Please read before posting.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:46 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

And there it is.... And much thanks again Jay for your support here in this forum/section.

Last edited by jds on Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:55 pm 
Presentation Grade

:lol: ^^^^ :lol:
{P^

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:00 pm 

Here here!

Amassing a stockpile of shotshells

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:38 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I think most Baikal owners are pretty straight up about reporting problems with their guns and I don't think honest reports good and bad are out of line in this forum when they come from real owners. That said, I'm glad those posters who seem to have a special axe to grind about Baikals will be kept in line.

No gun is perfect, but Baikals represent a good value for their target demographic. I bought mine when EAA was the importer, I sincerely hope Remington doesn't screw up while they're in charge. That would be sad for two companies and lots of enthusiasts.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:54 am 
Crown Grade

I'm certainly no Baikal lover, but I will play by your rules. Even though this forum is often a harsh environment, I do intend to jump in from time to time in order to give what I think is sound advice. I want to do this because many in this particular forum are new to the gun world and have questions that don't seem to be correctly addressed much of the time. I hope things calm down with the new moderator aboard and hope that his above post isn't a true reflection of how he's going to handle people. Cheers.

Post subject: Re: re: Please read before posting.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:09 am 
Limited Edition

Last edited by USMC-Ret on Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:14 am 
Crown Grade

USMC,

No, I don't own one, but I have an interest in many guns that I don't own. Like I said, my main interest in many forums is to pass along accurate information and some practical experience to newer shooters. Often times, some forums are dominated by new shooters and because this is the case, some general experience and knowledge might be lacking. An example would be the current post about someone's pattern problems and whether or not the barrel might have been bored off center, etc etc. No mention was made of POI and the poster receives a few replies, two of them suggesting that he send the gun back to the manufacturer. This is not always the best thing to do, especially right before hunting season is about to start. In this case, my best guess is that this problem is either a choke tube problem or an ammo problem and I suggested measuring the bore and tubes in order to see exactly what's what. In cases like this, I like to chime in and believe it's of help. If the owner or moderator don't want the advice, they only need to say so I won't post any longer. I certainly don't have a problem with that. One other thing... please don't think I'm trying to come off as a know-it-all, for that is not my intent.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:12 pm 
Utility Grade

:D new owner, at $nz850 best value for money down-under.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:41 pm 
Tournament Grade

Geezer you spoke my words
Thankx.

12Ga enthusiast...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:09 am 
Field Grade

Afzaal wrote:
Geezer you spoke my words
Thankx.
what do i have to do

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:44 am 
Field Grade

I absolutely love baikals i have owned several over the years, but still my favourite that comes out of the cabinet before most is a 27e fixed 3/4 and half chokes.. So yesterday my dad who's stilll shooting asked me to a clay shoot with him!!! After last using my trusty old baikal was also a clay shoot, i thought id treat it and clean & oil the gun from top to bottom, so believe it or not after buffing the wood for an hour or so the gun looks about 2 years old not the 25 years it actally is!!! We all no at a clay shoot we get all the berretta, browning, ect shooters that look down there nose at baikals.. So i waited my turn on peg 1 and its a high incomer, & a fairly close rabbit so for the incomer i thought id use the rear trigger first as the top barrel is the tighter choke then use the fore trigger for the rabbit as thats the lesser choked bottom barrel.. So called pull nailed em both first 2 shots.. Reloaded shouted pull again pulling the rear trigger first and both barrels went off at the same time.. I must admit i couldn't believe the bang and the gun flew into my sholder then comin back slammed me in the face.. But i held my composier as the berretta boys were quite rude saying get a real gun ect.. So i cocked the barrels a couple of times and without cartridges pulled each trigger to make sure it wasn't gonna happen again, & it didnt so reloaded & carried on... The gun was fine for the rest of the day & to prove a point shot my heart out & came in second hitting 46 out of 50, i then just blew the snobs a kiss & left.. But it has ruined my confidence a little bit with the gun, i was just wondering if anyone else has ever had this prob and is it a thing that will happen again now its happened once, any advice would b appriciated as its never happened before in the 15 years of owning it
Regards leon