It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SPR 453 magazine extension?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:51 pm 
Field Grade

anyone know where to get one? I've been looking around the internet the last few days with no luck

Post subject: Re: SPR 453 magazine extension?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:04 am 
Field Grade

From a previous post by someone:

The Tac-star 870/1100 mag extension worked on mine. You will have to use a spacer because the threaded section on the extension isnt long enough to cover all of the threads and the handguard will rattle.

The extension for anothe type of shotgun also works (according to another guy here), can't remember make. I think it's a 850??
GunCity in newzealand used to supply but I don't know if they supply anymore.(100 Euro)

There should be a stickey as this question is asked alot.

Cheers,

Read more: viewtopic.php?f=83&t=132803#ixzz142FJZJwH

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:21 pm 
Field Grade

I get 2 shels extension from Russia. It is has excentric hole and magazine follover couldnt go trought. So I am loading 5 shels, same as before, without extension. A bit of the disapointment.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:11 am 
Diamond Grade

Its the same thread as the Rem870. If you use a factory Rem870 extension you can thread the nut on all the way then thread the tube in (doesn't hurt to Loctite it together) and have a nice tight fit

http://www.kingarmory.com

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:31 pm 
Field Grade

Another thread discussing this issue:

viewtopic.php?f=83&t=211500

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:11 am 
Utility Grade

I recently picked up a 24" MP153 and am on the hunt for an extension myself. According to the paperwork mine is a 2011 production gun.

I've contacted all the magazine extension companies I could locate online, none confirm any of of their products functioning with the MP153. ATI has discontinued their polymer 870 extension that is often reported to work.

Tried fitting magazine caps from an 870, BPS, and Ithaca 37. The 870 cap only made it one turn before binding, the latter two wouldn't even start on the threads. Some posts online are claiming that the Nordic VersaMax extension worked, but as I understand the VersaMax has the same thread pitch as the 870 so I am assume this would not work for me.

Found a post on a foreign website reporting a Beretta Xtrema extension worked. Nordic's Xtrema extension is listed as also being compatible with the Nova, Super Nova, and CZ 712. Choate lists theirs as also compatible with the Franchi 912, 612 and Fabarm FP6. I am hoping to locate one of these shotgun locally and see if the magazine caps interchange. Else wise I will probably order one of the Nordic extensions and see if it will work. Will post results regardless.

If anyone happens to own an MP153 and one of the shotguns I listed in the paragraph above could you advise if the magazine tube caps will interchange?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:09 pm 
Utility Grade

Magazine extensions available here:
http://www.gunariparts.com/index.php/el ... egory_id=2

Greece is the country if thats any good. Don't know if they export.

Bart

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:25 pm 
Limited Edition

The reason 870/1100 caps bind is because the OD of the Russian tube is slightly larger, like KJ said the thread pitch is the same, turn the OD of the threaded portion of your mag tube down .003-.010 (depending on the gun) then shorten the threaded portion about 1/8" and the nordic versamax extension will work fine, and your standard magazine cap will still thread on fine if you want to go back to a 5 shot. You'll either need to pull the tube and use a lathe or (like me) VERY carefully turn it down on a belt sander with a fine grit belt. Forget trying to use a file, the tubes are very hard stainless steel and are VERY resistant. But you must shorten the mag tube to just before the spring retainer holes or you'll have to jury rig a spacer so everything tightens down appropriately. These modifications are permanent obviously but does not prevent you from returning it to a 5 shot if you so choose.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:01 pm 
Field Grade

Watch this video. He says he uses a Nordic Components tube for a VersaMax.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDR2oYg3Ii8