Shotgun Forum banner

Baikal's New Autoloader MP-155

36K views 50 replies 12 participants last post by  Humpty Dumpty 
#1 ·
#8 ·
thanks brother your kind words always pampers me
hope everything is ok with you.
yes bro thats Baikal's Official webpage maybe you always visit EAA or Baikal Canada
hows life bro ?
did not see any new pics of your hunts
upload some pics
Regards

FullandFuller said:
Afzaal, good to see you. It has been a while since I saw you post.

I like the proposed improvements for the MP-155, particularly the trigger and better balance.

That is an interesting page. I've never been on that website and I did not know there was an MP153 Practical. http://imzcorp.com/en/company/96.html

Jeremiah

#12 ·
Sales in Russian shops began. Can't get to handle one, 'cause they get sold as soon as they are delivered to the shops :) Early owners' reports say the gun is fine overall, indeed lighter and better balanced. Only complaint so far has been that the barrel is too thin for slugs - gets heated up quickly and starts throwing slugs all over the paper (who ever buys this kind of shotgun as a slug gun anyway?).

#13 ·
Humpty Dumpty said:
Sales in Russian shops began. Can't get to handle one, 'cause they get sold as soon as they are delivered to the shops :) Early owners' reports say the gun is fine overall, indeed lighter and better balanced. Only complaint so far has been that the barrel is too thin for slugs - gets heated up quickly and starts throwing slugs all over the paper (who ever buys this kind of shotgun as a slug gun anyway?).
Thinner barrel, huh? That's one think that the Russian had going on, compared to the spaghetti guns - seemingly stronger and harder barrel (I have no scientific evidence of it, just observation of a couple bent barrels).
And you'd be surprised (I know I was) how many people (especially in Eastern Europe) consider this shotgun for pig hunting. Makes no sense to me whatsoever...

#15 ·
Humpty Dumpty said:
what is the price in Russian Market ?

#18 ·
Humpty Dumpty said:
If I'm not mistaken, the factory price is RuR 16700 (appr. U$D 514), but the stores charge up to 25 000 (appr. $ 770) and they still go off as soon as they hit the shelves.
ok Bro and what is MP-153 price in your local Market ?

i am just calculating to have rough idea...

#20 ·
Humpty Dumpty said:
The factory price is about the same. Outside Russia, my guess is MP 155 will cost as much as MP 153 initially, at worst 10% more. The price may go up if there is demand, but later.
thanks Sir for answering all of my queries

Regards

#23 ·
First customers reviews appeared.

It is light. Actual guns tip the scales at around 3 - 3.1 kg. (6 3/4 lb)

It appears to be better made than MP 153. Patterns better too.

It doesn't cycle 28 gr. SC loads without breaking in.

Bad news is that apparently IzhMech is planning to replace MP 153 with MP 155, rather than running the guns side by side. While 153, IMO, is a log, I see a place for a 8-lb gas semi, for shooting heavy loads from the blind.

#24 ·
Thanks for the info HD. I intend to buy an MP-155 as soon as they get here (my contact at Baikal Canada told me that they are expecting it later this year).
In case the MP-153 is discontinued, I will keep the old log for goose hunts and use the new fella for all around hunting/shooting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.