It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Easy 10$ 20minute improvement to closing SPR310x
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:48 pm 
Tournament Grade

12GAUGE-PAKGUNS wrote:
@Wee Hooker

will the manual safety still work after you cut the metal bar?

Regards.

yes bro manual safety would still work.

12Ga enthusiast...

Post subject: Re: Easy 10$ 20minute improvement to closing SPR310x
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:18 pm 
Crown Grade

Patrick Randall wrote:
If your IZH-27 or SPR310 is like mine was, you need quite a bit of strength when closing the gun to overcome the ejector/extractor springs once the lugs on the extractors (2 & 3) engage the slots on the inside of the receiver. I didn't particularly mind this except the force required to overcome was causing the gun to close quite hard. I don't know if that's a good thing or not long term. After this 20minute mod it is soooo much easier to close.

I know this is an old, old thread, but still, it's incredibly useful. I just fixed up a friend's IZH, and it's MUCH better now. Thanks to Pat and all who contributed!

Yours,
Dave

http://www.thesunontheweb.com
http://www.thegunowner.com