It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Christmas hunt
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:41 pm 
Tournament Grade

A few pics from our Christmas hunt here in South Texas.

ImageImageImageImage

Post subject: Re: Christmas hunt
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:47 pm 
Field Grade

Awesome pictures! How'd we miss seeing those birds in North Texas?!!! Congrats!

Post subject: Re: Christmas hunt
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:33 pm 
Tournament Grade

Coach Gun wrote:
Awesome pictures! How'd we miss seeing those birds in North Texas?!!! Congrats!

I'd be willing to wager it's because the duck hunting in North Texas, at least for myself, has always been much more hit or miss and definitely lower in numbers than it is in South Texas. I lived in the Dallas area for the better part of the last ten years and I have hunted the area along with coming home down south around the holidays and it's a night and day difference every time. I enjoy the change in scenery as North Texas tends to have some more wooded hunting a definitely more ponds, but you just can't beat the wide open rice fields and coastal areas along the southern coast of Texas.