It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Trulock Boar Blaster
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:02 pm 
Field Grade

Hey everyone! I found Randy Wakeman's video of the Trulock Boar Blaster choke tube. From what i have seen It seems to be a real winner. Have ya'll had good results with this choke And does federals flitecontrol wad do well with it? Thanks everyone!

Post subject: Re: Trulock Boar Blaster
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:21 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

The Boar Blaster was invented by Scott Trulock. Using a Flite Control wad with it is a waste: standard wads deposit less fouling.

Federal is aware of the Flite Control issues and has redesigned it as the "Flight Control Flex Wad."

http://randywakeman.com

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:05 pm 
Field Grade

Thank you so much for the reply Mr. Wakeman. You helped me greatly sinced a got on the forum. I plan to get this choke soon and am hoping for great results for this upcoming deer season. I researched federal's "Black Cloud" and didnt see any with 00 or 000 buckshot.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:58 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

No, and you probably won't for a while.

The Boar Blaster choke works with 00 and 000 buckshot only. A conventional Flite Control wad doesn't get you anywhere, except more fouling buildup in the choke tube.

The std. 8 or 9 pellet loads work as well as anything: https://images.remington-catalog.com/573cd34dd5f36

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:14 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

Mattj4866,

Here is another Boar Blaster video from the Trulock channel. In this video, a Remington 3" conventional 15 pellet load and a Federal 3" twelve pellet Flite-Control load show how versatile the Boar Blaster choke is in delivering tight patterns with differing wad designs. Apparently, the step-choke constriction system used in the Boar Blaster choke is also capable of producing outstanding pattern test results with the original Flite-Control wad and 00B at 40 yards.

Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb2U0M44FnI

Last edited by RMc on Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:42 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

[quote="RandyWakeman"]The Boar Blaster was invented by Scott Trulock. Using a Flite Control wad with it is a waste: standard wads deposit less fouling.

Federal is aware of the Flite Control issues and has redesigned it as the "Flight Control Flex Wad." ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Randy,

Yes, the original Flite-Control Wad design is known to be incompatible with Ported Choke Tube designs. However, since the Boar Blaster Choke Tube is not ported, I believe you may have confused the Trulock Boar Blaster with a ported choke design.

Given the popularity of ported choke tubes, the new Flite Control Flex Wad, introduced in the Black Cloud product line, may indeed portend changes ahead for the entire Flite-Control product line.

The American Hunter article linked below provides some interesting details about this new Flite Control Flex design:

https://www.americanhunter.org/articles ... ll-chokes/

Last edited by RMc on Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:11 pm 
Field Grade

flight control wads work best with no choke at all.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:19 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

351 power wrote:
flight control wads work best with no choke at all.

Yes, the revolutionary Flite-Control wad, placed "tight pattern" in the same sentence with Cylinder bore. However, that does not rule out the possibility of tight patterns when Flite-Control Wads are used in choke bore guns as shown in these links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb2U0M44FnI

http://www.theboxotruth.com/educational ... oke-tubes/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:59 pm 
Field Grade

that first one was very good. I would have liked to see the federal shell tried with open choke in that gun for comparison but regardless, I would love to own that gun/choke setup. I think the second one, box of truth, does show that there was no gain in his gun to use more choke. my gun shoots the federal fcw loads best with less choke. but you truly can't tell without some testing. I have a 20ga that shoots great patterns at 50yds with rem 2 3/4" buckshot thru a Carlson turkey tube. it took lots of trying to find that combo but what a nice varmint setup. I just might have to look at the trulock tube now, I can't resist a bit of r&d.
If you get a chance look up Brobee223 on youtube. he has done some good testing of the federal fcw loads, hornady, and others.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:57 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

RMc wrote:
RandyWakeman wrote:
The Boar Blaster was invented by Scott Trulock. Using a Flite Control wad with it is a waste: standard wads deposit less fouling.

Federal is aware of the Flite Control issues and has redesigned it as the "Flight Control Flex Wad." ]

Randy,

Yes, the original Flite-Control Wad design is known to be incompatible with Ported Choke Tube designs. However, since the Boar Blaster Choke Tube is not ported, I believe you may have confused the Trulock Boar Blaster with a ported choke design.

No, not at all. They (orig. FC Wad) leave a lot of fouling and you are better off with a more conventional wad with Boar Blaster chokes. That isn't to suggest they don't work, but the fouling is a problem. I discussed it in person with both Federal and the Trulock family in Las Vegas.

From the left: Jerrod Trulock, Scott Trulock, and George Trulock.

Feel free to try what you will and report your results.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:48 am 
Field Grade

So has the fcw changed it's design in both the black cloud and the buckshot loads? Or in all the upland loads too? I have some of the original loads but have not been aware of the new design wads. So if I get the new style loads will try the choke tube too. Has anyone done any testing on length of barrel? I have used a 28" barrel so far.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:27 am 
Field Grade

Upon re-reading this topic I see that Mr wakeman states that the buckshot loads from federal will take some time to change over, if I'm following correctly. And buddy testing the new choke actually had what looked like a 28" barrel. This is very interesting. And a great time of yr to try some stuff

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:30 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

RandyWakeman wrote:
RMc wrote:
RandyWakeman wrote:

Randy,

No, not at all. They (orig. FC Wad) leave a lot of fouling and you are better off with a more conventional wad with Boar Blaster chokes. That isn't to suggest they don't work, but the fouling is a problem. I discussed it in person with both Federal and the Trulock family in Las Vegas.

From the left: Jerrod Trulock, Scott Trulock, and George Trulock.

Feel free to try what you will and report your results.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am glad you clarified that.

Will you have an evaluation of the Trulock Boar Blaster Choke on Randy Wakeman Outdoors any time soon?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:32 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

RMc wrote:
Will you have an evaluation of the Trulock Boar Blaster Choke on Randy Wakeman Outdoors any time soon?

There is a quite a backlog of other items, so a definite maybe.

Quote:
Trulock Guarantee

Lifetime Warranty/Satisfaction Guarantee

All Trulock Chokes carry a lifetime warranty. If our choke fails for any reason, return it to us and it will be replaced at no charge. Replacement of the choke tube is the total extent of our warranty, with the exception that if for any reason you are not satisfied with our product within 60 days from the date of purchase it can be returned to us for exchange or refund of the purchase price...

The management and employees at Trulock’s try to make the best choke tubes at a reasonable price. If you find anything about our products that displeases you, please let us know.

George Trulock, President

The beauty of a Trulock choke is that it does what you want it to do, or you get a full refund. A full refund "for any reason you are not satisfied" is hard to beat. You're never, ever stuck with a choke tube you don't like with a Trulock, even if you just ordered what you didn't want in the first place, or ordered incorrectly.

"This new choke has a completely new kind of forcing cone which is different from anything we have made in the past. It consists of 5 parallel steps leading into the parallel section and gives tighter patterns with every brand of 00/000 buckshot shell we have tested. Typically we got about a 20% tighter pattern at 40 yards. These chokes will be available in most popular designs."

If you are not satisfied, you get your money back. There is no risk with a Trulock choke tube, ever. With the Boar Blaster, in Remchoke for example, it is a $55.99 tube. You receive a free case if your order is over $99.99 and receive free shipping if your order is over $119.99 (Domestic orders only). If you order 3 or more choke tubes you will be given a 10% discount. In addition, Trulock also offers a 5% discount to all NRA members and active and retired military.

If 20% better patterns with 00 and 000 Buckshot is what you are looking for, just buy one. It is a risk-free purchase. Scott Trulock has already done all the patterning work for you, but if you need more info, just call Trulock toll-free @ 1-800-293-9402.