ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Felt like I was being watched in the deer woods...
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:23 pm 
Diamond Grade

I walked into my spot to sit about 20 minutes before daylight. As I got there, I could hear something clawing its way up a tree just behind me. Then it got quiet. at about 8:30, I could hear the clawing coming down the tree.

Here's the responsible party, trying to peek around the tree at me:

Attachment:
DSCF0199.jpg

:lol:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Felt like I was being watched in the deer woods...
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:59 pm 
Diamond Grade

Porcupine?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:04 pm 
Limited Edition

EricB wrote:
Porcupine?

Either that or a grey squirrel with a static problem bad hair day.

tp

12/26" Franchi Affinity 3
12/26" ATI Cavalry (waiting 2 months now for a frikkin' firing pin)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:17 pm 
Diamond Grade

A young porcupine... with a static problem.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:02 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Sasquatch for sure.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:32 am 
Tournament Grade

Great photo! Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:51 am 
Crown Grade

So very much to see in the woods if we just take the time to sit quietly and look. A lot of guys that turkey hunt use a " run and gun " style. I`m not knocking it, to each his own. That picture, though, illustrates what I personally get out of sitting quietly in the Spring woods. I could just sit for hours and watch what goes on about me in God`s woods.

Oh, and by the way, I`ve been a reasonably successful turkey hunter to boot, at least as far as I`m concerned!

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:43 pm 
Diamond Grade

gomerdog wrote:

Thank you! I'm glad you like it. I wish I had been carrying a better camera. I bought an older Nikon DSLR with the intention of taking it with me in the woods during hunting season, but it was in the car!

Tidefanatic wrote:
So very much to see in the woods if we just take the time to sit quietly and look. A lot of guys that turkey hunt use a " run and gun " style. I`m not knocking it, to each his own. That picture, though, illustrates what I personally get out of sitting quietly in the Spring woods. I could just sit for hours and watch what goes on about me in God`s woods.

I have a friend who was an avid hunter and loves the outdoors and nature in general. He eventually gave up hunting to please his wife. His wife passed away about a year ago and he's always asking me about how my hunting seasons are going.

I just told him last night that he should be hunting again because it's the best excuse in the world to get out in the woods in the pre-dawn dark and then watch the sun come up and the woods come alive. He's one of those type people that most appreciates seeing it.

Hunters see things that most people will never see...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:31 pm 
Crown Grade

desmobob wrote:
gomerdog wrote:

Thank you! I'm glad you like it. I wish I had been carrying a better camera. I bought an older Nikon DSLR with the intention of taking it with me in the woods during hunting season, but it was in the car!

Tidefanatic wrote:

I have a friend who was an avid hunter and loves the outdoors and nature in general. He eventually gave up hunting to please his wife. His wife passed away about a year ago and he's always asking me about how my hunting seasons are going.

I just told him last night that he should be hunting again because it's the best excuse in the world to get out in the woods in the pre-dawn dark and then watch the sun come up and the woods come alive. He's one of those type people that most appreciates seeing it.

Hunters see things that most people will never see...[/quote]

That`s for sure. For me, there`s no such thing as a " bad hunt". My buddy and I have a self-imposed one turkey/season/hunter limit on his almost 600 acres here in Georgia ( Georgia has a 3 bird limit ) Only four of us hunt it. If I`m priviledged to take one, I enjoy just going out afterwards without a gun the next morning and just talking with them.

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)