It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: beretta vittoria
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:00 pm 
Tournament Grade

has anybody here seen/shot one of these? I know its a 690 with a stock to fit women. it looks very close to the stock that is on the Syren Elos sporting my wife shoots and is about the same price. she likes my 686 trap wonder if she would like this.

Post subject: Re: beretta vittoria
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:33 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I haven't seen it, but it is amazing how many other brands the Syren stock is appearing on. I guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, especially since women are the biggest group of new shooters. MAJ

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:50 pm 
Tournament Grade

They look nice, just not sure I am all in on a 692. and again I am yet to see one in person.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:01 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Beretta apparently isn't too sure they chose the right stock dimensions, which are unavailable on their website.

Or, maybe Beretta Believes the "engraving" has so much appeal that buyers will overlook stock dimensions that do not fit well.

Author of "Stock Fitter's Bible, Second Edition," which explains the interrelationships between shooting form, stock dimensions and a shooter's size and shape http://www.amazon.com/Stock-Fitters-Bible-Second-Edition/dp/1451570384

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:13 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

As my grandmother said, "pretty is as pretty does." Rollin, really liked your book; still trying to pry my copy out of a friend's hands. Mary Ann

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:21 am 
Tournament Grade

Stock dimensions are 1 7/16" X 1 7/8" X 2 1/4", 13-7/8" LOP, semi-Monte Carlo stock w/ tighter radius pistol grip. Personally, I'd like to see the LOP even shorter, for the more diminutive shooters out there. It's easier to add LOP than shorten it.

Beretta has since updated their page to include the model descriptions: (http://www.beretta.com/en-us/690-field-i-vittoria-series/). I just think their website updates really lag behind their product offerings. For instance, they're calling it the "690 Vittoria Field," but Joel Etchen currently is advertising a 12ga/30" Sporting model, as well as a 20ga/28" Field model. Not sure if there's any real difference in design btwn the two.

USN 1989-98

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:07 am 
Field Grade

Maybe it's just me but the wood on that gun from the beretta website looks terrible. The grain is okay but the dull finish and dark stain... I'm not digging it. Price point is descent, but I guess you get what you pay for? I keep hearing that saying in my head "life is too short to shoot an ugly gun". May be true in this case. Engraving is descent.