ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Browning Citori Micro Midas 12ga -- Any input appreciated
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:41 pm 
Field Grade

I am thinking of surprising my love with this gun.
Anybody have experience with this platform?
Felt recoil , solid shooter??
Thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: Browning Citori Micro Midas 12ga -- Any input appreciate
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:17 pm 
Field Grade

Guess nobody has been willing to take one for the team on this one.

I decided to go with a Franchi Instinct L and get the stock cut down to size.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:52 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The length and pitch on the stock will need attention as will the height of the comb relative to the rib. All, of course, are dependent on the size and shape of your wife.

You would be well advised to visit a good stock fitter for the stock alterations. A good one would also advise your wife regarding the best shooting form (gun mount, stance and body/head/neck posture) to use and then fit the gun to that form.

Author of "Stock Fitter's Bible, Second Edition," which explains the interrelationships between shooting form, stock dimensions and a shooter's size and shape http://www.amazon.com/Stock-Fitters-Bible-Second-Edition/dp/1451570384

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:46 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I am actually going with the Caesar Guerini Tempio Syren. It is a 12 gauge made for women. It isn't a mans gun, painted pink. No cut stocks, no length and pitch changes (hopefully). Comes in O/U or semi auto. The bad part about this is I have not been able to try one. Reviews have been stellar so I am taking a chance.

Right now I am shooting a Beretta 682 gold that has been altered. I had a comb cut, cast off and had to add Mercury recoil reducer which makes it heavy. I am not a big person.

One 12 gauge you can get that is fully changeable is the Beretta 3901RL. You can change length of pull, cast and comb height. It is a semi auto and all around great gun.

I don't know anything about the gun you want to purchase, but I wouldn't surprise her with it. Maybe let her see it and shoulder it. If it needs to many alterations it might just be cheaper in the long run to find one that fits her better.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:26 pm 
Utility Grade

Rollin Oswald wrote:
The length and pitch on the stock will need attention as will the height of the comb relative to the rib. All, of course, are dependent on the size and shape of your wife.

You would be well advised to visit a good stock fitter for the stock alterations. A good one would also advise your wife regarding the best shooting form (gun mount, stance and body/head/neck posture) to use and then fit the gun to that form.

...What he said. Also, check out the Browning CX micro. The pitch and cast aren't "lady's" but the LOP is shortened and the comb is higher. You would do well to get an adjustable comb. I've(I'm Tom, looking with my wife, for my wife) been looking into the:
Browning CX Micro $1700,
SKB 90TSS $1700,
CZ Lady Sterling $1400,
CG Tempio $3700,
Syren Elos $2500.

So far, we've only been able to handle the CG and Elos.
The Elos is too heavy with those 30" barrels and it has no adjustable comb.
The CG is a really NICE firearm, but it's pricey. We didn't like the action at all on the one we handled! It felt "crunchy" and sticky(like a Stoeger we once had). It feels like you're damaging it opening/closing. The CG is nicely appointed(bling), balanced and has a raised(semi-monte carlo) and adj. comb.

SKB and CZ don't compare with CG, but owners seem to like them on the forums. They seem to make a nice first gun, especially for the money. I especially like the Monte Carlo stocks and corrected pitch. The SKB has lengthened cones and choice of cast too.

I don't appreciate these bone head salesmen and fitters who insist on forcing females into their non-fitting shelf stock! There ARE choices out there . . .

As for the 3901, I have one. It's a great gun for young, growing shooters because you can make it really small and incrementally grow it with the child.
Personally, I would NOT recommend it for an adult/lady. Why? First off, the components are cheesy plastic and don't hold up under use. The adjustable comb will work loose and you'll be constantly playing with it between stations . . . if it doesn't fall off the gun completely! The shims used to build up the butt look terrible when you stack a few in there. Again the hardware is annoying. The long bolt which holds the stock fast to the action will come loose and require attention.
Second, it will never have that built-for-her custom look. It's more of a "bride-of-frankenstein" look IMHO.
Still, the gun has cast, comb, drop, and LOP adjustments.
The action is reliable (Beretta) and will last forever.

TomJV