ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SYREN - Firearms for Women
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:01 am 
Field Grade

SYREN, the first brand of firearms for women only.

Caesar Guerini USA and Fabarm USA, announce a collaborative venture to create the first ever brand of shotgun and accessories dedicated to female shooters, SYREN USA. The Line features over-and-under and semi-automatic shotguns designed for ladies with an emphasis on weight, recoil reduction, stock dimensions, and esthetics.

Visit our website - http://www.syrenusa.com

Like us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/syrenusa

SYREN
Firearms for Women... No More Compromises

Post subject: Re: SYREN - Firearms for Women
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:03 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Finally! Got mine today. I love this shotgun. It just feels right from the get go. I have a long neck and thinner face so a Beretta gel pad was needed. But just the 1/8" gel pad. The LOP is right for me, it is cast perfectly and I can actually reach the forearm!

Don't hesitate! It is worth every penny.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:11 pm 
Limited Edition

I see it's based on the Tempio, which I own. A lovely gun.

Even though I am a 6' 6", 275-pound weight lifter, the Lady Smith is one of my all-time favorite handguns.

Maybe this new Tempio Sporting is right up my alley???? LOL

Have fun with your new gun!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:21 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Thanks neangler! I intend to love it to death. It was a joy to shoot.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:56 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Congratulations savannah!! I know you've been waiting impatiently!

So glad it's all you hoped for. Good luck with it and safe shooting.

PM or contact [email protected] for details

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:56 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Thanks Trapperjohn01. Impatiently? LOL. You don't know me......... Ok maybe you do.

I am really happy to have a gun that I don't need to butcher before I shoot it. I do wish the over under Syren had an adjustable comb, but that is an easy fix with the Beretta gel pad. Other than that, Guerini got it right, in my opinion. I have never taken a gun off the shelf and shot it beautifully. This gun fit me. I will let any woman who wants to give it a try, shoot it. It will be a pleasure to see women shooting well with a gun that fits. Yes, we are all built differently, but this is a start of something great for women shooters.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:11 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Savannah - LOL! My comment regarding your patience was based on the posts you made, almost counting downs the weeks - I just read between the lines.

I'm thinking the Syrens might fit me better as well. I'd just have to find an appropriate meaning for the rose motif for a guy.

PM or contact [email protected] for details

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:23 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Ok, your reading between the lines was spot on.......

Real men wear pink and real men shoot guns with roses??????????

My son actually shot my gun very well. We are built very differently, but for whatever reason he and I have similar gun fit. I definitely think this gun would work well for some men. My son is six foot, 215 pounds and built like a brick........ Well you get it. The gun fits him quite well. I am 5'6", less than 130 pounds and long neck. Go figure, right?

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 12:54 am 
Utility Grade

I'm by no means an expert so could somebody explain to me how this is a firearm for women? I personally like the look of them and would have no qualms shooting one if i could afford the 2k price tag. So far all i can tell is its made by a company run by women which is pretty cool in my book

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:57 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

thebeardedrebel wrote:
I'm by no means an expert so could somebody explain to me how this is a firearm for women? I personally like the look of them and would have no qualms shooting one if i could afford the 2k price tag. So far all i can tell is its made by a company run by women which is pretty cool in my book

Consider going on the website and reading the info as to how the gun is proportioned or read some of the numerous online articles about the guns. While the president of Syren is a woman, It is made by a little company called Caesar Guerini/Fabarms.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:02 am 
Tournament Grade

thebeardedrebel wrote:

Hello. There are some great articles on the website's news section that might be able to explain it. Definitely worth checking out. http://syrenusa.com/syren-news/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:17 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Great link and lots of good information for women that would like a gun that fits. I have to say that the Syren hits the mark for me. The only mistake, in my view, was not making the stock on the O/U Syren, have an adjustable comb. For many women, the Monte Carlo stock does not raise the comb high enough. I had an adjustable comb cut and added five spacers for a fit on the stock.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:47 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Hey Savannah, how was Alaska? MAJ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:06 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Alaska was and is amazing. We drove through Wasilla and stopped in at Grouse Ridge. Glen was setting targets for a shoot that weekend and we spent the afternoon shooting sporting clays. We left for Denali at about 6:00 pm and got to Denali about 9:30 pm. Loved that we had plenty of daylight. Glen kept my baby Syren for me while we were in Denali so of course we had to go back to get her and we spent all day at the club. Met a lady named Dana who was also shooting a Syren. She gave me some B&P shells to try and they were amazing. I bought some from Cabellas when I got home.

Alaska is beautiful and so low key. We enjoyed Denali, played some disc golf at Alyeska and watched the salmon run to the south of Alyeska. There was a bear feasting on the salmon in the river. We saw a Grizzly bear in Denali. He was enjoying a meal of moose calf. My guess is a wolf or some other predator caught the calf and the bear moved in. We took the eight hour drive into Denali and it was beautiful and exhausting.

I would definitely go back again. I loved Girdwood and Alyeska area.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:40 pm 
Tournament Grade

Savannah wrote:
Great link and lots of good information for women that would like a gun that fits. I have to say that the Syren hits the mark for me. The only mistake, in my view, was not making the stock on the O/U Syren, have an adjustable comb. For many women, the Monte Carlo stock does not raise the comb high enough. I had an adjustable comb cut and added five spacers for a fit on the stock.

Savannah, I understand Syren had a new Tempio Trap model they unveiled at the Grand American Trap shoot in Sparta, IL that has an adjustable comb. They must have listened to your suggestion :wink: It'll probably be awhile before it's available it was just a prototype but thought I'd let you know.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:51 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Interesting.......I can't wait to see what they come up with.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:51 pm 
Tournament Grade

Anybody have a Syren ELOS sporting yet? I was looking at one for my wife but am unable to find one close to me. and not sure about buying it sight unseen. I know it is based on the fabarm elos just worry about fit.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:09 pm 
Field Grade

They all seem too heavy.

Are they going to come up with some light 28 gauge guns?

I might be interested.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:46 am 
Tournament Grade

Logos curious as to the weight comment?

Are you referring to the semi-autos or over/unders? The semi will inherently be heavier. More components. Since you mentioned 28 gauge I'm guessing you are looking for a field gun to go upland hunting? Have you taken a look at the "Light" models?

Syren Tempio Light - Only 5 pounds 5oz in 28ga with 28" barrels.
https://syrenusa.com/syren-tempio-light/

Syren Elos Venti Light - 5 pounds 11oz in 28ga with 28" barrels.
https://syrenusa.com/syren-elos-venti-light/

Both of these seem to fit what you're looking for. The Elos is promoted as both a field gun and sporting clays gun since it has the more aggressive "pistol grip" like you see on clays guns but light weight for the field as well. The Tempio Light has the rounded grip so it's more of a traditional looking field gun. Also more expensive for the deluxe grade of wood, lifetime warranty (CG), and fancier detailed engraving with gold inlays.

Hope that helps?