ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Got my wife a Syren - Mama is a happy gal & I gotta brag!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:38 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Surprised my wife with a new Syren yesterday when we went for a round of Sporting Clays and the only one happier than her is me (you know - what goes around, comes around :wink:). I really think we've finally found the right gun for her small 4'-11" frame - and we've been through several many cut-downs and youth models to get here. I couldn't find one close to us to check out in person but I've heard so many good things here that I took a leap of faith and ordered out of state. Turned out to be a great experience and I happily met a guy who spent a great deal of time over several phone calls with me to insure our satisfaction. I want to give props to August @ August Crocker Guns for helping me make the deal work out and getting the gun to my FFL guy so quickly. I got her the ELOS Venti Light that's manufactured at the Fabarm plant over some of the more detailed models made at the CG plant but she couldn't be happier. CG, Fabarm and Syren really hit it out of the park with these guns. Well done!

Don't Die Wondering!

Post subject: Re: Got my wife a Syren - Mama is a happy gal & I gotta brag
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:12 pm 
Tournament Grade

Good for you ClayDaddy. Now you have a happy shooting partner. Now watch her scores go up and yours go down. :lol:

I see so, so many wives and girl friends struggle shooting SG that do not fit. It is very painful watching that.

I shot a round of trap and this guys wife missed all 25. I sat out the next round to watch she missed all 25 again. Not only did she miss, she got beat up at the same time.

I offered for her to use one of my SG, but they declined.

Great to hear when someone like ClayDaddy does the great thing for his partner.

Steve

Post subject: Re: Got my wife a Syren - Mama is a happy gal & I gotta brag
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:40 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I'll give you odds that she is cross dominant and shooting right-handed with a left dominant eye.

Author of "Stock Fitter's Bible, Second Edition," which explains the interrelationships between shooting form, stock dimensions and a shooter's size and shape http://www.amazon.com/Stock-Fitters-Bible-Second-Edition/dp/1451570384