It is currently Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Low cost lady specific shotguns
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:33 pm 
Field Grade

What options are out there for lady specific shotguns in a light 20 ga?
My wife is pretty small, so far we jave her shooting an 870 youth 20ga and we still had to shorten the lop and pit a nice recoil pad on it for her. Its not perfect for fit as you can imagine but i really didnt see much out there for options. The syren stuff looks very nice but is way above what i would be willing to spend. The affinity catalyst is only available in a 12 ga. Am i missing any options or are the choices really this limited?

Post subject: Re: Low cost lady specific shotguns
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:59 am 
Crown Grade

The Browning Silver Micro Midas might be a good choice in 20 gauge.

Great gun, soft shooter, with some careful shopping can be found for around $1000.

Or a Winchester SX3, or a Remington 1100 Sporting in 20 gauge.

Post subject: Re: Low cost lady specific shotguns
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:58 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I bought, through Bud's Gun, a TriStar Viper two stock Youth Model for a great price. (He sells these type guns at around Straight Wholesale). My primary reason was so that my daughter could shoot with it. It has a shorter barrel and stock as a youth model, but includes an additional full size butt stock along with a barrel extension, which is like a choke as it screws into the barrel like a choke, extends the barrel 2 inches or so longer and then allows a choke tube to be screwed into it. With an extended choke and the extension, I can use the gun as a lender or a rain gun as the stock is synthetic in addition to being an inexpensive gun.

Bob