It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Post subject: Hearing protection for hearing impairedPostPo
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:41 am 
Tournament Grade

My wife enjoys shooting clays with me but she wears hearing aids in both ears and removes them and replaces them with standrd eqarplugs. She has good high quality aids and ill check with her hearing ai9d provider to see if they are sudden noise cancelling.(i think they are)
any suggestions on muffs (low profile) etc. that may allow her to keep the aids in?
Thanks

Post subject: Re: Post subject: Hearing protection for hearing impairedPos
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:23 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I also wear hearing aids. I got electronic suppressors hearing protection which also act as amplifiers for regular speech like a hearing aid. Mine fit in the ear and are made by Magnum, they are also made by EAR. Pricey, but I've been using the same set for six years so it balances out. I discovered that Costco does hearing aids for about half of what a stand alone audiologist does, so my next sets of hearing aids and suppressors will be from Costco. MAJ