ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ladies In Maryland
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:46 am 
Utility Grade

My wife is relatively new to shooting and would like to find other women to shoot with.

Places where frequent

Orvis Hill Country
PG trap and skeet
Bull Run

Post subject: Re: Ladies In Maryland
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:36 pm 
Utility Grade

Hi there...just now seeing this, but I'm a pretty new shooter (and a lady! Most of the time anyway) in the DC area. Would love to have some women shooting friends, as my current shooting buddy has a new girlfriend and apparently cannot bear to leave her side on weekends any longer. I mostly shoot at PG and Bull Run and only on weekends due to work commitments, but would be happy to have some new friends to shoot with.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:36 pm 
Utility Grade

If you are already going to Bull Run, you should also try some of the shotgun activities at Fairfax Rod and Gun Club, which is about 5 miles from Bull Run or IWLA which is also in the area.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:14 pm 
Presentation Grade

Look up GRiTS.....it’s a Woman’s sporting clays organization that started in Richmond, but has chapters over the east coast.

https://www.facebook.com/GRITS-Girls-Re ... 159069221/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:29 pm 
Field Grade

My wife and I shot in the Orvis Hill Country fun shoot Sunday (4/7) and there were quite a few females. Yes, the GRITS were there. Several of the female shooters placed across all the classifications. We shot with a couple from the Philly area and the wife placed in one of the classes Syren was there with guns for testing. They have another women’s event sponsored by Syren in May.

We also shoot in Carlisle PA and there are some women that shoot there, usually with spouses.

We are fairly new but it is great to see more women on the course. Many guys I work with are jealous that my wife has taken an interest in shooting which makes getting on the course easier.

OJ