It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Helpful Skeet Shooting Videos
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:35 am 
Limited Edition

lablover1 wrote:
I could post my video of me shooting, but you did specify HELPFUL videos. :roll:

Actually, I was able to spot several foot position problems on multiple stations, that in spite of shooting a 24 on the video.

My solution was to watch the video on the problem stations and the foot position used, then go to the range and modify what I saw in the video. It did work, although not the first time, so keep trying.

I generally follow Tod Benders and Paul Giambrone's suggestions on hold points (1/3 of the way from the house to the center state) and look points, which slightly vary per station.; and I've modified to suit my style.

Don't get frustrated, and keep modifying until you find your spot. It's all about having fun.

Hoe could you not love that guy! When i was stationed in Germany we had skeet ranges at the Rod and Gun clubs. I shot quite a bit but the best I ever did was a 24. Shot a field 20ga gun with M?F chokes. Otherwise I'm sure I'd have done 25 regularly. :roll: I recall at one rod and gun club a shooter that shot a pump gun, I don';t remember which; shoot, that was about 1968! Anyway when he shot doubles he'd shoot the first one, jack out the MTY and at the same time reach up with his right hand and catch the MTY coming out and drop it in a pouch on his belt and at the same time be loading the next shell and then get his shooting hand back and break the second! Amazing to watch but I think he was just a show off. Guy never missed!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:32 am 
Utility Grade

shotgunworld wrote:
Post any Skeet shooting videos that you think would be helpful.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:04 pm 
Utility Grade

Here's a Helpful Skeet Video that demonstrates which hand clay thrower is best! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAhYCMJ44hE

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:49 pm 
Field Grade

Bododio wrote:
YouTube has quite a large number of skeet related videos. I've been enjoying the ones by Chris Batha, aka ClayCoachOnline. He has a video for each of the 8 stations. Here's the Station 1 video. From it you should be able to see the link to the Station 2 video, then Station 3, and so on.

Keep in mind that as I write this, I know exactly nothing about it. So what might seem "old hat" to you, is very new and interesting to someone like me. :D

Thanks for the link on the Clay Coach Online videos. Here is the Skeet playlist so you can watch them all in order: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q66ZmmwB3Yo&list=PL441DA01D2404EE9C

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:47 pm 
Presentation Grade

Chris Batha is an excellent gun fitter (trained by Holland & Holland no less) and sporting clays coach and shooter.

These Skeet videos illustrate the fact that Chris is not a competitive Skeet shooter and probably also not coaching anyone for serious registered shooting.

IMHO, he is Just trying to give the average guy on YouTube some pointers.

Not disrespecting the guy at all as he is great on the sporting clays end, but there are better videos to watch for the competitive Skeet shooter.