ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How Much Do You Shoot?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:51 pm 
Tournament Grade

I'd read somewhere that Vincent Hancock shoots five days a week, 250 rounds a day, an approximated 60,000 rounds a year to stay in good form. I shoot a quarter of that, maybe, to try and improve. How much do you shoot?

Post subject: Re: How Much Do You Shoot?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:19 pm 
Diamond Grade

These days I only shoot for fun and as an excuse to hang out with like-minded people. That said, in a typical week I will shoot 150 targets at skeet and 75 targets at trap. On occasion, I will do some sporting clays and maybe once a week will shoot rifles or pistols. I'm retired and spending a day at the range is my idea of fun and it's all just for fun; no more competing for me. I'm comfortable with my skill level with all types of firearms.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:32 am 
Limited Edition

I shoot two days a week, 125 each day for 250 total. The last 25 each day are doubles from 3,4,and 5

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:02 am 
Presentation Grade

At this point I get between 300-400 per week - that's way up from where I was just a few months ago. I'm not sure I'll be able to sustain it, and I wish I had time for more. I joined another club that should give me access to more practice time with my auto-puller, but it's the job travel that takes me out of the mix. I simply have to accept that I can't shoot like the "pros" shoot and it will be a while before I do. I'm focused on making the most of the time I do have - I like to have a plan when I show up at the club.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:10 am 
Crown Grade

On a good week 125 rounds at skeet and 50 with the pistol.
With my emphysema, the weather can really slow me down.

K80 Pro Sporter
Clay Delay Rep

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:44 am 
Presentation Grade

Generally, 200 skeet targets/week plus what other odd bits of shooting I do.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:58 am 
Crown Grade

1,000 a month. Next year planning on 2,000 a month. I will never reach Vincent Hancock or Kim Rhode volume. They shoot like it is their job. Oh wait, it is their job!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:28 pm 
Field Grade

Not near as much as I would like. I shoot 250-300 per week and would love to be double or triple that. With the Clay Delay it sure makes it easy as I do not have to have a partner to shoot.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:34 pm 
Limited Edition

Not as much as I would like to shoot. I try to shoot trap at least once a week.Sporting clays , about once or twice a month. 100 rounds for trap, 100 rounds for sp. That's each time out.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:02 pm 
Tournament Grade

Shooting is a lot like sex. No such thing as enough.

s/f Steve

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:01 pm 
Diamond Grade

Sporting Fan wrote:

s/f Steve

but - - - I've never had a trapper say, "Not today, I have a headache."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:05 pm 
Presentation Grade

twohigh wrote:
Sporting Fan wrote:

s/f Steve

but - - - I've never had a trapper say, "Not today, I have a headache."

Then again, I've never had my wife yell "LOST!"....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:37 pm 
Presentation Grade

As much as I can find the time to shoot!

TSSA Life Member
NRA Life Member
Ducks Unlimited
Trout Unlimited

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:09 pm 
Tournament Grade

About a flat a week for me on average with two flats over a long weekend. I wish it were more but time and money and all that.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:02 am 
Diamond Grade

Frankly, I am not Vincent Hancock/Todd Bender/Reverend Fleetwood DeVille or anybody else famous, or notorious and, thus, nobody really cares how much I shoot. I am a nobody in the world of skeet and how much I shoot matters not to anyone on the planet except my wife, who always points out how much my shooting costs.
But, you asked...…….

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:43 am 
Limited Edition

I don't shoot any shotgun these days but I used to. These days I shoot my rubber band rifle. At flies. Great fun. I made it myself. The only limitation is if the office supply store that sells the rubber bands is out. After killing five or six flies the rubber bands get pretty disgusting. I tried washing them in the dishwasher but the storm and strife said no can do. It's her dishwasher. So I use a new rubber band every fourth or fifth fly.

I tried bleach, I tried gasoline, WD-40. None of those was good for the rubber bands. Wife said stay out of her kitchen with the groady rubber bands.

I like my dinners cooked so I comply.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:41 am 
Crown Grade

falcondriver6 wrote:
I don't shoot any shotgun these days but I used to. These days I shoot my rubber band rifle. At flies. Great fun. I made it myself. The only limitation is if the office supply store that sells the rubber bands is out. After killing five or six flies the rubber bands get pretty disgusting. I tried washing them in the dishwasher but the storm and strife said no can do. It's her dishwasher. So I use a new rubber band every fourth or fifth fly.

I tried bleach, I tried gasoline, WD-40. None of those was good for the rubber bands. Wife said stay out of her kitchen with the groady rubber bands.

What size rubber bands? Whats the FPS? Choke?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:12 am 
Presentation Grade

falcondriver6 wrote:

You need one of these....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:47 am 
Crown Grade

falcondriver6 wrote:

Just lick them clean.....protein you know.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:28 pm 
Crown Grade

Location: somewhere east of the I-95 corridor, until you get to connecticut. but you can bank on vanzant, mo..
95% less than i use to.

NRA Shotgun Instructor
Range Owner:
http://www.vanzantclaypigeonfarm.webs.com/