It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: AC Meeting any results?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:32 am 
Crown Grade

Rooster booster wrote:
You're right, making a call can't get you a thicker skin.

That's the best that you have, really? Because you think I can't handle it? How deep are the waters your trolling in today, or are you more of a shallow water guy?

NSCA#620844
Muller Mafia Fan&Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:35 am 
Tournament Grade

Have you seen what's going on at headquarters today. Pretty good marketing if you ask me. Actually, it's phenomenal!! Gary

No What?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:38 am 
Crown Grade

1redvette wrote:
Have you seen what's going on at headquarters today. Pretty good marketing if you ask me. Actually, it's phenomenal!! Gary

No, what's going on at headquarters?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:43 am 
Crown Grade

Here's what Google returned:

The REAL Difference Between Marketing & Advertising.

Advertising is just one component, or subset, of marketing. Public relations, media planning, product pricing and distribution, sales strategy, customer support, market research and community involvement are all parts of comprehensive marketing efforts

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:50 am 
Crown Grade

ysr_racer wrote:

Advertising is just one component, or subset, of marketing. Public relations, media planning, product pricing and distribution, sales strategy, customer support, market research and community involvement are all parts of comprehensive marketing efforts

This sums it up, marketing means hitting the target audience and then capitalizing on those. Whatever your thoughts are on the PSCA good or bad, it's marketing the game and the sport to other shooters and non shooters.

Hell I even had a co-worker come up to me this morning and ask me about sporting clays because he caught the show last night, and came to me because he heard from others in the office that I shoot.

He has a shotgun and hunts, and asked me to take him sometime to go shoot a fun round. That's the sort of thing we need, marketing to the outside shooters that aren't in the community and don't know.

He lives 15 minutes from a local clays course and when I named it to him and showed him, he had no idea it even existed.

NSCA#620844
Muller Mafia Fan&Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:17 am 
Crown Grade

ysr_racer wrote:

{hs#

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:23 am 
Crown Grade

ysr_racer wrote:
1redvette wrote:

{hs# My first reaction as well.

I certainly don't know about it. If NSSA-NSCA doesn't tell us, and they don't, how would we know? How would anyone, including the target market, know?

And if it was a really phenomenal, or even pretty good marketing, wouldn't we know? How good can it be if we don't know?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:30 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The state delegates are volunteers who do --not much-- but that's OK b/c they volunteer and don't get paid.

The AC is made up (mostly) of industry people who have a "trick pony" to sell. They , too , don't get paid , but they've taken the long view and think that NSCA is a long term goal for their trick ponies.

Clubs are charged a target tax but NSCA has no authority to force them to throw one NSCA target. Big shoots go to clubs w/ proven track records , and to new(er) clubs that have the backing of someone well known to NSCA.

Big shoot(s)--if everything goes right--can be a nice pay day for the club involved.

Clubs pass the target tax on to shooters.

Our prentice Tom may now refuse
To wipe his scoundrel master's shoes
For now he's free to sing and play
O'er the hills and far away.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:50 pm 
Tournament Grade

To all of the above. My dad used to tell me.

"Never have an argument with an idiot, a passerby may not be able to tell the difference".

You figure out who this applies to.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:06 pm 
Crown Grade

Whatsuuuup! wrote:

"Never have an argument with an idiot, a passerby may not be able to tell the difference".

My Dad use to tell me if you couldn't counter an argument to just call the other side idiots.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:15 pm 
Crown Grade

ShowMe wrote:
Whatsuuuup! wrote:

My Dad use to tell me if you couldn't counter an argument to just call the other side idiots.

My dad used to tell me, "son don't ever argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level, then beat with experience"

took me a bit to figure out what he meant, however I fully get the picture now.

NSCA#620844
Muller Mafia Fan&Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:57 pm 
Diamond Grade

ysr_racer wrote:
1redvette wrote:

You know. I honestly don't think you'd understand.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:37 pm 
Crown Grade

My old grandma told me, wish in one hand, and **** in the other, and see which one fills up first.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:41 pm 
Crown Grade

andromeda673 wrote:
ysr_racer wrote:

This sums it up, marketing means hitting the target audience and then capitalizing on those...

Target audience, I get it :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:05 am 
Crown Grade

Against my better judgement here goes: First identify your target audience. I think it's four groups, it might be more.

1. Hardcore NSCA members that shoot a lot

2. NSCA members that don't shoot a lot (me)

3. Hunters and sportsmen that aren't NSCA members

4. Non shooters

Groups 1 and 4 are the easiest, and need the least marketing.

Group 1, the NSCA already sends out a monthly email and a monthly magazine. Unfortunately the magazine sucks. It's too jumbled up with NSSA crap.

At least the email is broken down onto sections, so I can just skip the NSSA stuff. The only other thing the NSCA needs to do is send them an email listing the local events to them, or get their local clubs to do it. They already shoot a lot.

Group 4, I wouldn't spend too much time on them, very few people are going from non shooter to NSCA member. It's just not worth the resource for the small amount of return.

That leaves us with groups 2 and 3. That's where a sports marketing firm comes in. They're what they do, get people in the front door. Or that bake sale thing at the nationals. Who doesn't love homemade brownies?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:08 am 
Crown Grade

Notice nowhere above does it say anything about team management or fund raising (except for the bake sale, which was said in jest).

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:22 am 
Crown Grade

Quote:
My dad used to tell me, "son don't ever argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level, then beat with experience"

Give credit where credit is due (look at my sig line) :wink:

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:47 am 
Field Grade

Sera can you please explain how its mostly industry guys? Since its split between industry, range owner and shooters. Are you lumping range owners and industry together?

As far as "trick ponies" goes Ive been shooting this game since 91 and until recently, I have been just a shooter till I opened up a club. I know, I know be jealous of all the money we make throwing targets and the minimum work we put in for that return.

Myself as well as a lot of my fellow AC and EC members volunteer our time because we love this game. Love is the key term. 91' thats 10 years longer than you Sera and in that time Ive seen a lot of changes mostly good some not so well thought out but we have moved forward as an organization. However this game has grown working with the system of the AC. The first nationals I attend was 300 to 400 in the main now look at us!!

I dont get on this site very much because of normally how it degenerates rapidly into childish unfounded criticism. Unfortunately that is the nature of the internet forum and you all have you right to your opinion. I would like to point out and I apologize for being blunt, but nobody respects them or pays any mind to them in the real world outside of this forum.

I would like to say this and it will probably fall on deaf ears. I have a simple question to ask. If there are so many problems and criticisms of the NSCA and the answers and solutions are so readily available on this forum, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO IMROVE THIS GAME? If you care enough to make this post go to 5 pages please take the time to help in manner that will better our game.

I took on the AC position because I have a son that I want to be enjoying this game with. Just as I was introduced to it by my father who was a life long competition shooter. I had no trick pony in this game, my club is secondary to my love of breaking a clay.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:52 pm 
Diamond Grade

andromeda673 wrote:
Rooster booster wrote:
You're right, making a call can't get you a thicker skin.

That's the best that you have, really? Because you think I can't handle it? How deep are the waters your trolling in today, or are you more of a shallow water guy?

Trolling?......you're the one looking for 'gossip' online skippy, not me. Any adult would understand a member of the AC isn't going to discuss this online, so all you're left with is the gossip unless someone here actually witnessed it.

The AC/EC members are doing a fine job overall, and asking for details of dirty laundry online is indeed fishing a mud puddle. Is that better?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:39 pm 
Crown Grade

I'm not saying there are so many problems with the NSCA, it actually functions petty well. I'm just saying if nobody on the marketing committee is a marketing professional, my suggestion would be to hire one.

That's what I'm doing to help the organization. That's it, my one suggestion.

Just like we hire legal professionals, and tax professionals. That's all.

We all talk about growing the sport, that's how we grow it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next