ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: quail walk
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:25 pm 
Crown Grade

scotts_4x wrote:
what I'm hearing from people opposing this idea makes me want to liken this to hunting. if you were hunting and you saw another hunter enter the feild you would promptly open your breach and head for the hills? this is complete nonsense. if you are out in the feild do you run around after every shot and make sure all your buddies have fully and properly engaged their safties, and they are operating correctly? if I was this nervous about shooting, I would quit because it would drive me NUTS! JMO.

Scott,

I won't hunt with people I don't know and trust anymore either. I've been shot at enough times by accident now that I don't want the headache or the worry. 30 plus years of hunting experience has shown me there are idiots everywhere.

If some guy showed up on public land I was hunting on and insisted hunting with 100 yards of me, I would be out of there. Maybe that's why I hunt on private land with people I know and trust.

I don't like digging lead out of my own body...

Scott

-- Confucius

Post subject: Re: quail walk
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:52 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Anyone who's hunted dove in agricultural fields and never had shot rain down on him hasn't done much of that style of dove hunting.

Takes a lot of shooters to keep the birds moving around a big field and a little shot on your cap now and then is just part of the fun.

The ones who make me nervous are the city jerks who haul their rifles out of the closet once a year and head off with their buddies for a little drinkin' and deer huntin' -- and end up mostly drinkin'.

The rifles usually have never been sighted in from year to year and they probably couldn't hit a deer with them at 30 yards.

But they might hit me.