ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: First sporting clays trip
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:19 am 
Utility Grade

Hows it going everyone? I've just recently bought a shotgun and am getting to go to a sporting clays course for the first time when I head to the big city of Spokane for state basketball. Just wondering what to expect and what should I bring, i.e. any ideas of cost and how much ammunition I should bring? I've been practicing with my buddies alot with the hand tosser mostly, its pretty fun throwing ground skimmers and ones way up high and stuff, and i've been a pretty good shot then and hunting quails and rabbits, just wondering what to expect at the clays course.

Thanks
Mark

Post subject: Re: First sporting clays trip
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:34 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

There are at least two other threads on this page about the same thing, just scroll down and see how they fit your needs.

You should expect to have a good time, first/formost/and most importantly.

Don't be nervous, don't get caught up in what equipment you need. Bring eye/ear protection, 125 rounds in a WalMart/Or other sack, watch and learn why experienced shooters take the targets as they do.

It's a long and enjoyable trip, learning how to shoot Sporting. It's great to be anxious about the experience, but leave that attitude in the car. Enjoy it, and the rest will come.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:46 pm 
Tournament Grade

Bring 150 rounds - and planon a few hours. I have the most fun when I go with a group of 4 or 5 - more is too slow and less is missing the group dynamic which is so fun. When I get to a station that is too hard for me I ask for a prsentation change - like a report pair that is difficult - I will ask for just on bird at a time and take two shots at it. Its a good way to learn a presentation!

Have fun - Its real addictive.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:58 am 
Limited Edition

Go by Wal-Mart and get 2 of those value packs, 100 shells each. I think they're $14.94 a piece. Pick up a small can of Remoil and a Bob Allen shell pouch. Take at least 3 chokes if you have them, IC, MOD, and Full. Don't forget ear plugs and shooting glasses. Shoot where the clay is going and not where it's at. Have fun.