ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tinmouth in VT
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:58 am 
Field Grade

Hi

I went up to Manchester, VT this weekend with my wife and I went out to the Tinmouth Hunting Perserve. I shot 100 rounds of sporting clays and had a ton of fun. They have 14 stands and I hit anywhere from 50-60% of the birds. I had a tough time with birds coming to me. It was a little cold and windy however the sun was shining bright. This was my first time shooting an entire course. The guy pulling the birds was Rick and he was a great guide. I would recommend the course to anyone while they are vacationing in VT. They also release birds and I plan on heading back in the fall.

Cheers,

John

Post subject: Re: Tinmouth in VT
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:30 am 
Field Grade

That's interesting. The first time I ever shot sporting clays was at Tinmouth as well, just a few years ago. There was snow still on the ground and it was chilly but what a beautiful spot. It was a while back but there was a station near the end with birds pulled on your left and going away, far away and very fast. That was a tough shot. I hope to go back some day but it's a long haul all the way from Washington.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:11 am 
Tournament Grade

Where is Tinmouth located in Manchester?I'm only
about 30 mins. away and would like to check it out.
Gary

nevermind,found it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:23 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Tinmouth is actually a town in itself.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:34 pm 
Utility Grade

Tinmouth is about 20 minutes North of Manchester, Rt. 7 North to Danby, Brook Rd. to Danby 4 Corners, then North on Tinmouth Rd. Another way is Rt 7 North to Wallingford, then 140 West which is about 30 minutes. ~~ raynor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:21 pm 
Utility Grade

It sounds like a great place to shoot SC. Never been there, but plan to go soon. If you want a great weekend. Shoot clays there the first day and then do a nice walk-up for a few live birds in the same general area at this place. www.peaceablehill.com Its a beautiful, quiet place to get a few birds in a great setting with some great guides, with or without your own dog. They go all year round.