ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Shotgunworld welcomes Brain Chokes
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:50 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Olympian Shooter wrote:
Really happy to communicate with you and thanks for the "like" to BRAIN F/b page!

Christos
BRAIN Chokes

Christos,

Your "problem" is this. Your website states "BRAIN Choke Tubes are the best in the World by far and this is proved in all the tests conducted by numerous Shotgun Experts.."

However, you are apparently unable or unwilling to publish any tests at all, nor have you identified a single shotgun expert that conducted any test. If the tests are indeed numerous and by numerous shotgun authorities, where are they? Who are they?

At present, they are imaginary, and nothing at all is proved.

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:13 pm 
Crown Grade

:arrow: Randy..........Would you be willing to do an "independent 3rd party" pattern test if you were sent a "test" Brain Choke ? Who better than a SGW "expert" ? Same gun..3 chokes...same load. Publish the results here....done.

:arrow: Christos.......The proof is in the pudding my friend. I'm sure $93 dollars would be a small setback to verify your claims by a man who's opinion seems to be held high regards here.

:arrow: I'm in no way offering a "challenge". All I'm proposing, is if what you claim is true, the pattern plate will tell. If all is well, disbelievers may have a change of heart (...........and wallet)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:26 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

^^^^^^ Outstanding proposal :)

TSRA LIFE MEMBER
NSCA #610xxx

Rose City Clays - Tyler TX
5H Shooting Sports Frankston TX ( Formally the Chicken Ranch)
Caney Creek- Teague TX

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:51 pm 
Crown Grade

With all due respect to Randy, perhaps sending the same test one to several writers/reviewers might be even better. Chuck Hawks, Bruce Buck, among others might give us all a thorough review as these folks all tend to take a slightly different perspective - not better or worse, just different.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:16 pm 
Limited Edition

oneounceload wrote:
With all due respect to Randy, perhaps sending the same test one to several writers/reviewers might be even better. Chuck Hawks, Bruce Buck, among others might give us all a thorough review as these folks all tend to take a slightly different perspective - not better or worse, just different.

If someone's sending chokes for testing, my vote is to send some to Neil Winston at http://www.claytargettesting.com/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:54 pm 
Limited Edition

GoldGuy I agree 1000% on your pick for testing. I love reading information posted by Neil Winston. With him there would be no shooting at a piece of cardboard leaning against a fence post.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:01 pm 
Diamond Grade

Do not discount Tom Rositer. Pile on don't get anybody anywhere. Hey let the market handle it it always does!

"I instruct to break targets...I coach to compete".

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:48 pm 
Tournament Grade

The question was "where are these tests and who conducted them? Still no answer, but playing to ego as good salespeople do, the offer was to get a person known to this board to test them, now others are offering names to do testing. As I stated, still no proof of any testing by known shotgun experts, nor any attempt to provide this information.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:58 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Supervet wrote:
The question was "where are these tests and who conducted them?

Bingo. "BRAIN Choke Tubes are the best in the World by far and this is proved in all the tests conducted by numerous Shotgun Experts..."

You don't need a test if there are already numerous legitimate tests for people to peruse and consider. Are there any, any at all? Where are they?

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:04 pm 
Crown Grade

Brainchokes:

I have found Randy Wakeman to be a very fair and unbiased reviewer of all things regarding shotguns. Especially chokes. And it seems like he has very high regards for TruLock chokes which you also seemed to have referred to highy.

I would send Randy some of your chokes if you have faith in them and see what his findings are!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:09 am 
Field Grade

shotgunw world looks like the perfect match for Brain Chokes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:20 am 
Field Grade

Make sure the "experts" get a sample it will add credibility to your product

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:22 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Christos seems to have a sense of humor, so I offer this at no charge:

"Brain Chokes...They'll make you Shoot Feta!"

"There is not a target on this course that I cannot hit, and no target that I cannot miss."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:10 pm 
Tournament Grade

Eddav72 wrote:
Christos seems to have a sense of humor, so I offer this at no charge:

"Brain Chokes...They'll make you Shoot Feta!"

Dear Eddav72,
That's a good one!
Now I understand why, when I shoot my Perazzis, I start smelling parmigiano reggiano!

Regards!

Christos
BRAIN Chokes

PS your UN sound like the Edam cheese!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:36 pm 
Limited Edition

Does Brain Chokes plan on making a Kolar .750 choke?

www.woolleyshooting.com
www.triggersportsintl.com
Muller Mofia
Pilla Glasses call Granny www.pmsfirearms.com
http://silverbulletgunoil.net

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:00 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

So do I understand correctly that the only thing that makes a Brain Choke gun specific is the treads? You mentioned early on the first page something that made it sound like the guns bore diameter plays no role. Am I getting this correctly?

Thanks, Doug

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Carpenters-Custom-Gunstocks-LLC/378909012204503

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:07 pm 
Tournament Grade

ANSWERING TO ALL THE ABOVE!
Dear members of Shotgun World,

When I clicked login today afternoon, I saw that, between Saturday’s evening (Eastern Europe time zone!) and Monday’s afternoon (again Eastern Europe time zone!), the Spotring Clays welcomimg thread got loaded with new posts.

Being unable to answer to each one separately (as I should according to members courtesy rules), I will answer here to similar comments..... in groups! (4 consecutive posts follow!)

GROUP No 1
Physics Laws etc

I will start with the fundamentals of the BRAIN concept. Before the invention of choke, shotguns produced with their cylindrical barrel just a wide pattern which had a hole in the center, known as the “felt hole” as well (phenomenon 1). When the choke was invented, this hole vanished (hense the term “improved”) by the push of shot pellets towards the center of the pattern, and the dense core emerged (phenomenon 2). Now, If you manege somehow to combine these two phenomenons, the result is...the BRAIN profile.

To the gentlemen who are volunteering to teach me aerodynamics or how the shot charge behaves inside the barrel or in the choke or what is good for the effectiveness, please, try to avoid some of the “scientific “ terms used, they are ...irrelevant (to put it gently).

You do not know which University supports my “think tank”, how many hours of ultra high speed digital video for slow motion analysis of the shot I have, or how many years of painstaking tests I have spent (and I don’t mean just ...carton shooting). You understand that now is rather difficult to accept my ignorance.

At least, respect the fact that you are addressing to someone who has designed a robotic over/under just as his mind game integrating same motor used by NASA’s Curiosity on Mars (see in our site ABOUT US at the bottom
https://brainchokes.com/wp-content/uplo ... -UNDER.pdf).
(I do hate posing, but here I am provoked!)

GROUP No 2
The tests! We demand test photos NOW!

Well, I have some on the site (see TECHNOLOGY / INNER PROFILE, normal photos https://brainchokes.com/inner-profile/?lang=en,
and PATTERNS, digitized photos to facilitate comprehension with empty spaces analysis).
Seeing how much some guys love our pattern tests photos and cannot live without them, today I published some extra (BRAIN chokes Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/BRAIN.chokes/) of BELL choke and Beyond Xtreme constriction. These tests were done (and published in forums) on January.

Now, allow me to reverse the question!
Where are others’ manufacturers photos??? I haven’t seen many (to say the least!). As a matter of fact, I do remember a “pattern” image (clearly a sketch)
published by a choke tube manufacturer (I think it was on 2010), so obviously drawn by hand that was soon deleted. I do not remember any passionate reactions at that time...

GROUP No 3:
Why the shotgun experts are not announced? Maybe because they do not exist? And why Christos you did not announced them the next moment someone asked it????? NOW YOU HAVE A PROBLEM!

About delay presenting them! Well, dear friends, during weekend I go shooting and I cannot be sitting in front of my computer waiting to answer to a possible question. You must also accuse the Earth for being spherical and oblige people to live in different time zones.

And now our shotgun experts are about to be revealed (or should I say”exposed”!)

1st ) Myself (not polite to present myself first but..)
- Multiple times Olympic Skeet Champion in my country
- Multiple times Olympic Double Trap Champion in my country
- Ranked 4th in Europe
- Ranked 8th in the World
- Olympian Shooter
- Hunt and shot in 17 countries in 4 Continents
- Designed shotgun parts for some European Manufacturers
- Shooting school founder and educative video producer
- Revue and test article writer for hunting – shooting magazines
( excellent game cooker counts? No?)

But lets exclude me since I sell the BRAIN Chokes!

2nd ) Mr J. Loverdos
- Head coach – trainer of the Greek Shotgun National Team for the last 3 Olympiads,
- Responsible for equipment selection of the Greek Shotgun National Team
- Professional shotgun hunter in Europe and Africa for over 25 years
- Tester and article writer about shotguns and shooting
- Owner of shooting school
- Hunting and shooting instructional video producer
(Contributed to the R&D, mainly of Competition BRAIN Chokes)

3rd ) Mr J. Doumanis
- Multiple times Champion of Practical Shotgun Shooting
- Member of the Greek Practical Shotgun National Team for many years
- Ammo adviser - tester with specialty to Slugs and Bucks loads.
(Contributed to the R&D, mainly of Slug Align BRAIN Choke)

Pretty soon we will add an Olympic Skeet World Record co-holder to our Team.

Let me tell you that, we also have here as well this kind of (semi) sympathetic folks who go around the shooting yards holding a pile of cartons and looking always what you do giving constantly unwanted advises but, we do not consider them as shotgun experts, would you?

GROUP No 4:
Give chokes to this experts, no, give to the other, lets have a vote...

Well, the members who proposed this thing are among the most healthy thinking people in here. Polite and of good faith (not implying that I hide, lie or manipulate others).
I would like to thank for their calm and straight thinking
Jwgworld,
docterduck (ya mas to you as well, and yes, the market handle everything)
cheeco1960
hopper810
oneounceload
VTHokiesDuckHunter
Veritasclayshooter and...
And we have two winners!
GoldGuy and Smoke ball proposed Mr.Neil Winston! Well. I was not planning to send chokes to any shotgun expert whatsoever. But htis name was among the todays order report! I do not now Mr Winston and he did nothing at all to present himself, ask for a discount etc. I saw also his website mentioned by GolgGuy and I saw true will for research. To him I will send two chokes instead the one he ordered because I would like to have his opinion on the Bell as well, this is the most exotic of all with 4 conical section, one vertical and two parallels. You may see in F/b that I have asked many users of this choke to not be afraid to unscrew it and try also the other BRAIN Chokes they have.

All the above said, please remember that from now on, I will respond only to posts with questions and comments of any kind (including these I may do not like, everybody has the right to have his opinion) except the insulting or of bad faith ones.

Christos
BRAIN Chokes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:55 pm 
Crown Grade

Well done sir ! The fact that you even spend the time here to respond to various posts, be they positive or negative, shows the integrity you hold in your product. I wish you good luck in your venture, and truly hope your chokes are all you say they are. It would take quite the choke to separate me from my Mullers......... :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:24 pm 
Diamond Grade

Patterns?

CSM/TRACS Instructor

Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

The Internet is a Delphi Process without the experts.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:49 pm 
Diamond Grade

He said that the patterns are on the website. I looked at some there a few days ago

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next