ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Shotgunworld welcomes Brain Chokes
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:02 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

cheecho1960 wrote:
Well done sir ! The fact that you even spend the time here to respond to various posts, be they positive or negative, shows the integrity you hold in your product. I wish you good luck in your venture, and truly hope your chokes are all you say they are. It would take quite the choke to separate me from my Mullers......... :cry:

+1 from me also,I'm kind of fond of my Mullers as well :) ,looking forward to seeing Neil's report.

Good luck to ya {hs#

TSRA LIFE MEMBER
NSCA #610xxx

Rose City Clays - Tyler TX
5H Shooting Sports Frankston TX ( Formally the Chicken Ranch)
Caney Creek- Teague TX

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:15 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

If it was asked/mentioned I missed it,how does their weight compare to the Ti,Muller and "regular" choke tubes ?

TSRA LIFE MEMBER
NSCA #610xxx

Caney Creek- Teague TX

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:50 pm 
Limited Edition

I'm impressed as well. Goldguy gave you an interesting website: http://www.claytargettesting.com/ Check it out when you have an hour or two. Neil Winston is the real deal. He did a very interesting high speed video study showing that you cannot call the shot placement by "reading" the target breaks. He actually has a video quiz where you can look at the target, judge whether it was hit on the left or right etc. and then actually see the cloud of shot hit the target. Eye opening! I'm searching for the link to this without luck. If someone has it please post the link while I continue searching.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:15 pm 
Limited Edition

I've only been able to find one working video link. Others are broken. This is from a post Neil Winston made about a trap shooter breaking targets well at 16 yards and then missing at a greater distance:

Before you decide " The ones I hit, I chipped at the top," RC, I suggest you watch the linked video.

http://www.viddler.com/v/19080f8f

I started by putting the shot well below the targets and labeled them "-4" to name them below the target. Then I went stepwise higher with the names -3, -2, -1, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4.

As you will see, not only when I got above and well-above the bird, that there are no targets "chipped at the top."

Also, if you run it a couple of times I think you will agree that the breaks from shot-below and indistinguishable from shot-above.

This is one of many videos which show that you can't read target breaks for information about where the pellets which missed the target were centered. After all, how could the target know that?

Neil

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:33 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Christos, I don't think my question fell into any of your categories.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Carpenters-Custom-Gunstocks-LLC/378909012204503

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:50 pm 
Diamond Grade

smoke ball wrote:
I'm impressed as well. Goldguy gave you an interesting website: http://www.claytargettesting.com/ Check it out when you have an hour or two. Neil Winston is the real deal. He did a very interesting high speed video study showing that you cannot call the shot placement by "reading" the target breaks. He actually has a video quiz where you can look at the target, judge whether it was hit on the left or right etc. and then actually see the cloud of shot hit the target. Eye opening! I'm searching for the link to this without luck. If someone has it please post the link while I continue searching.

Most patterns have a 20" core with respective choke. This new and improved choke system has re defined that?

Having said that...Either you can call the target or you can't: by the muzzle if close like Skeet or off the swarm no matter what distance. Most "Weekend" watchers that think that they know don't! "Your behind" how many times have you heard that??? Me I have learned the swarm, it don't lie! Target fracture does.

I see as much as I can, shooter and the shot so I can lead the shooter to WHY and provide a solution. That's what coaches do.

Sorry another one of my peeves! Now back to these new chokes...

"I instruct to break targets...I coach to compete".

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:05 pm 
Utility Grade

I've seen your Patteren tests. So if your based in Greece are all your test with European ammo? Here in the states we shoot 1 1/8 ounce vurses the European 1oz. Our shoot seems to be a bit larger take for instance a Remington 7 1/2 is just as large or even larger then a European 7. Also take into consideration American ammo is measured 3 feet from the muzzle where as Europeans measure at the muzzles for ammo velocity. Being skeptical about your product before I drop 6 or 7 hundred dollars for a set of chokes I would shoot them first and pattern them for myself. I shoot Muller chokes now and swear by the U3 which is .22 constriction. They pattern evenly and consistent with my 32 gram 1300 feet per second Remington Nitro sporting clays ammo. With all this being said will be be at any major tournaments in the US this year so we can discuss this further?
By the way I'm Greek. My name is Kosta Georgatos. I've shot in Greece before, I do prefer the clays in the US better. There is also a way big market for your chokes here in the US. Texas alone probably has my clay shooters then 2/3's of Europe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:32 pm 
Crown Grade

Just great !! Now all this Greek talk has got me wanting some spanakopita, followed by a nice piece of moussaka, ending with my favorite.....baklava !! "No Coke....Pepsi".......lol

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:59 pm 
Diamond Grade

Not good at all.

"I instruct to break targets...I coach to compete".

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:58 am 
Field Grade

Anybody get there hands on one of these yet. I messaged him yesterday on Facebook he quickly replied answer my questions about constrictions and yardage range on tubes I was interested in. Im also a Muller fan but I have spent 90 dollars on things I shouldn't have a time or two

NSCA #660260

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:02 am 
Tournament Grade

dcblvsh2 wrote:
Christos, I don't think my question fell into any of your categories.

Dear dcblvsh2

You are absolutely right! Mea culpa, I posted my (big!) answer yesterday night, I left and I didn’t see that, in the mean time, Chip Kolar and you had posted your questions.

Now, about your question, the answer is yes and no! From the moment the shot load gets into the BRAIN Choke, yes, the rest is always the same but, the load must be enter into the choke safely and smoothly.

About safety, the entrance must be wide enough to avoid any chance for the choke to be caught by the shot charge and been shot out! If we produce exactly the same interior for a a Beretta 686 with .720 bore and then make the same interior to a choke for a Browning 725 with .742 bore, the very first part of the Browning choke entrance will have to be very wide for safety reason. But in this case the shot load will be forced a lot within few mm to manage to enter the choke, the smoothness is gone! The problem is that the steep entrance is translated into many degrees cone’s angle and this, consequently, to great narrowing of the pattern. You see, choking in smoothbores is not only a matter of exit diameter but also shot charge guiding exit cone angle. I could make you a full choke with modified muzzle diameter only by making very steep the angle of the final cone (the pattern will be bad but many shotgun owners live many years with such chokes, especially short old ones).

By saying that BRAIN Chokes eliminate the bore differences we mean between barrels of the same make (model / manufacturer) (see our website TECHNOLOGY / UNIQUE ADVANTAGES https://brainchokes.com/unique-advantages/?lang=en). i.e. if you have a Beretta over / under with .720 bore diameter in one barrel and .728 in the other (I have seen worst, believe me), the conventional chokes will act very differently according the barrel they are installed. In this case, as both barrels diameters before the choke are almost the same (always, by manufacturing), BRAIN Chokes will produce always the same perfect results regardless the barrel they are installed.

Regards

Christos
BRAIN Chokes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:20 am 
Tournament Grade

Removed

Last edited by DBrevit on Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:32 am 
Tournament Grade

Chip Kolar wrote:
Does Brain Chokes plan on making a Kolar .750 choke?

Dear Chip Kolar

Apologies for the delayed answer!

Unfortunately, Kolar Arms are not imported in Europe, therefore I will not be able to serve you until I get in my hand one of them. I could just order a choke and copy it but this is not the way good chokes are manufactured! If we cannot "study" the barrels' interaction with the chokes, results may not be as perfect as we (and you!) would like.

Regards

Christos
BRAIN Chokes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:34 am 
Tournament Grade

Removed

Last edited by DBrevit on Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:56 am 
Limited Edition

Christos,
Thanks for your reply. I understand the requirement to have the .750 Kolar barrel to develop the choke. Muller also uses the specific barrel to develop his chokes...that is the reason it took a while before I had access to his chokes. The Kolar produces a very limited number of guns per year and they are of exceptional quality. I look forward to the future of your enterprise. Chip

www.woolleyshooting.com
www.triggersportsintl.com
Muller Mofia
Pilla Glasses call Granny www.pmsfirearms.com
http://silverbulletgunoil.net

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:18 am 
Tournament Grade

hopper810 wrote:
If it was asked/mentioned I missed it,how does their weight compare to the Ti,Muller and "regular" choke tubes ?

Dearv hopper810,

No, until now the weight of BRAIN Chokes has not be mentioned but, since you asked, let me tell you that it depends upon the model and the constriction. The BELL is one of the lightest chokes (due to minimum mass) and weight goes up for every tighter constriction. Of course, this is good since the tighter the choke, the longer the intended distance and, in this case the shooter needs the extra momentum.

At that point, I would like to inform you that I strongly believe coke weight is of no real importance. If you see on our website FAQS, you will see which is my opinion about choke tubes weight:

“Now about the weight. Well, you buy a gun with a longer barrel for the extra forward weight and momentum and then you want to make the muzzle area lighter reducing choke weight? But even so, do a blind test: ask a friend to hand you your gun sometimes with the chokes installed and sometimes without. You will see that you will not be able to detect or feel any difference. Needless to say what happens if the difference is between chokes and lighter chokes. It is more logical to say that you can feel the difference of weight of your loads in the chamber!”

Nevertheless, I do not forget what you asked for so please, let me inform you that the weight of a BRAIN Choke Optima Plus with TM constriction is 49 grams sharp, while TL weighs 53 grams. This info will hopefully help you to make comparisons. But If you need to make a specific model/constriction comparison, please let me know to provide info.

Regards

Christos
BRAIN Chokes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:45 am 
Tournament Grade

Docterduck wrote:
smoke ball wrote:

Most patterns have a 20" core with respective choke. This new and improved choke system has re defined that?

Having said that...Either you can call the target or you can't: by the muzzle if close like Skeet or off the swarm no matter what distance. Most "Weekend" watchers that think that they know don't! "Your behind" how many times have you heard that??? Me I have learned the swarm, it don't lie! Target fracture does.

I see as much as I can, shooter and the shot so I can lead the shooter to WHY and provide a solution. That's what coaches do.

Sorry another one of my peeves! Now back to these new chokes...

Dear Docterduck,

With BRAIN Chokes you don't rely on the core anymore but on the - wider - effective surface of the pattern, which has enough well distributed pellets to assure a clean kill. This way you are allowed bigger aiming errors and that's why many of our clients describe BRAIN Chokes as "shooter friendly".

Regards

Christos
BRAIN Chokes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:56 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Thanks for the reply {hs# I shoot a Mobil choked Beretta O/U

TSRA LIFE MEMBER
NSCA #610xxx

Caney Creek- Teague TX

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:02 pm 
Field Grade

Well, I will try one. Just ordered one for my Invector Plus.

NSCA #660260

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:39 pm 
Tournament Grade

DBrevit wrote:
Illini Shooter wrote:
He said that the patterns are on the website. I looked at some there a few days ago

and what was used, 1 1/4oz number 6's as noted below the pictures, patterns show voids in the middle of patterns (yellow boards).

This company may make a good quality choke but the listed effect of expansion chamber is off, space it has and time it has to do anything is too small(again, for the listed effect), for that matter every choke we have, already has this, there is a little space and taper at the beginning of each choke at the seat point (bore, step out, taper in, parallel section and out) .

Why not offer a money back deal as per Muller, TruLock etc and stand behind it.

Dear Dbrevit

You forgot to mention that also the sky was awfully blue....
Yeah, right... very bad chokes.

I answered to you once and you come back again, my dear friend, with this show of pseudo scientific ignorance you only embarrass yourself!

As I said yesterday
“ All the above said, please remember that from now on, I will respond only to posts with questions and comments of any kind (including these I may do not like, everybody has the right to have his opinion) except the insulting or of bad faith ones.”

I now add “and from people with some...issues”

Christos
BRAIN Chokes

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next