ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Shotgunworld welcomes Brain Chokes
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:56 pm 
Tournament Grade

hopper810 wrote:
Thanks for the reply {hs# I shoot a Mobil choked Beretta O/U

Dear hopper810

The Mobil TL weighs 39 grams, does this help you?

Regards

Cristos
BRAIN Chokes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:17 pm 
Diamond Grade

Cristos if your patent has published in English such as a PCT application or WO publication I would appreciate if you would post the number so I can read it. Any results with steel pellets such as may be used for waterfowl hunting?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:44 pm 
Tournament Grade

CrowngradeK80 wrote:
I've seen your Patteren tests. So if your based in Greece are all your test with European ammo? Here in the states we shoot 1 1/8 ounce vurses the European 1oz. Our shoot seems to be a bit larger take for instance a Remington 7 1/2 is just as large or even larger then a European 7. Also take into consideration American ammo is measured 3 feet from the muzzle where as Europeans measure at the muzzles for ammo velocity. Being skeptical about your product before I drop 6 or 7 hundred dollars for a set of chokes I would shoot them first and pattern them for myself. I shoot Muller chokes now and swear by the U3 which is .22 constriction. They pattern evenly and consistent with my 32 gram 1300 feet per second Remington Nitro sporting clays ammo. With all this being said will be be at any major tournaments in the US this year so we can discuss this further?
By the way I'm Greek. My name is Kosta Georgatos. I've shot in Greece before, I do prefer the clays in the US better. There is also a way big market for your chokes here in the US. Texas alone probably has my clay shooters then 2/3's of Europe

Dear Kosta

We have done during these years some tests with US made Winchesters and few with US made Remingtons (both brands hunting loads). Our sizes are the same, our size 9 is definitely 2 mm, 8 is 2,25, 7 is 2,5 ... (see http://www.hallowellco.com/shot_size_chart.htm) ,maybe you speak about UK sizes?

The distance of measuring the velocity is of no importance for BRAIN Chokes (the only choke I think that requires specific load speeds is one model of Patternmaster). Concerning the shot weight, BRAIN Chokes are designed and tested to shoot from 20 grams (2” shotshells) up to 3 ½ “ 64 Super Magnums and everything in between!

As for the amount someone has to spent, as I informed another fellow shooter earlier today in F/b, when a buyer wants to purchase more than one choke, we strongly suggest to skip every next and go for the other because effectiveness distance covered by each BRAIN constriction is almost double compared to the conventional one. I believe that a shooter can cover his complete shooting distance spectrum with just 3-4 BRAIN Chokes, the rest would useless.

Greek, Georgatos, from Kefalonia I presume?

Regards

Christos
BRAIN Chokes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:01 pm 
Utility Grade

Thanks for the response Christo. Yes my family is from Kefalonia. I hope you can make it to some shoots over in the states so I can check out these chokes. I never take an untested weapon in to do battle!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:57 pm 
Tournament Grade

Removed

Last edited by DBrevit on Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:11 pm 
Tournament Grade

Removed

Last edited by DBrevit on Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:40 pm 
Tournament Grade

Removed

Last edited by DBrevit on Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:10 pm 
Diamond Grade

BRAIN Chokes:

I noted the same observations that got DBrevit banished. Had that not happened I would have asked if you had applied and would release any pattern analyses using known analysis programs. But you took this discussion down an unfortunate path. Reasonable questions have been asked and have met with evasive responses, at best. Keep in mind that this forum is populated mostly by target and competition shooters, but the patterns that I saw do not include target ammunition. As stated earlier, the market will tell.

CSM/TRACS Instructor

Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

The Internet is a Delphi Process without the experts.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:37 pm 
Tournament Grade

C'mon Ken-just buy a couple for your Browning and let all the guys know at Bull Run how they perform. You can write it off as a business expense. LOL

BTW You looked very cold Saturday.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:02 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I am having a senior moment. How do these chokes compare in size to our chokes or Muller chokes?

Thanks guys. {hs#

Gun and Shell Sponsor / My Wife
Polaris Ranger
Krieghoff K80 Plantation Grade
Muller Chokes
Brain Chokes
Member of the NRA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:11 am 
Tournament Grade

ded&ded wrote:
BRAIN Chokes:

I noted the same observations that got DBrevit banished. Had that not happened I would have asked if you had applied and would release any pattern analyses using known analysis programs. But you took this discussion down an unfortunate path. Reasonable questions have been asked and have met with evasive responses, at best. Keep in mind that this forum is populated mostly by target and competition shooters, but the patterns that I saw do not include target ammunition. As stated earlier, the market will tell.

dead&dead

1) ”I noted the same observations that got DBrevit banished. Had that not happened I would have asked if you had applied and would release any pattern analyses using known analysis programs.”

As far as I know, I am the only choke manufacturer who has integrated on his website pattern analyses with a dedicated menu unit (PATTERNS).
I will start releasing my pattern analyses archive the moment even a single other choke manufacturer will start to do so.

2) “But you took this discussion down an unfortunate path. Reasonable questions have been asked and have met with evasive responses, at best.”
Well
”and what was used, 1 1/4oz number 6's as noted below the pictures, patterns show voids in the middle of patterns (yellow boards).
This company may make a good quality choke but the listed effect of expansion chamber is off, space it has and time it has to do anything is too small(again, for the listed effect), for that matter every choke we have, already has this, there is a little space and taper at the beginning of each choke at the seat point (bore, step out, taper in, parallel section and out)
Why not offer a money back deal as per Muller, TruLock etc and stand behind it.”

You mentioned “Reasonable questions”, plural, means more than one. Now help me find in the above text the questions, even a single one, “reasonable” or not, so to have something to avoid.
And we are talking about a person who says that he knows about expansion chambers etc because he worked (as?) on ....full auto weapon systems. Anyone who has even the slightest idea about ballistics will easily tell you that comparing shotgun ballistics with single projectile ballistics is like comparing a rose with a rose beef. The more he speaks, the more....
And now, he is so obviously desperate to find even one weak point to accuse the chokes, that he turns to me asking to give him what? The blueprints?

3) “Keep in mind that this forum is populated mostly by target and competition shooters, but the patterns that I saw do not include target ammunition.”

We have pupblished (only us again!) patterns but these had to be generic, with medium shot charge (1 1/4 oz) and No 6 shot size (internationally used, for comparibility purposes). Everybody with even small experience on patterning can “translate” these patterns to his ammo results. Otherwise we would have ended with a huge, heavy photo gallery of many terabytes with 7/8 oz x 7 / 8 / 9 size, 1 oz x 7 / 8 / 9 size ........plus per ammo maker etc. No way.

ALL MY MATERIAL, BE IT DESIGNS, PATENTS, HIGH SPEED DIGITAL VIDEO ARCHIVES, PATTERNS ETC ARE MY OWN INTELECTUAL PROPERTY AND THATS IT.

4) “As stated earlier, the market will tell.” Eventually!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:42 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

WTF is with some of you guys?? They are shotgun chokes not artificial hearts.

If you want to see how they work buy one.

If you don't like it send it back and get your money back.

A lot of you guys did the same thing to Jimmy Muller and his Muller chokes.

Do you have any idea how many chokes he has sold and how many happy customers he has.

Polaris Ranger
Muller Chokes
Brain Chokes
Member of the NRA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:00 am 
Tournament Grade

Agreed KrieghoffK80. It's nice to have Christos so available (and responsive)for questions, but no need for the third degree. Buy it, try it, and return it if not satisfied. Christos seems to have the patience and sense of humor of a good businessman anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:12 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

And he placed an ad here on SGW right off the start.

Polaris Ranger
Muller Chokes
Brain Chokes
Member of the NRA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:57 am 
Presentation Grade

mtchamber wrote:
Agreed KrieghoffK80. It's nice to have Christos so available (and responsive)for questions, but no need for the third degree. Buy it, try it, and return it if not satisfied. Christos seems to have the patience and sense of humor of a good businessman anyway.

No kidding, let the guy get his business started. He's not coming to these guys' workplace and throwing rocks at them while they're mowing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:59 am 
Tournament Grade

Removed

Last edited by DBrevit on Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:04 am 
Crown Grade

If you don't like the product don't buy it. Coming on here and bashing it seems to indicate some ulterior motive for posting negative remarks.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:06 am 
Crown Grade

KRIEGHOFFK80 wrote:

Do you have any idea how many chokes he has sold and how many happy customers he has.

Terry - you may have the Post of the Day here!

Based on some of the long running choke discussions here on SGW you would think we were discussing artificial hearts!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:32 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Shouldn't we just talk about Jack's Magic beans (ie fairy tales) ?

BTW, the published patterns are 2 dimensional and do not "prove" that the pattern is edge dense. They do show what ever a piece of paper shows.

Ported chokes were supposed to relieve recoil , strip wads , and "make better patterns."

Early on, Muller chokes "spread out more and still kept a tight pattern". That's mostly been conceded as baloney.

Rifled chokes "opened up patterns" to more open than skeet but did so only if you liked an IC pattern, which was actually as wide as they got.

Greece needs $$$, buy away.

Our prentice Tom may now refuse
To wipe his scoundrel master's shoes
For now he's free to sing and play
O'er the hills and far away.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:55 am 
Diamond Grade

KRIEGHOFFK80 wrote:

I agree K80! Skepticism is one thing...Cynicism is another...badgering an advertiser not acceptable to the boss!

Dan Whitehead
NSCA Level III Shooting Instructor

"I instruct to break targets...I coach to compete".

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next