It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Aguila 12 gauge ammo
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:36 pm 
Tournament Grade

I think I will just buy from CAC Associates. I can pick them up in my truck and at pallet pricing I can get em below Academy. Plus CAC just started carrying Aguila.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:19 am 
Limited Edition

I had hoped for a good source of quality ammo without shipping burden. The search continues........
bc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:00 pm 
Limited Edition

Boyce, don't let this put you off. For some reason Academy can't get this one right but I have ordered dozens of flats of other brands from them with zero issues.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:03 pm 
Limited Edition

I was interested in Aguila since it is a 1 ounce load of good quality. They do have a lot of target ammo but not that much 1 ounce stuff. Some of the promo grade ammo kicks harder than the 9\8 ounce stuff.
Thanks,
bc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:54 pm 
Limited Edition

ebcjr wrote:
I was interested in Aguila since it is a 1 ounce load of good quality. They do have a lot of target ammo but not that much 1 ounce stuff. Some of the promo grade ammo kicks harder than the 9\8 ounce stuff.
Thanks,
bc
The Estate Super Sport 1 oz is 1235 fps with 4 - 5% antimony shot. Good stuff for $55 a flat and soft shooting. Also try this one: http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/winches ... atid=28416

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:59 pm 
Limited Edition

mil_dot wrote:
ebcjr wrote:
Thanks,
bc
The Estate Super Sport 1 oz is 1235 fps with 4 - 5% antimony shot. Good stuff for $55 a flat and soft shooting. Also try this one: http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/winches ... atid=28416

I like that Estate load too. And if they ever have the same load @ 1180fps, I get that because it runs good in both my O/U & auto.
Here's another 1oz alternative -- http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/winches ... tid=816982
The Win Universal gets a lot of bad reports for being problematic, so I stay away from it. But I have shot a little bit of the Win Super Target and it worked fine.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:30 pm 
Tournament Grade

jpwheels wrote:
mil_dot wrote:
ebcjr wrote:
Thanks,
bc

I like that Estate load too. And if they ever have the same load @ 1180fps, I get that because it runs good in both my O/U & auto.
Here's another 1oz alternative -- http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/winches ... tid=816982
The Win Universal gets a lot of bad reports for being problematic, so I stay away from it. But I have shot a little bit of the Win Super Target and it worked fine.

The Win Super Targets are fine and Academy has never screwed any orders but the Aguila. I like the Estates 1oz 1180s and luckily I have those locally since Academy only carries Estate 1oz 1235 last I checked.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:32 am 
Field Grade

I shot half a flat of the Aguila 1 1/8 from Academy today (recd instead of the 1 oz I ordered) and noted that the powder burns quite dirty. I won't order it again.

By comparison the Monarch and Winchester SuperX from Academy are very clean burning shells and perform well.