It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Another FITASC question: Why not pumpguns?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:49 pm 
Crown Grade

The other day, I read a post on another site that mentioned that pumpguns were illegal to shoot in FITASC. I never realized that, nor even had I thought about it before.

So I got to thinking about what the reasoning behind why you can't shoot a pumpgun at FITASC was. And taking it one step further, why can you shoot a semi-auto and not a pumpgun. I couldn't come up with a logical reason for either question.

I'm not going to shoot a pumpgun other than in a pumpgun event. I'm certainly not going to do so in a FITASC event. But for the life of me I don't understand why they are illegal for FITASC, and why Semi-Autos aren't.

Thots?

Post subject: Re: Another FITASC question: Why not pumpguns?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:24 am 
Tournament Grade

I've often heard it's because pump guns are illegal as hunting firearms in France.

Well, like most other American "common knowledge" about European guns laws, that is probably wrong too.

I personally don't know if pump guns are illegal in France for hunting, but I bet nicobe (Nicolas Berry) knows.

I do know pump guns are absolutely legal for hunting in the UK, though by custom waterfowlers are most of the pump gun users over there.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:57 am 
Crown Grade

I have been told that pump shotguns are considered military arms in the Eurozone, surrounded by a hysteria similar to that of "assault weapons" in the US. Since they are not "hunting shotguns," they are restricted from playing at FITASC. I would appreciate a correction if anyone knows of a different reason.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:27 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I thought they were ok to use in the US.

Gun and Shell Sponsor / My Wife

Krieghoff K 80 Plantation Grade
Muller Chokes
Member of the NRA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:15 am 
Crown Grade

KRIEGHOFFK80 wrote:
I thought they were ok to use in the US.

Not as per the NSCA rules for FITASC.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:17 am 
Crown Grade

The French consider pump guns to be riot guns and are therefore not a "sporting arm"

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:07 am 
Tournament Grade

DrMike wrote:
I have been told that pump shotguns are considered military arms in the Eurozone, surrounded by a hysteria similar to that of "assault weapons" in the US. Since they are not "hunting shotguns," they are restricted from playing at FITASC. I would appreciate a correction if anyone knows of a different reason.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/0 ... -gun-laws/

It appears you're right, but if the article is factual, pump shotguns were category C hunting arms until 1995.

So when did FITASC make pump guns illegal for the sport?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:19 am 
Crown Grade

So, if I am following this correctly, that if a shooter showed up with a pumpgun to shoot a FITASC event here in the United States, he would not be allowed to participate. If true, that my friends flies right in the face of the gun rights we all so highly cherish.

And it's also just plain stupid.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:22 am 
Crown Grade

Mule, not disagreeing with you, but FITASC has some odd rules, like footwear.

I know there are some certified refs on this board. Has anyone ever turned someone away from a shoot due to wrong equipment or attire?

Eye on the rock, head on the stock.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:24 am 
Crown Grade

oneounceload wrote:
The French consider pump guns to be riot guns and are therefore not a "sporting arm"

They are wrong. And so are we for going along with this for events in our own country.

Honestly, this is just plain stupid.

Last edited by Mule Driver on Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:26 am 
Crown Grade

xsshooter wrote:
Mule, not disagreeing with you, but FITASC has some odd rules, like footwear.

I know there are some certified refs on this board. Has anyone ever turned someone away from a shoot due to wrong equipment or attire?

I'm aware of the footwear, collared shirts, etc rules of FITASC, and I have no problem with all of that. It serves a purpose.

Not allowing pumpguns serves no purpose at all. It flies in the face of our own gun rights.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:31 am 
Crown Grade

Mule Driver wrote:
that my friends flies right in the face of the gun rights we all so highly cherish.

:roll:

It's not your "right" to shoot in a sanctioned event. By paying your entry fee, you agree to follow the rules, no matter if you like them or not.

You think the rule is an infringement on your rights? Don't pay to shoot the event. Vote with your wallet.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:37 am 
Crown Grade

bopper wrote:
Mule Driver wrote:
that my friends flies right in the face of the gun rights we all so highly cherish.

It's not your "right" to shoot in a sanctioned event. By paying your entry fee, you agree to follow the rules, no matter if you like them or not.

You think the rule is an infringement on your rights? Don't pay to shoot the event. Vote with your wallet.

That's total Bull Manure.

Outlawing pumpguns because the French don't like them for events in our own country is crazy stupid. And totally unnecessary.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:39 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

So , since the USA invented small gauge Fitasc , why don't we invent pump-gun and SxS Fitasc , too.

More than one way to skin a cat :idea:

Our prentice Tom may now refuse
To wipe his scoundrel master's shoes
For now he's free to sing and play
O'er the hills and far away.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:40 am 
Crown Grade

bopper wrote:
Mule Driver wrote:

And you know what else Bopper -- I'm entitled to my own opinion without you telling me what I should or shouldn't do.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:42 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Mule: Do you have a right to use a .22 for Fitasc?

Or a .30-06 ?

Come on man :!:

Our prentice Tom may now refuse
To wipe his scoundrel master's shoes
For now he's free to sing and play
O'er the hills and far away.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:45 am 
Crown Grade

bopper wrote:

Furthermore, this is an infringement on ALL gun owners rights here in America. My God, the pumpguns are the heart and soul of our hunting culture.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:47 am 
Crown Grade

Quote:
Not allowing pumpguns serves no purpose at all. It flies in the face of our own gun rights.

Not being allowed to carry in government buildings or within 1500' of a school is an infringement. Not allowing you to use something to play a game is not.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:48 am 
Crown Grade

sera wrote:
Mule: Do you have a right to use a .22 for Fitasc?

Or a .30-06 ?

Come on man :!:

Get real Sera. Those aren't shotguns.

And they would be dangerous. Tell me, old wise one, how a pumpgun would be anything like using a .22 or a .30-06 for FITASC.

No, you "Come on man".

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:48 am 
Crown Grade

Quote:

Not being allowed to carry in government buildings or within 1500' of a school is an infringement. Not allowing you to use something to play a game is not.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next