It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Another FITASC question: Why not pumpguns?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:17 pm 
Crown Grade

Cantey wrote:
Pump guns are allowed in US Fitasc competition with the exception of World Cup events.

Joe,

Clearly you are an authority on this matter. However, could you please explain why the NSCA rule book states otherwise:

http://nsca.nssa-nsca.org/wp-content/up ... _06-17.pdf

The wording seems to have changed and the non-World Cup language is no longer there in favor of an outright ban.

VTHokiesDuckHunter wrote:
If a pump shotgun is 12 gauge or smaller; if the shooter only loads 2 rounds; and if those rounds are legal as to pellet size and charge, it appears to meet the rules. And if not, it's stupid.

"Stupid" and an infringement on rights as previously claimed are two different things. Sure, let people use a pump, I don't care. But to state that such a ban is a rights violation is just as stupid and, in the mean time, rules are rules.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:01 pm 
Diamond Grade

bopper wrote:
Cantey wrote:
Pump guns are allowed in US Fitasc competition with the exception of World Cup events.

Joe,

Clearly you are an authority on this matter. However, could you please explain why the NSCA rule book states otherwise:

http://nsca.nssa-nsca.org/wp-content/up ... _06-17.pdf

The wording seems to have changed and the non-World Cup language is no longer there in favor of an outright ban.

If a pump shotgun is 12 gauge or smaller; if the shooter only loads 2 rounds; and if those rounds are legal as to pellet size and charge, it appears to meet the rules. And if not, it's stupid.

"Stupid" and an infringement on rights as previously claimed are two different things. Sure, let people use a pump, I don't care. But to state that such a ban is a rights violation is just as stupid and, in the mean time, rules are rules.

+1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:52 pm 
Tournament Grade

So....who here is going to shoot registered FITASC with a pump gun? Assuming it was allowed.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:57 pm 
Diamond Grade

I'd give it a go were it allowed....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:04 pm 
Tournament Grade

Bopper - somehow it was an oversight (probably on my part) that after 2015 the except for World Cup events got left out.

Joe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:05 pm 
Crown Grade

blackandgold wrote:
So....who here is going to shoot registered FITASC with a pump gun? Assuming it was allowed.

I doubt very many, but you might pick up a few shooters who otherwise might not shoot it, mostly kids?

Is the number worth a rule change?

Maybe, maybe not, but as Mule pointed out seems to be a rule without basis so why not get rid of it. The rule change isn't going to stop someone from signing up, i.e. I won't shoot next to a pump gun.

Eye on the rock, head on the stock.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:20 pm 
Crown Grade

Quote:
I doubt very many, but you might pick up a few shooters who otherwise might not shoot it, mostly kids?

More likely your camo-wearing, Skoal-spitting dove or duck hunter.......

Quote:
seems to be a rule without basis so why not get rid of it.

Obviously not to the French who wrote the rules......

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:23 pm 
Crown Grade

Cantey wrote:
Bopper - somehow it was an oversight (probably on my part) that after 2015 the except for World Cup events got left out.

Thanks, Joe. As reasonable an explanation as any. Do you think next year we'll see the rule revert to the old version with the exception?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:37 pm 
Field Grade

I would hazard a guess that pump guns feed an awful lot of families who would go hungry other wise

I thought FITASC was supposed to be like hunting?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:49 pm 
Crown Grade

So was skeet and sporting..........

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:26 pm 
Crown Grade

I've had several folks shoot FITASC with pumps. They are always welcome on my parcours.
In the right hands, you'd never know it wasn't a semi-auto... except for the lack of malfunctions.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:33 pm 
Limited Edition

DrMike wrote:
In the right hands, you'd never know it wasn't a semi-auto... except for the lack of malfunctions.
There's this Ohio guy named Bill Mayer......... :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:55 pm 
Crown Grade

I'm with Mule Driver and Dr. Mike here 100%.

Any comparisons to .22's or .30-06 are incredibly non-related.

Yes, we all know that certain items of clothing are not allowed and one strats out with the butt below the line; and also that in certain countries Pumps might not be allowed by law, but certainly not makes no sense here.

Well said, and thank you.

If the rules were "break-open guns only" I could understand " no pumpguns" because it would mean "no semi-autos" as well. The problem for me is why they allow semi-autos but not pumps for events here in the United States. The pumpgun is as American as apple pie and to exclude it isn't right.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:58 pm 
Crown Grade

oneounceload wrote:
Quote:

More likely your camo-wearing, Skoal-spitting dove or duck hunter.

Yup, it sure would. Most of whom probably are really nice guys.

Interesting pedisle you're setting on........

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:02 pm 
Crown Grade

DrMike wrote:
I've had several folks shoot FITASC with pumps. They are always welcome on my parcours.

Nice to have at least one FITASC ref with his head on straight here. Ever have any trouble with "camo' wearing, Skoal spitting dove or duck hunters" causing any problems?

Hard to believe oneounceloads attitude with that statement.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:04 pm 
Crown Grade

xsshooter wrote:
blackandgold wrote:

Is the number worth a rule change?

Maybe, maybe not, but as Mule pointed out seems to be a rule without basis so why not get rid of it. The rule change isn't going to stop someone from signing up, i.e. I won't shoot next to a pump gun.

Exactly!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:15 pm 
Crown Grade

Mule Driver wrote:
DrMike wrote:

Nice to have at least one FITASC ref with his head on straight here. Ever have any trouble with "camo' wearing, Skoal spitting dove or duck hunters" causing any problems?

MY attitude? REALLY? I LIKE those folks - they are actually nice, play by the rules, and actually want to try to do well while having fun.......unlike you're attitude

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:20 pm 
Crown Grade

Illini Shooter wrote:
You had to know where this thread would end up when you saw who the author was. :D

I put a lot of thought into this before I posted this thread. I ever asked if the situation was correct or not. I think it's a more than legit question to ask.

I think it's ironic that someone makes a statement like you did here, and then wants to come off as being some sort of goodie-two shoes when in all reality, you're causing the problem.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:20 pm 
Crown Grade

Illini Shooter wrote:
You had to know where this thread would end up when you saw who the author was. :D

I put a lot of thought into this before I posted this thread. I ever asked if the situation was correct or not. I think it's a more than legit question to ask.

I think it's ironic that someone makes a statement like you did here, and then wants to come off as being some sort of goodie-two shoes when in all reality, you're causing the problem.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:22 pm 
Crown Grade

oneounceload wrote:
Mule Driver wrote:
DrMike wrote:

MY attitude? REALLY? I LIKE those folks - they are actually nice, play by the rules, and actually want to try to do well while having fun.......unlike you're attitude

Boy, you sure got that turned around the wrong way. You made that statement, and now you're not man enough to own it.

BTW, questioning a rule doesn't mean someone isn't having fun and doesn't play by the rules.

Did-allowing pumpguns in a shooting event in the United States is crazy. Can you think of any other clay target discipline that does that?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next