It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: Another FITASC question: Why not pumpguns?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:29 pm 
Crown Grade

Mule Driver wrote:
VTHokiesDuckHunter wrote:
I'm with Mule Driver and Dr. Mike here 100%.

Any comparisons to .22's or .30-06 are incredibly non-related.

If a pump shotgun is 12 gauge or smaller; if the shooter only loads 2 rounds; and if those rounds are legal as to pellet size and charge, it appears to meet the rules. And if not, it's stupid.

Yes, we all know that certain items of clothing are not allowed and one strats out with the butt below the line; and also that in certain countries Pumps might not be allowed by law, but certainly not makes no sense here.

Well said, and thank you.

If the rules were "break-open guns only" I could understand " no pumpguns" because it would mean "no semi-autos" as well. The problem for me is why they allow semi-autos but not pumps for events here in the United States. The pumpgun is as American as apple pie and to exclude it isn't right.

You're welcome.

It's fairly clear that if this was ever a rule at all it was because certain countries in the U.K. That wrote these have a ban or very closely held restriction on certain types of firearms (and calibers - like 9mm and .45 in pistol) that they consider to be for strict military use.

This should have absolutely no basis on the requirements for the sport in America.

Maybe a restriction on good dental hygiene (UK) or body hair grooming and smells (France) should also be in order.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:34 pm 
Diamond Grade

Yes, the sanctioning body has the right to make the rules and yes, banning pump guns is stupid being that there is no conceivable competitive advantage to using one. Most serious shooters wouldn't use them if they were legal for FITASC so it's kind of irrelevant anyway.

On the other hand, no one is stopping you from inventing your own sporting clays game with it's own rules where pumps could be mandatory, or even side by side shotguns with two triggers and external hammers.

In SASS competitions you can't use an O/U even though there is no conceivable competitive advantage, so there!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:35 pm 
Diamond Grade

Mule Driver wrote:
Illini Shooter wrote:
You had to know where this thread would end up when you saw who the author was. :D

I put a lot of thought into this before I posted this thread. I ever asked if the situation was correct or not. I think it's a more than legit question to ask.

I think it's ironic that someone makes a statement like you did here, and then wants to come off as being some sort of goodie-two shoes when in all reality, you're causing the problem.

I would love to respond to this but experience tells me not to. I stand by my original statement .

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:03 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Illini Shooter wrote:
Mule Driver wrote:
Illini Shooter wrote:
You had to know where this thread would end up when you saw who the author was. :D

I put a lot of thought into this before I posted this thread. I ever asked if the situation was correct or not. I think it's a more than legit question to ask.

I think it's ironic that someone makes a statement like you did here, and then wants to come off as being some sort of goodie-two shoes when in all reality, you're causing the problem.

I would love to respond to this but experience tells me not to. I stand by my original statement .

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#MMUSOpen2019 #TheForkUSOpen2021

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:14 pm 
Crown Grade

B.L.E. wrote:

In SASS competitions you can't use an O/U even though there is no conceivable competitive advantage, so there!

Now, that's hardly the same thing. You're making no sense at all.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:19 pm 
Diamond Grade

Mule Driver wrote:
B.L.E. wrote:

It makes the point that the sanctioning body can make any rule they please.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:20 pm 
Crown Grade

marist89 wrote:
Illini Shooter wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Careful Huey. Paybacks get under your thin skin and then you go crying to the moderator.

Last edited by Mule Driver on Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:23 pm 
Crown Grade

B.L.E. wrote:
Mule Driver wrote:
B.L.E. wrote:

Yes, they can. But your comparison makes no sense as an Open event is not the same as a specialty subgauge or specialty pump or SxS event.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:27 pm 
Crown Grade

Illini Shooter wrote:
Mule Driver wrote:
Illini Shooter wrote:

Probably a very good idea. Just remember you threw the first insult here. If you don't want crap thrown back at you, then don't throw it first.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:43 pm 
Diamond Grade

Mule Driver wrote:
B.L.E. wrote:

Yes, they can. But your comparison makes no sense as an Open event is not the same as a specialty subgauge or specialty pump or SxS event.

It's a shooting sport with its own silly rules, that's all that's relevant. Just be grateful FITASC doesn't make you wear a costume and use a registered alias.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:08 pm 
Crown Grade

B.L.E. wrote:
Mule Driver wrote:
B.L.E. wrote:

It's a shooting sport with its own silly rules, that's all that's relevant. Just be grateful FITASC doesn't make you wear a costume and use a registered alias.

Yet another senseless comment. You're on a roll.........

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:12 am 
Diamond Grade

Since when was this thread about open, specialty subgage, specialty pump or SxS events.
Is moving the goalposts the only way you can win an argument?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4