It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: You guys in South Florida stay safe
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:36 am 
Crown Grade

It's going to get really bad really soon.

Post subject: Re: You guys in South Florida stay safe
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:51 am 
Crown Grade

S. FL had better already have passed my house on their way to GA. Your condo area in FtL is in harm's way.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:53 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

Once again a major hurricane takes aim at our country. Harvey was terrible and wounds will take a long time to heal. Many people decided to ride the storm out which cause many deaths.

All of my friends and all people in Florida take notice of the mistakes made by many in Houston and LEAVE. Please forget your property and take care of your family and yourself. I know leaving your homes is very bad but it is better than leaving this life. My prayers are with you. Mick and Emma, take your son and go visit someone in a safe place. Louise and Bill and Robin and Wendell go with them. Roger you and Cathy need to go teach somewhere else for a while. I could keep on listing names of all of my friends and students all across the state but you all need to be leaving now and not reading the internet. Everyone, PLEASE let us know that you are safe.

Mike McAlpine

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:45 pm 
Crown Grade

Fortunately we are still in PA. We don't know if we will have a place to go to in Naples come October. I have done everything I can do to protect my place but that doesn't guarantee anything. Fortunately, everything we have down there is replaceable. Still praying Irma will be kind to us. We made it through hurricane Wilma virtually unscathed so maybe we can dodge another bullet.

(Warning: To those that read my posts.)
I don't shoot registered targets so what could I possibly know or have to offer?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:27 pm 
Crown Grade

Jim, west coast should be fairly unscathed - and I use that term VERY loosely - as compared to those directly east, so hopefully your place is safe.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:50 pm 
Crown Grade

I hope you are right but it seems every time I look at the Weather Channel and the National Hurricane Center web site the path changes. So we will see.

I don't shoot registered targets so what could I possibly know or have to offer?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:06 pm 
Limited Edition

I know some who are staying, bu they live in reinforced concrete homes and have aux gensets, buried propane tanks, food, water, guns, and ammo.

A reinforced concrete home is the only safe place to be in SFLA for the next 72 hrs

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:32 pm 
Crown Grade

Good luck guys.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:48 am 
Field Grade

Have a friend that is getting married tomorrow and was flying to Orlando Sunday morning for the honeymoon. Guess that plan has to change. Grab your gals and guns (whatever order you choose) and get out of Dodge while you can....Be careful and stay safe.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:01 am 
Crown Grade

As of this AM, the path has shifted to the left for the worst - means it will be coming right up the middle of the state as opposed to one coast.......looks like Sun AM for my area............

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:11 am 
Limited Edition

Brkemall wrote:
Have a friend that is getting married tomorrow and was flying to Orlando Sunday morning for the honeymoon. Guess that plan has to change. Grab your gals and guns (whatever order you choose) and get out of Dodge while you can....Be careful and stay safe.

If one lives in a house built completely (or mostly) of reinforced concrete, is not a flood zone, have a generator with plenty of fuel, non-perishable foods and potable water stores, some firearms, ammo, and the will and skill to use them defensively, staying put is a no brainer.

The less of the above that you have, the more you should think about leaving.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:32 am 
Crown Grade

Don't forget good, stout shutters for your windows. My windows are "hurricane proof" but I stll have them covered with shutters. The crap that is being blown around at high speeds can take out those windows in a heart beat, imho. Once that wind gets inside then goes the roof. Even if I had all that stuff mentioned above I would have been out of town a couple of days ago. No sense tempting fate. It doesn't hurt to be overly cautious!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:32 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

oneounceload wrote:
As of this AM, the path has shifted to the left for the worst - means it will be coming right up the middle of the state as opposed to one coast.......looks like Sun AM for my area............

You read maps like my wife. WEST IS NOT ALWAYS LEFT!

#MMUSOpen2019 #TheForkUSOpen2021

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:23 pm 
Crown Grade

If a storm is heading north the west would be on the ........?