It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Understanding doubles sequence
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:54 pm 
Field Grade

I'm a newer shooter and recently visited a local course that had an electronic clay delay system. Due to work commitments I had to shoot in the middle of a weekday and by myself. When arriving at the stations I noted the trap descriptions A,B,C and D (some only had 3). Since I was just there for fun I shot most of them as singles. On the station description it mostly showed 3 or 4 true/report pairs. My question is, what's the order of the doubles A->B, C->D? Do I shoot that 2x for (4) doubles? What about the 3 doubles at a station, A->B, B->C? Confused....

Thanks
Jon.

Post subject: Re: Understanding doubles sequence
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:11 pm 
Tournament Grade

Unless there are more than two traps per station, normally for report pairs it is A fb B.
Usually the electronics default when you remove the card, so when you insert your card the order is correct. Most times..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:46 pm 
Field Grade

I think I found my answer on a old webpage for the shooting location. Apparently A/B traps are the easy/beginner ones and C/D are for the more advanced shooter. Wasn't explained when I collected my electronic key at the start, but makes sense now.

Jon.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:49 pm 
Presentation Grade

Sounds like you shot at Bald Mountain. Ridge course Pretty much has 4 traps per station. A&B are easier. C&D are much harder. You can set delays before inserting the key. Anyways just ask when checking in how it all operates. By the way, Bald Mountain is one of the best for shooting....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:05 pm 
Tournament Grade

chips&clays wrote:
Sounds like you shot at Bald Mountain. Ridge course Pretty much has 4 traps per station. A&B are easier. C&D are much harder. You can set delays before inserting the key. Anyways just ask when checking in how it all operates. By the way, Bald Mountain is one of the best for shooting....

+1

One of my favorite places to shoot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:31 pm 
Tournament Grade

I love shooting places with 4 traps per station. I recently shot the course at the Hillsdale College Shooting Center and it took me a long time because I shot all the combinations I could think of shooting. They made lots of money off me that day!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:11 pm 
Field Grade

chips&clays wrote:

Actually I was at Island Lake, another of the MI Shooting Centers. Probably going to head up to Bald Mountain this Friday since the forecast is looking fabulous.

Jon.