It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2018 FITASC Grand Prix?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:24 am 
Tournament Grade

So I thought the U.S. FITASC Grand Prix was at Northbrook along with the NC Regional? I am seeing other Grand Prix's on Winscore. Are they trying to confuse me (it's not hard)? Or did I miss something?

Thanks
Andy Kalmer

Post subject: Re: 2018 FITASC Grand Prix?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:32 am 
Tournament Grade

Andy - there are 2 Grand Prix's in the US that count for the America's Cup and the Beretta World Cup for 2018. The first is the US Open Fitasc Grand Prix at Hermitage Farm Nov. 10-12, 2017. The second is at South Florida Shooting Club in February 2018.
The North American Fitasc Championship is at M & M next May but that is not a World Cup event. Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:15 pm 
Tournament Grade

Joe,

The World Cup has always been decided by 3 events:
World FITASC
Your Continental.... the North American Championship for Americans. (European for Europe)
Your best Grand Prix result no matter which country.

I was told the USA was granted a 2nd Grand Prix since Canada and Mexico don't host a Grand Prix. Leveling the playing field a little bit since in Europe most active FITASC countries host a Grand Prix and it's easy for European shooters to attend multiple in a single year.

The Americas Cup has always been an accumulation of your results from the North American and US FITASC Grand Prix.

Have they changed the criteria? Why would our Continental (North American) have no meaning? Has the Oceanic and European Championship been dropped as well??? Doesn't quite make sense from what we were told in Hungary.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:57 pm 
Tournament Grade

Zach - nothing has changed. We just now have an extra Grand Prix to use for America's Cup and the Beretta World Cup. You are right in the fact that the America's Cup is decided by our countries US Fitasc Championship and one of our two Grand Prix's. The Beretta World cup is decided by your score in the World Fitasc Championship, your countries Fitasc Championship and a Grand Prix regardless of what country. The National Fitasc Championship which we have had for years is not a world cup event and does not count for the America's Cup or the World Cup. If the US Fitasc Championship (World Cup Event) has been awarded, I did not know it. I assumed, and I stated it wrong in the last post, that the Fitasc shoot at M & M was the National Fitasc and not the US Championship.
Also, we did not get another Grand Prix because of Canada, Mexico or South America. Any country can have as many Grand Prix's as they wish.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:29 pm 
Tournament Grade

Thanks Joe!

Makes sense now.

See you soon.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:30 pm 
Tournament Grade

I thought I read the US Grand Prix was at Northbrook in conjunction with the North Central Regional? Did I misunderstand something or was the schedule changed?

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:18 pm 
Limited Edition

We need more Grand Prix's then. Every Regional should be a 200 bird GP!! More feetask damnit.

Carry on.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:31 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Joe, I think by US Championship you mean "North American FITASC"
Correct me if I'm wrong but,

The World Cup events for 2018 would be:
American Grand Prix at Hermitage ( this November)
Grand Prix At South Florida ( February 2018)
North American FITASC at M&M (May 2018)

The NSCA National FITASC championship is at SC regional at Side by Side Ranch in July and is NOT a World Cup event but IS a USA Sporting Team Qualifier and will count as 200 target event for those purposes.

All Fitasc events at Regionals are Team Qualifiers, as are the World Cup events and FiTASC events at the US Open and Nationals. Team members must use a score from one of the 200 target events, one from either the US Open or Nationals and then their top two other qualifying event scores

Northbrook will host the American GP in August at the NC Regional but it is a 2019 World Cup event

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:50 pm 
Crown Grade

cafowler1000 wrote:
We need more Grand Prix's then. Every Regional should be a 200 bird GP!! More feetask damnit.

Carry on.

Agreed!

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:34 am 
Tournament Grade

The responses to Andy’s original post are confusing for me. Each poster has error’s in the response.

After reading all the post’s a couple of times I still did not understand. So, I decided to review the information provided on http://www.fitasc.com and http://www.nssa-nsca.com.

For those who don’t know; FITASC is an anachronym for the organization and governing body that represents 5 distinct shooting disciplines. In 2016, 43 international championships or Grand Prix were organized in five continents under its aegis.
The five shooting disciplines are:

Combined Game Shooting
Compak Sporting
Helice
Sporting
Trap1
Universal Trench

Here in the U.S. we uniformly use the term FITASC to refer to a shooting discipline. When what it really is, is a Sporting discipline presented as a competition under the rules and guidelines of F.I.T.A.S.C. FITASC in of itself is not a shooting discipline.

So fast forward to the original Post.

In the U.S.:
Under the auspices of F.I.T.A.S.C. sporting. There is only one “F.I.T.A.S.C. Sporting Cup" in the U.S.A., the “North America Cup” sponsored by Beretta. On the FITASC Web site there is a page that lists and defines the Beretta FITASC Cups. One of which is the “North America Cup” (sporting).
The “Beretta North America Cup (sporting)” is awarded to the highest shooter’s placing out of 400 targets from two FITASC World Cup Events;

North American Championship FITASC (200 targets) +
Grand Prix of USA (of now which there are two Grand Prix recognized by FITASC sporting in the USA.)
1. U.S. Grand Prix (200 targets)
2. U.S. Open Grand Prix (200 targets)

Within FITASC there is no “Americas Cup” for sporting. One does exist for Helice.

On the NSCA website they do recognize (by the way I cannot find a definition of, nor who sponsors this award) an “Americas Cup”. This may be a synonym for Beretta FITASC Cups; “North America Cup Sporting”. If that is the case then the NSCA website should define it or use the correct naming.

FITASC World Cup rated Events allow you to Compete for the “Beretta FITASC Cups” of which there are many and on 5 continents. The FITASC World Cup rated events also are used in the FITASC World Rankings, PFWR points.

In the USA, there are three FITASC World Cups (sporting) and FITASC North American Cup (sporting) qualifying events.
1. North American Championship (FITASC sporting)
2. U.S. Grand Prix (FITASC sporting)
3. U.S. Open Grand Prix (FITASC sporting)

This is from the NSCA Website:
The 2018 Championship Tour is as follows:
Dates Championship Club State
February 1-4, 2018 Krieghoff Classic 200 & Grand Prix FITASC South Florida Shooting Club FL
April 8-15, 2018 U.S. Open Sporting Clays Coyote Springs AZ
April 25-29, 2018 Western Regional Quail Point CA
May 16-20, 2018 Northeast Regional & North American FITASC M&M Sporting Clays NJ
July 25-29, 2018 South Central Regional & National FITASC Side X Side Ranch OK
August 15-19, 2018 North Central Regional & American Grand Prix Northbrook Sports Club IL
September 12-16, 2018 Southeast Regional Forest City Gun Club GA
October 20-28, 2018 National Championship National Shooting Complex TX

In yellow not sure what this FITASC event is? Should it be the US Grand Prix FITASC. It just says Grand Prix of which we now know there are two recognized by FITASC.

In Green M&M has the “North American FITASC” this should be the North American Championship FITASC.

In Blue Northbrook Sports Club has the “American Grand Prix”. Not sure what this is. If it is a new and third Grand Prix for the USA it is not listed on the FITASC website as of today. Therefore, unless yet unpublished is not a World Cup Event.
So, we need some clarification on the Naming of these shoots and their current FITASC status.

If these are incorrectly listed by the NSCA it should be corrected.

If I have made some errors here would love to have them corrected with references.
Thanks
Jim G

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:16 am 
Tournament Grade

If I'm reading it correctly, you have an error in your response, regarding Northbrook. I didn't understand the original schedule either, as per Andy's questions, but look at Brett's response closer. The event Northbrook is hosting in August of 2018 is NOT a 2018 event, it counts as a 2019 event.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:20 am 
Tournament Grade

Correct counts as a 2019 event that is shot in 2018. But Counts as what?
What is the American Grand Prix is the question. Not a Listed World Cup or a listed Grand Prix on the FITASC site.

In addition what I placed in my response was from the NSCA website.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:57 am 
Limited Edition

This is FITASC'n confusing. Will someone please define for me why I would compete in a world cup event if I did not plan on competing internationally? I understand Team USA process but have never understood the need for world cup other than to be ranked by FITASC.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:59 am 
Tournament Grade

One of the main questions in my post concerning the FITASC events has been answered by Mr. Cantey.
"
Note: The US Open Fitasc Grand Prix's name has been changed to the American Grand Prix. Since this will be an annual shoot from now on this will be the official name."

So
There are now two Gran Prix FITASC Sporting events in the US
Both are World Cup FITASC Events, and both will be USA Team qualifiers.

1. US Grand Prix FITASC sporting
2. American Grand Prix FITASC sporting

The new American Grand Prix (formally US Open Grand Prix) will be held at Hermitage Farm in 2017. The results will be used for 2018 World Cup and USA Team qualifiers

The new American Grand Prix will be held at Northbrook Sports Club in 2018 in conjunction with the North Central Regional Championships. The results will be used for 2019 World Cup and USA Team qualifiers.

Beretta North America Cup FITASC Sporting
Top score of 400 targets from
North American Championship FITASC Sporting
and
1. US Grand Prix
or
2. American Grand Prix