It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Alabama State Championship for 2018?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:35 pm 
Tournament Grade

Anyone know the month and venue? I’m trying to plan out my “bigger” shoots for 2018. Looks like the closest bigger shoots are Gamaliel in Nashville and the Southeast Regional in Savannah. Forest City Club looks very nice!

I wish I had the funds to shoot them all, on top of the local monthly shoots that I’m planning on.

JML

Post subject: Re: Alabama State Championship for 2018?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:52 am 
Presentation Grade

Probably won't know until well into 2018, but I'm thinking Talladega CMP, or once again, Taylor Creek. Bushy Creek is always a possibility, but I doubt they bid. It has been in September most recently, probably no change there. Billy Thomas will know and he posts here regularly.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:39 pm 
Tournament Grade

Thanks Eagle! Talladega CMP would be great! Just off I-20 and plenty of hotels nearby!

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:33 pm 
Field Grade

I am not 100%, but I believe it will be at Taylor Creek again.

http://taylorcreeksportingclays.com/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:40 pm 
Tournament Grade

Plus one for CMP, shot there this weekend. Paved cart paths, plenty of parking, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:57 am 
Presentation Grade

markg wrote:
I am not 100%, but I believe it will be at Taylor Creek again.

Wouldn't doubt it. Chris did a great job this year.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:56 pm 
Limited Edition

Any updates on this?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:25 pm 
Field Grade

Does CMP rent carts?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:39 pm 
Tournament Grade

Yes, they do. $10.00 cart fee on top of $39.00 target fee for a normal round of sporting.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:52 pm 
Field Grade

Thank you

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:40 pm 
Field Grade

I have been authorizes to release this exciting news, "2018 Alabama State Championship Shoot" will be held May 4th, 5th, & 6th. The Sub-gauges and Pre-Lim will be held on Friday 4th and Saturday 5th at Taylor Creek Sporting Clays, Theodore, AL. with all events available both days. The main will be held at Bushy Creek Clays on Sunday 6th.

More exciting news......all Sub-gauges will be 100 target events as well as the Pre-Lim and all event will be available both days with eourpean rotation. The main will be a single day 150 target event spread over 18 stations and will be squaded with 4 shooter squads maximum with a minimum of two rotations.

Saturday afternoon will conclude with heavy hors d'oeuvres, a few tall tales about conditions that contributed to a target miss, and lots of nervous anticipation about all those towers at Bushy Creek Clays on Sunday!

Rhonda Barfield will be handling registration which should be available soon! Chris (Taylor Creek) and Gary (Bushy Creek) are committed to make this the best Al State yet ..... Oh and don't forget the ASCA association's fearless leader Billy Thomas who will out work all of us to insure its "top shelf".

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:53 pm 
Limited Edition

Chris Ford and the gang at Taylor Creek are looking forward to welcoming new and old friends to the 2018 Alabama State Sub-guage and Prelim. Hurricanes notwithstanding, we enjoyed hosting the state shoot last year and look forward to working with the Billy, the state association and Gary at Bushy Creek to make this year the best ever for regional and Gulf Coast shooters. And, hey; if you consider you're a national class shooter from New York City...come on down and shoot against the southern talent.

We're still pushing every day to make Taylor Creek the best club possible. We added 3d traps to two more stations last week and will upgrade another this week. We want everyone from the recreational shooter to the master class NSCA shooter to enjoy a challenging day at the range.

This week, Chris is putting the final touches on the 2018 NSCA registered shoot schedule for Taylor Creek to prepare area shooters for the Alabama state shoot and other shoots later in the year. We hope Gulf Coast shooters will come down and enjoy some good targets and Southern Alabama hospitality.

Hope to see you soon and at the state shoot.

Last edited by LG on Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:13 pm 
Field Grade

It's going to a special year with two great clubs ( Chris and Gray)who have great reputation for throwing great targets registration will open soon hope to see you all there it's going to be a blast as always !!!!!

Thanks
Billy Thomas

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:22 am 
Crown Grade

Will there be FITASC events; and if so, which club and which day(s)? With family in Mobile, a visit might be in order.............

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:10 am 
Presentation Grade

deleted by request

Last edited by GoldenEagle on Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:02 pm 
Presentation Grade

deleted by request

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:07 pm 
Limited Edition

Oneounceload, no plan for FITASC when I asked last week. Chris will expand beyond the Taylor Creek sporting course for the prelim and games but, so far, we're not planning to set up separate parcours like last year.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:00 pm 
Field Grade

Sounds like it’s going to be fun. Don’t know if I’ll be able to get in 300 registered targets by May. Just have to wait and see.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:40 pm 
Field Grade

This one, 2018, is shaping up to potential be best format yet. By using both Taylor Creek and Bushy Creek it affords the shooter several new options considering the format is a single day Main.

The Subs and Prelim are European rotation and this year the prelim is available two days along with the subs. This will allow those shooters that can't make Friday the opportunity to shoot Saturday and easily get in a couple of hundred targets and if they choose to stay over until Sunday shoot the one day Main. Additional there are those that will travel on Sunday just to shoot the Main and return home without incurring the cost of a Saturday overnight stay which is the case with a two day Main. Won't work for everyone but will open the door for others that time, money, or job won't allow for a multiple day shoot.

We will get some hotel room blocks soon in the Mobile area which will be centrally located making it a short 30 minute drive to either club.

This year's venue includes a social Saturday afternoon that will start around 4:30 and wrap up by 6 providing plenty time afterward to do dinner at one of many great Mobile restaurants for those that are still hungry.

Sunday's Main will include free lunch of hamburgers, hotdogs, sausage dogs & depending on road kill maybe some opossum.

Working with Billy and Chris to get the shoot menu finalized now so keep checking back!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:41 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I know the 150 bird main was kind of a have too last year, but I am betting a bunch of folks really liked the idea.

Know Guns --- Know Peace --- Know Safety
No Guns --- No Peace --- No Safety