It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: HOA Payout
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:53 am 
Diamond Grade

I noticed the Krieghoff Classic in Florida paid Wendell Cherry 1500.00 for his HOA finish. They had 547 shooters. So I am feeling good about our 1200.00 HOA payout offered for our Louisiana State Sporting Championship in May, with probably 200 shooters. The rest of the 23,705.00 payout will be spread throughout the classes and concurrents. This is being done at a lower entry fee, and no money back to class. We also added a special 4H/FFA concurrent for our young shooters. They shoot for 390.00, 270.00, and 150.00 in class, for 350.00, 250.00, and 100.00 in sub junior and junior concurrent, and 350.00, 250.00, and 100.00 in 4H/FFA concurrent. Again, no raised entry fee. Should be 47 checks won in the main alone, from 1200.00 down to 100.00.
All other events have very good payouts as well. To see the flyer go to Shooterspage general forums or shooters page shoot listings in Louisiana. If your close consider coming. We know how to have a good time in Louisiana. Of course, it is a registered NSCA event. All money is open.
So what is wrong with this format?

Post subject: Re: HOA Payout
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:03 pm 
Diamond Grade

My main point is, if you aren't paying the concurrents and kids to come back, you are missing the boat. Concurrents are the present and kids are the future.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:07 pm 
Crown Grade

That is absolutely correct.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:08 pm 
Presentation Grade

1redvette wrote:
My main point is, if you aren't paying the concurrents and kids to come back, you are missing the boat. Concurrents are the present and kids are the future.

Let us know how it plays out. Sounds like a good idea.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:49 pm 
Diamond Grade

wow! I really can't believe all the negative posters didn't jump all over us for a payout schedule thats a little different, Especially after saying it couldn't be done. and remember, punches are still free, if you don't like to shoot for money.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:56 pm 
Crown Grade

I think what you did was a GREAT idea and thing to do..........
With 547 shooters, imagine if you took that extra $7/person and put it back into your prize pool because you didn't have to pay NSCA for electrons

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:05 pm 
Crown Grade

oneounceload wrote:
With 547 shooters, imagine if you took that extra $7/person and put it back into your prize pool because you didn't have to pay NSCA for electrons

No electrons. SOMEBODY is pocketing some cash or buying jewelry or such.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:11 pm 
Presentation Grade

1redvette wrote:
wow! I really can't believe all the negative posters didn't jump all over us for a payout schedule thats a little different, Especially after saying it couldn't be done. and remember, punches are still free, if you don't like to shoot for money.

Satisfied customer are good for business. Hope it works out.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:29 pm 
Presentation Grade

oneounceload wrote:

7 * 547 = $3,829. Out of a total of $23,705 in prize money, $3,829 would represent an increase of 16% of the total. My math skills are rusty but it would add a nice bit to the pot.

The NSCA does provide governance and recordkeeping. You'd need some replacement and I wonder what it would cost to provide a quality replacement. Or.....

Go back to the old days and pay HOA and/or just Lewis.

I think this will might provide a decent experiment to see what works the best in terms of payouts.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:35 pm 
Crown Grade

Quote:
The NSCA does provide governance and recordkeeping. You'd need some replacement and I wonder what it would cost to provide a quality replacement. Or.....

Who cares?

Go back to the old days and pay HOA and/or just Lewis.

Has worked great before the NSCA

I think this will might provide a decent experiment to see what works the best in terms of payouts.

Agreed - -worth a try anyway

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:21 pm 
Presentation Grade

Why should we pay only one person for HOA and the 1st Lewis? What about the poor smuck that came in second? Never did like that setup! If I wanted to "play" a Lewis lottery, I'd go to the boats!......or, just buy Lottery tickets!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:25 pm 
Presentation Grade

Headhog wrote:
Why should we pay only one person for HOA and the 1st Lewis? What about the poor smuck that came in second? Never did like that setup! If I wanted to "play" a Lewis lottery, I'd go to the boats!......or, just buy Lottery tickets!

You pay each entry if you want. I was just remarking how it used to be.

Set up your own tournament you can pay (or not pay) however you like!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:28 pm 
Crown Grade

Who said anything about only paying first Lewis? What if it was 5 payouts?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:31 pm 
Presentation Grade

I believe every Lewis I’ve been in started paying with the high shooter and then went down to other payees.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:37 pm 
Crown Grade

True, but there isn't anything to prevent a club to spread out those Lewis payouts......the more they spread them out the more most folks will come back

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:51 pm 
Diamond Grade

The Lewis option is also readily available. But, I totally like the idea of awarding for an accomplishment, and not hitting in a crapshoot.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:10 pm 
Presentation Grade

1redvette wrote:
The Lewis option is also readily available. But, I totally like the idea of awarding for an accomplishment, and not hitting in a crapshoot.

Win.

Post subject: HOA Payout
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:59 pm 
Diamond Grade

1redvette wrote:

Here's a solution for a tournament with 80-120 entries. Pay HOA and RU. Then run a Lewis class calculation with 4 groups with 5 shooters in each group. So far it's traditional Lewis class. The cool thing is that those 5 shooters in each group will have to shoot off for the money. So maybe pay $80/$60/$40/$20/0 to those five. I think it would be fun and eliminates the need for a classification system and target fees. Put the saved $7.00 into the money pot, if the club is already putting in some back to class money your done money wise. If not, increase the entry fee by $5.00. I'm betting new shooters will embrace dollars over punches.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:00 am 
Presentation Grade

High Rib 52 wrote:
1redvette wrote:

Here's a solution for a tournament with 80-120 entries. Pay HOA and RU. Then run a Lewis class calculation with 4 groups with 5 shooters in each group. So far it's traditional Lewis class. The cool thing is that those 5 shooters in each group will have to shoot off for the money. So maybe pay $80/$60/$40/$20/0 to those five. I think it would be fun and eliminates the need for a classification system and target fees. Put the saved $7.00 into the money pot, if the club is already putting in some back to class money your done money wise. If not, increase the entry fee by $5.00. I'm betting new shooters will embrace dollars over punches.

This is cool. {hs#

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:18 am 
Crown Grade

That's why I like "options" including Lewis Class. If you want to gamble, it's there for you.