It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Gas vs Electric Carts
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:49 am 
Crown Grade

Definitely gas.

The last one we had was an EZ Go electric. Ended up having to buy a new controller. (Not cheap). And a new set of batteries (not cheap either).

Notwithstanding the above, as you may also end up having to repair a gas cart; it is a lot easier to grab a tank of gas and refuel an empty gas cart. Not so easy to find a place to charge an electric cart that one of your kids ran too long and got stranded with. Ask me how I know.....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:40 pm 
Diamond Grade

I figure that by the time I worked enough to pay for a golf cart, I could have easily walked around all the sporting clays courses I have ever shot at.
Yes, walking is an option, and unlike joining a gym to run on a treadmill, it's free.
And, don't forget to factor in the bother of loading and unloading the golf cart from the trailer and the cost (time spent working) of owning a vehicle that can tow that trailer.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:02 pm 
Field Grade

B.L.E. wrote:
I figure that by the time I worked enough to pay for a golf cart, I could have easily walked around all the sporting clays courses I have ever shot at.
Yes, walking is an option, and unlike joining a gym to run on a treadmill, it's free.
And, don't forget to factor in the bother of loading and unloading the golf cart from the trailer and the cost (time spent working) of owning a vehicle that can tow that trailer.

I miss the days of walking and socializing between stations. But they are long gone and not coming back.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:02 pm 
Field Grade

B.L.E. wrote:

Not that the exercise would hurt anyone.