It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: NSCA Survey? Is that a ****ing joke?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:20 pm 
Presentation Grade

ysr_racer wrote:
blackandgold wrote:
ysr_racer wrote:
I would donate everything I had to my idiot brother (that's 54 and never worked a day in his life) before I gave them a penny.

Tell us how you really feel. Don't be shy, ysr

Orange is the new black. If you steal money, you go to jail

Is it technically stealing though. I don't know how the marketing deal was approved. Unethical, yes, but I'm not sure it's criminal.

I sure as hell would stay clear of it when I worked with 501(c)3s. No sense in starting that mess. Never needed money that bad.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:58 pm 
Tournament Grade

rbrown2012 wrote:
The members of the NSSA and NSCA. The conspiracies and intrigue pretty much exist only in sgw.

Based on the published financial reports on the NSSA web site, My perception of the NSSA is it's a non-profit, not a charity. The questions in that survey gave the impression the NSSA thinks of itself as a Charity. That is difficult for me to swallow based on the financial activity published in those statements over the last 10+ years. The organization's financials show a very healthy revenue stream, yet it needs more revenue in the form of "donations" from shooters to make things better? I'd need to hear a very compelling story about exactly how that would happen to even think about donating.

Also, the NSCA only controls it's organization at the pleasure of the NSSA and NSSA executives. As an NSCA member, I would never consider making any kind of donation under the current governance structure, since there is no way to guarantee NSCA shooters would benefit from a donation.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:58 am 
Presentation Grade

jtw wrote:
rbrown2012 wrote:
The members of the NSSA and NSCA. The conspiracies and intrigue pretty much exist only in sgw.

Based on the published financial reports on the NSSA web site, My perception of the NSSA is it's a non-profit, not a charity. The questions in that survey gave the impression the NSSA thinks of itself as a Charity. That is difficult for me to swallow based on the financial activity published in those statements over the last 10+ years. The organization's financials show a very healthy revenue stream, yet it needs more revenue in the form of "donations" from shooters to make thingns better? I'd need to hear a very compelling story about exactly how that would happen to even think about donating.

Also, the NSCA only controls it's organization at the pleasure of the NSSA and NSSA executives. As an NSCA member, I would never consider making any kind of donation under the current governance structure, since there is no way to guarantee NSCA shooters would benefit from a donation.

The NSSA is a 501(c)3 corporation organized not for profit. 501(c)3 are what most charities are. There are different non-profits under IRS section 501, if bored you can look them up. The NFL is also a non profit but I beliver under a different sub section. A CPA or lawyer could tell you.

Whether you feel the NSSA is a good Steward of your contribution is something you and each of must decide individually.

Based on your post, I'd put you down for a nooooooooo, lol.

Last edited by blackandgold on Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:19 am 
Diamond Grade

Money hides in strange places and people spend it in countless ways. I don't blame them for marketing the idea. It didn't cost me a dime. If someone wants to build them a new pavilion for me to get out of the rain, I'd appreciate it!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:26 am 
Diamond Grade

blackandgold wrote:
jtw wrote:
rbrown2012 wrote:

Based on the published financial reports on the NSSA web site, My perception of the NSSA is it's a non-profit, not a charity. The questions in that survey gave the impression the NSSA thinks of itself as a Charity. That is difficult for me to swallow based on the financial activity published in those statements over the last 10+ years. The organization's financials show a very healthy revenue stream, yet it needs more revenue in the form of "donations" from shooters to make thingns better? I'd need to hear a very compelling story about exactly how that would happen to even think about donating.

The NSSA is a 501(c)3 corporation organized not for profit. There are different non-profits under IRS section 501, if bored you can look them up. The NFL is also a non profit but I beliver under a different sub section. A CPA or lawyer could tell you.

Whether you feel the NSSA is a good Steward of your contribution is something you and each of must decide individually.
A 501(c)(3) is a charitable organization.
The donations they're asking for would be tax deductible. The Amateur Trapshooting Association is also a(501)(c)(3) organization and it too takes its share of heat.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:11 am 
Crown Grade

This is like those charities where you donate a dollar, and six cents goes to the cause, and the CEO rides around in a Bentley.

If any of you leave anything to them in your will/trust, you're a bigger fool than the old ladies that give everything they have to some TV preacher.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:14 am 
Crown Grade

blackandgold wrote:
Is it technically stealing though. I don't know how the marketing deal was approved. Unethical, yes, but I'm not sure it's criminal.

Oh, I'm sure it's legal. But as you say, ethical, not a chance.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:11 am 
Presentation Grade

dickgtax wrote:
blackandgold wrote:
jtw wrote:

The NSSA is a 501(c)3 corporation organized not for profit. There are different non-profits under IRS section 501, if bored you can look them up. The NFL is also a non profit but I beliver under a different sub section. A CPA or lawyer could tell you.

A 501(c)(3) is a charitable organization.
The donations they're asking for would be tax deductible. The Amateur Trapshooting Association is also a(501)(c)(3) organization and it too takes its share of heat.

100% correct. The ATA payouts, at least in days of old, always made me laugh. Some amateur winning $100k in handicap at the Grand. Seems and awful lot of money for an "amateur" to win.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:18 am 
Diamond Grade

As a life member of the NSSA/NSCA I took the opportunity to express my desire for the Sporting Clays shooters & the NSCA, to have equal say over how the $$ that is generated from NSCA shoots is spent and furthermore a equal say as to the direction the organization is going. Probably a waste of time but I did it anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:22 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I clicked on the link and had to fill out the survey to move past the first page. As to charitable donation to the NSCA or NSSA, the problem is that I don't think of them as a charities, I think of them as businesses that happen to be organized as non-profits. I donate to shooting organizations that need donations to survive, primarily USA Shooting. I also participate in local charity-supporting shoots that benefit charities such as the United Way, Boy Scouts, Texas Rifle Association, etc., and give money and ammo to youth shooting groups. Given that income is finite, and my charitable donations are a finite chunk of that finite income, I cannot imagine that I would divert funds from any of the causes I currently support (the above as well as others like Yellow Ribbon Fund, Fisher House, Airborne Angels) to send money to NSSA/NSCA. MAJ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:35 am 
Presentation Grade

B-Shooter wrote:
As a life member of the NSSA/NSCA I took the opportunity to express my desire for the Sporting Clays shooters & the NSCA, to have equal say over how the $$ that is generated from NSCA shoots is spent and furthermore a equal say as to the direction the organization is going. Probably a waste of time but I did it anyway.

Probably, but change won't ever come if nobody says anything or tries anything different.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:30 am 
Tournament Grade

blackandgold wrote:
The NSSA is a 501(c)3 corporation organized not for profit. 501(c)3 are what most charities are. There are different non-profits under IRS section 501, if bored you can look them up. The NFL is also a non profit but I beliver under a different sub section. A CPA or lawyer could tell you.

Yeah, I knew the 503(c)3 part.. I just looked at their books and said "this isn't how I would expect a Charity to operate". My point was I developed that perception by looking at the data that NSSA publishes, not innuendo and crazy forum posts. If the NSSA wants me to consider making a Charitable donation, they have to provide clear detailed documentation that they need a charitable donation and how they'd use such a donation for the benefit of sporting shooters.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:35 am 
Presentation Grade

jtw wrote:
blackandgold wrote:

Yeah, I knew the 503(c)3 part.. I just looked at their books and said "this isn't how I would expect a Charity to operate". My point was I developed that perception by looking at the data that NSSA publishes, not innuendo and crazy forum posts. If the NSSA wants me to consider making a Charitable donation, they have to provide clear detailed documentation that they need a charitable donation and how they'd use such a donation for the benefit of sporting shooters.

{hs#

That ask had terrible timing. I see it more of a professional sports league than I do a charity.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:35 am 
Crown Grade

Mama needs a new pair of shoes?

:)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:39 am 
Presentation Grade

ysr_racer wrote:
Mama needs a new pair of shoes?

:)

Those skeet fields won't hoop themselves. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:45 am 
Crown Grade

At one time wasn't there an "NSSA Charities" that you made your donations to? Donations to "NSSA Charities" were tax deductible.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:53 am 
Presentation Grade

ShowMe wrote:
At one time wasn't there an "NSSA Charities" that you made your donations to? Donations to "NSSA Charities" were tax deductible.

Aren't all contributions to a 501(c)3 tax deductible? 501(c)4s are not deductible.

Last edited by blackandgold on Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:53 am 
Crown Grade

Thanks NSCA for the subtle reminder to review my will,living will and medical directive. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:17 am 
Crown Grade

Boy, it has been a long winter.

(Warning: To those that read my posts.)
I don't shoot registered targets so what could I possibly know or have to offer?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:21 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I may find donating money to the NRA offensive, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't do it. How about you worry about how you spend your money and I'll worry about how I spend mine.

#MMUSOpen2019 #TheForkUSOpen2021 #marist89ForAC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next