It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 3:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: NSCA Survey? Is that a ****ing joke?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:27 am 
Presentation Grade

lt0026 wrote:
Thanks NSCA for the subtle reminder to review my will,living will and medical directive. :lol:

Did they really? Planned giving, it does work, when done appropriately

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:38 am 
Crown Grade

I took the survey, some interesting questions, I would personally not give to the NSCA, in the past perhaps with Team USA, but now with another payout that was handed out, and with no justification as to why other then "marketing". No bueno.

It seems like alot of people are fed up, and honestly I don't blame them. Perhaps a complete dissolve of the NSCA and or a new organization is what the sport needs. If people want to take sides, that's their opinion and their own deal.

Hamptons and payouts go together like ice cream and chocolate sauce. As I've mentioned before if it was justified, and there can be a recorded measurement of the improvements for marketing, and they can show a return on investment, then I'll eat crow and move on. But until that gets put to the fore front, why should anyone here in the NSCA trust anything that our governing body is doing right now.

NSCA#620844
Muller Mafia Fan&Member
"regard le putain d'oiseau"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:42 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

rbrown2012 wrote:
There are more donations each year than you guys would imagine.

According to the NSSA 2015 Form 990 (the most recent available on Guidestar), in 2015 there were "contributions, gifts and grants" of $539,967 and noncash contributions of $161,286.

For those who want to see the financials rather than simply guess, http://bit.ly/2EegHRk,

"I wish I were dumber so I could be more certain about my opinions. It looks fun."—Scott Adams
"Those who shoot to win often lose; those who shoot for fun always win." — Geoffe Gaebe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:47 am 
Presentation Grade

rschrager wrote:
rbrown2012 wrote:

According to the NSSA 2015 Form 990 (the most recent available on Guidestar), in 2015 there were "contributions, gifts and grants" of $539,967 and noncash contributions of $161,286.

For those who want to see the financials rather than simply guess, http://bit.ly/2EegHRk,

It's decent, but not huge. Definitely, work to be done there.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:26 pm 
Tournament Grade

When I got that survey and they started asking for $ I thought that would be one question. But it ended up asking for my will the way I read it eventually after the 10th/15th question asking for $. I have never received such an email and I found it honestly offensive. I was less offended when I found my ex wife banging around. If this is how the NSCA works I will go back to trap or bunker. In fact, I already have made my mind up on that and will go ATA and will shoot sporting for the occasional hoot. This game is truly screwed. Maybe it is a good idea to start a new org after all folks.

Also, has an independent auditor come in and really gone over things? and given their recommendations? Not an auditor that does the annual blah blah blah but an actual audit.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:00 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The Swanny wrote:
Also, has an independent auditor come in and really gone over things? and given their recommendations? Not an auditor that does the annual blah blah blah but an actual audit.

http://nssa-nsca.org/wp-content/uploads ... SA_Rev.pdf

#MMUSOpen2019 #TheForkUSOpen2021 #marist89ForAC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:32 pm 
Tournament Grade

My $0.02 worth ... normally, I do not take surveys. But, the message that introduced this survey said that it was “... seeking information on the interactions you have had with the NSCA.” OK, that’s worth doing so I figured I take the survey and hope that the information would help improve some small part of our sport. But, the survey isn’t at all about “interactions” it’s about how the NSCA can get me (us) to give them more money. The survey is a reflection of poor leadership ... not because of what it tries to assess, but the disenguous manner in which it was proposed. To be clear, had the cover letter said that the NSCA wanted to survey members in order to increase voluntary contributions to the organization, I would have simply deleted it. Instead, I was disappointed that our organization chose to be so disingenuous.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:34 pm 
Crown Grade

I chuckled the whole way through it.

(Warning: To those that read my posts.)
I don't shoot registered targets so what could I possibly know or have to offer?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:17 pm 
Presentation Grade

For anyone that hasn't looked up the IRS Form 990 for the NSSA and might be wondering what services might have been provided:

Sold ads for the NSSA and NSCA magazines, now presumably just selling ads and sponsorships of Clay Target Nation.

A few have asked who "owns" the NSSA, it isn't the members like some organizations. Some of that language is probably due to obtaining 501(c)3 status and not necessarily a bad thing.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:37 am 
Crown Grade

Darn, I was just about to write the NSCA a big check, then the stock market tanked. Oh well, maybe next time :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:05 am 
Utility Grade

I got about a third of my way through the "survey" then finally realized the NSCA was looking for "donations". That was when I exited the survey......Clicked the reply button and explained that as a member of NSCA, I did not consider it to be a charitable organization.
In addition , explained that I felt insulted by the survey and offered the opinion that the survey would cost the NSCA a reduction in memberships. My opinion of our organization has been diminished considerably by all this. I am sure that most clubs who host NSCA shoots and have significant numbers of Sporting Clay clients are even more upset than the general membership.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:49 am 
Presentation Grade

ysr_racer wrote:
Darn, I was just about to write the NSCA a big check, then the stock market tanked. Oh well, maybe next time :)

I willed them my shares of Lehman brothers.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:56 am 
Crown Grade

Think I'll donate my shares of Enron........

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:28 pm 
Presentation Grade

rschrager wrote:
rbrown2012 wrote:

That about paid the Hampton's yearly salary. Maybe they want a raise and know more donations are the best way.